Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 6:10 v 4:15

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Are gifs and memes against the forum rules?
    not if they are in-line with the topic of the thread. The warning was issued because there were several gifs that were simply responses to other gifs and/or an off-topic comment. (Probably..)

Forum Addict
    ABS monitored forums...time to stay awayy.

Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    Did you just say congrats to yourself?
    While we are on the topic of congratulating ourselves over a war we basically lost but won kinda...I want to congratulate myself for having the most impressive attacking stats of this war.

High as Duck - 15

-3,822 High as Duck (47/138)

Besides being chained from opening wave until end of war without going green on my province (but I always get greens on my bong bowl)...I did not falter and provided key ETs/FBs before getting massacred to crap WPA.

Though there was many dark times...including dropping to 14 peasants after I started trolling Emeriti in the War Forum (IMO it is what turned the tide in the war forum)...I came out victorious in the end.

I want to thank my KD mates for being skeptic of me yet still wasting valuable resources keeping me alive while I struggled to wake up to alarms every 8hrs.

--------------------------------------

Also now that the war is over...maybe someone who crunches numbers can tell me:

would this war results be drastically different if we ran around 15-20% GS?

I think we started war using +15% in each TGs/Rax/Hosp...which was fine but then we had 10% stables + 6% forts which I thought maybe was not ideal vs Orcs with huge Battle Gains.

Someone said we made a few mistakes, which I'm trying to figure out if it was game-play mistakes or strategic mistakes...however I'd like to hear public opinion.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 09-12-2017 at 01:20.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

The only material error I'm seeing is bringing in those Pandas.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Addict
    Yeah Octo, that was indeed a big mistake, sicks to start getting warwins. Instead of losing min time wars.

Post Fiend
    What would you have taken from to get those GS?

I'd assume my ideal scenario would be the 10% stables + 6% forts/whatever for the first hostile wave (given most KDs have their war build in place by hostile date), then drop them for the GS. They would come in late but would still be good for rest of the war to kinda throttle the orc gains enough(maybe in general?; still to be determined if its enough to counter orc top feed gains in our case)

But then you run the risk of forcing armies out unintentionally just to keep horsies alive and lose out strategic options like holding armies in for whatever other reason.

I was hoping someone can expand on their thoughts of a counter...since we just saw the best of both races by YR4
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I'd assume my ideal scenario would be the 10% stables + 6% forts/whatever for the first hostile wave (given most KDs have their war build in place by hostile date), then drop them for the GS. They would come in late but would still be good for rest of the war to kinda throttle the orc gains enough(maybe in general?; still to be determined if its enough to counter orc top feed gains in our case)

But then you run the risk of forcing armies out unintentionally just to keep horsies alive and lose out strategic options like holding armies in for whatever other reason.

I was hoping someone can expand on their thoughts of a counter...since we just saw the best of both races by YR4
    You held most of your armies home over several ticks so that wouldnt have worked. Maybe if you ditched rax it would have an impact, but then you wouldnt beat us home and you couldnt do that semi-turtle thing you were doing
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Forum Addict
    <Edited - Reason: Inappropriate comment>
    Last edited by Allanon; 09-12-2017 at 11:08.

Needs to get out more
    You can mix strat turtle/raze/mass at the bottom with dwarves. Since I'm an orc down to 48 peasants in our last war vs dwarves and dryads, I've got a limited perspective. We don't have the activity to sustain a province down low so my reservations were tpa/wpa/elites. Releasing was only done on thieves to a limit because my acre yield would never reach previous levels. I'm stubborn about wizard releases and basically prefer PK to surrendering my hard earned warlocks. Had one of my armies destroyed at home as I was camped by the enemy and resorted to NS to pull off additional taps. It's every inch. I was zero built due to razes for a period.

Depending on the speed of orc return armies and spread, you the dwarf can shuffle your build mid wave to achieve optimum benefit. This is nothing a top kingdom doesn't know: It's for the rest of us who maybe aren't thinking of how dangerous dwarves can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Addict
    <Edited - Reason: Inappropriate comment>
    Last edited by Allanon; 09-12-2017 at 14:37.

Enthusiast
    Was there a predictable path to their chaining? As dwarves you've always the option to build something timed for their wave. If you know likely chain targets you can get your GS on them alone.

Post Demon
    you spend credits or gold razing buildings as a dwarf, and a few well timed razes can remove whatever buildings you got before proceeding to chain, still it might be a better try to go gs than not to have it. Forcing some opponents to raze could leave them with a few people on low incoming acres, if you get lucky they don't have the extra offenses to toss at razes so you get to keep your buildings.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Was there a predictable path to their chaining? As dwarves you've always the option to build something timed for their wave. If you know likely chain targets you can get your GS on them alone.
    If they guessed our chaining pattern ahead of time they would be doing better than us!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Memster View Post
    If they guessed our chaining pattern ahead of time they would be doing better than us!!
    True enough, but with 17 dwarves, surely 4 of them fall into the most likely category?

Thread Information