Thread: Faery army composition

Faery army composition

How should a typical Faery allocate their soldiers in a warring kd. 100% elites or 50% elites and 50% dspec??? I have never played Faery, and was just curious what others did.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bthomps View Post
    How should a typical Faery allocate their soldiers in a warring kd. 100% elites or 50% elites and 50% dspec??? I have never played Faery, and was just curious what others did.
    2-3 dspec/acre max rest leets. I'm running 1.5 right now as an fyi. pulled about 108 dpa pre war.

I've been running a 1:1 ospec to leet ratio as faery merchant. The GS/Hops/Merchant credits have made for a very durable army who's defense is more or less constant. You gain almost equal credits to losses on your ospec and that leaves money to train more leets to make up for defensive losses.

If you are playing purely defensivly you should really hope you are UB from the start, otherwise you are going to have a bad time. But if you do, you want to have all elites less dspecs that will be used for dragon slaying. If you are turtling you want as many peasents per acre to help you with your economy, and make room for good tpa/wpa.
    Last edited by Spahrep; 08-11-2013 at 13:34.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Post Demon
    But in war you should probably be building d-spec anyway instead of elites, so you can put more gc to the dragon. Or at least, further down the getto pole where the second dragon is hard to launch (and some moron sends the first in UF, not even hostile yet!) you really ought to be pushing dragons hard, since dragon is normally the difference in wars at this level.

I'm currently playing Faery Merch attacker, targeting an A/e role in particular (so 60-65% DR, 3ish rTPA, 2ish rWPA - force them to break something to take my pes. Answer, btw, is break my def with mass, but meh, most gettos don't see why it is so good.)

BTW - how much killing of dragon is too much usually? I just took out 1/3 of the total on my own, and am wondering if I overdid it. Most of that was o-specs actually, and I only send te second batch (10k of the 25k I've sent) after they hit me a couple of times so I was 3k over-pop. Figured I'd just shed NW and fight as one of the smaller guys - my remaining off is plenty to 1x and maybe 2x their small provs. But I'm not sure that was the best plan, so thoughts?

(And, on OP's topic - how much is too much for a T/M? Since we assume he's playing that and not this attacking faery ****, er... "junk".)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    80 draft ,50/50 offspecs/leets ,2-3tpa

Thread Information