Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Twitch Broadcast - June 1, 2017 - Comments

What on earth was your "logic" in making it so that you can only grow any significant amount in war while at the same time maintaining this stupidly overpowered fortified stance and the 3 day end of war ceasefire? Do you plan on fixing this screwed up system so that the "war kingdoms" who you have now made "competitive" can't hide behind stances all age in the future?

As it stands right now, all that has to happen is for all the kingdoms on the server to refuse to war a given kingdom and it can't possibly crown. That is crap. Crowning should be about the skill of the kingdom, not whether or not a bunch of online eunuchs are willing to find their testicles and war them.
    Last edited by Sheister; 01-06-2017 at 13:20.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

SUGGESTIONS

1) One thing you could do is to make raids.
    Like every kingdom to have a portal to a mirrored kingdom. And you can attack that kingdom once a week. That kingdom should have a fixed amount of def (ex 500k def ponts) which scales with the size of the kingdom you currently are in. So you have a week as a kingdom to kill all the def of that mirrored kingdom and as rewards you should get artifacts like "dragon immunity" for the next war for the whole kingdom or land (which could be distributed by the monarch to the kingdom's provinces as it will be decided) or, money and runes and food (which again should be distributed by the monarch to the provinces in the kingdom) , or to get some "Minor Artifacts" with different bonuses that could be given to certain members in the kingdom (by the Monarch) and that can last for 3 days and can be activated so those 3 days starts the countdown when the artifact/artifacts gets activated. Those artifacts could also have some downsides (as example : "Minor Artifact of Strength" = +10% OME / +10% attack time ( or -5% Def or whatever you want to put) ; "Minor Artifact of Assassination" = +15% Thievery Ops Dmg / +1 (or 2) Stealth points per op and so on. Also a province can't have more than 1 active artifact at a time and once the artifact got activated, it can't be deactivated and the 3 days needs to pass before it will get disabled (and removed from that province inventory) and another one to get activated again.

These are some ideas and they can be improved. Its just a quick thought of what i believe it could be a new step to a new level of team-playing and also it gives you extra things to do except bullying around or getting bored while searching for a war.

2) When two kingdoms are in war, no other kingdom(s) should be allowed to interfere in any way ( attacking with troops , sending a dragon, doing ops).

These are some of the ideas i have and i hope you will find them ok to implement in the game.

Cheers!

Director of Age Changes
    When is the game going back to 4p specs and 7off orc elites? :p
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Are you guys going to stop treating Utopia like it's your own personal fiefdom? Specifically I mean stuff like implementing way too many drastic changes all at once because it's what you and your friends at the top have always dreamed of, or your super secret Slack team where you have invited only established monarchs and your BFFs to give detailed feedback on any suggested changes but exclude the rest of the player base from the same privilege. Are you going to follow through on any of your promises to expand said player base? Because from this end it looks like y'all are having a purdy fun time over there tweaking mechanics instead of acknowledging all the problems that make it prohibitive for new players to join (and no it is not the wiki, it is the pervasive attitude of noob hatred, superiority, poor kd sizing, and incestuous recruitment). I got excited when you guys took over but I've pretty much written off the idea that you'll do anything truly great with the game. Would love to be proved wrong.

bigmeankitty - Anyone has been able to apply and join the team, you had to just send a mail to David about it. But I guess its easier to ***** and moan than actually do something worthwhile for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmeankitty View Post
    Are you guys going to stop treating Utopia like it's your own personal fiefdom? Specifically I mean stuff like implementing way too many drastic changes all at once because it's what you and your friends at the top have always dreamed of, or your super secret Slack team where you have invited only established monarchs and your BFFs to give detailed feedback on any suggested changes but exclude the rest of the player base from the same privilege
    Like any of the top kd's want any of these changes. lol
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    bigmeankitty - Anyone has been able to apply and join the team, you had to just send a mail to David about it. But I guess its easier to ***** and moan than actually do something worthwhile for the community.
    The inherent assumption behind this statement is that everyone uses IRC and has visited channel #tactics and hence, would have known there was an option to do that. But no. Not everyone uses IRC, so, not everyone is aware that there is a test server. Had this been informed in the utopia forums, then there wouldn't be reason to complain because then it would have been known publicly that a test server exists which people can apply to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinky View Post
    The inherent assumption behind this statement is that everyone uses IRC and has visited channel #tactics and hence, would have known there was an option to do that. But no. Not everyone uses IRC, so, not everyone is aware that there is a test server. Had this been informed in the utopia forums, then there wouldn't be reason to complain because then it would have been known publicly that a test server exists which people can apply to join.
    Its been mentioned on the forums a few times.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Pretty sure its been mentioned here in the forums as well cant find a mention and dont wanna go through all his posts. :) Either way his whole posts is wrong, he doesnt stay to a fact based argument but rather a emotional one. Not everyone uses the forum either and irc is as public as Utopia forums. Guess they wanted an active crowd that already used irc/slack.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Its been mentioned on the forums a few times.
    Yes, it has but not as an announcement but as a reply to some random thread. My point is, more people would see it if it was mentioned in an announcement rather than as a reply in some thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Pretty sure its been mentioned here in the forums as well cant find a mention and dont wanna go through all his posts. :) Either way his whole posts is wrong, he doesnt stay to a fact based argument but rather a emotional one. Not everyone uses the forum either and irc is as public as Utopia forums. Guess they wanted an active crowd that already used irc/slack.
    Could be. IRC/slack people would be able to communicate with feedback more quickly as compared to those who would be giving feedback through conventional means.

Strategy Moderator
    Yes, it has but not as an announcement but as a reply to some random thread. My point is, more people would see it if it was mentioned in an announcement rather than as a reply in some thread.
    the announcement for the test forum was on the utopia "Game Update" area where they make all announcements. thats how i saw/herd about it.

I like to post
    You're going about this all wrong. Let's first list the facts:

1. There is a slack channel in which (at first) mostly established players had access to.
    2. This individual did NOT get the information --> this means it was simply not communicated properly/good enough. Why not good enough --> well he didn't read it, hence it wasn't good enough.
    3. You here have a frustrated player/customer who thinks that he's not being taken seriously by those in charge of the game --> now let's start by taking this comment VERY VERY seriously.

To expand on point 3, I know EXACTLY what this person is referring to because I've felt the same exclusion when I first started making waves in the community. Now, I will agree that significant improvements have been made, but that doesn't disprove the FACT that a significant amount of customers feel excluded/alienated from the decision-making processes.

It would be great to hear how the Devs are going to address this.

Stuff so serious.
    Everyone needs to calm down, relax, breathe :)
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    the announcement for the test forum was on the utopia "Game Update" area where they make all announcements. thats how i saw/herd about it.
    Forgot about that. Yes it was on throne for a coupe of weeks?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Forgot about that. Yes it was on throne for a coupe of weeks?
    maybe a log of "old announcements/news/game updates" for people not as active would be a good idea.

Thread Information