Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: AMA vs Rage

Forum Fanatic
    Well you can hardly blame drixx for the wordsmithery based on the people who brought him up .... with ASF in his pedigree what do you expect ;P

On that note go AMA, proteus maybe you can beat up on your young padawan a bit. Just rob all that gold

The Jerks.

Post Fiend
    lol drixx, so fake, so lame so you.
    what a pill of horse crap, you stink so bad off it.

Enthusiast
    Cant blame someone fot not telling the opponent the true wave date if there is no cf deal. I will enjoy reading proteus comment if he wins :)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    Cant blame someone fot not telling the opponent the true wave date if there is no cf deal. I will enjoy reading proteus comment if he wins :)
    I think you will enjoy read them don't matter how war end :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Abscond View Post
    Good leadership and good diplo skills have put Drixx Rage in position to "vulture" AMA. If anyone can hoard gc to be used for important wars then anyone would leverage it to the fullest.
    If by that you mean having pewpew/pyro block us all age from pumping and decide who we war, i guess you can call it that. Rage actually meant for pewpew to take us out but since we farmed them they had to come and vulture us next themselves :) again its not hard to sit oow all age with cfs and explore your kd and save gold.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Well you can hardly blame drixx for the wordsmithery based on the people who brought him up .... with ASF in his pedigree what do you expect ;P

On that note go AMA, proteus maybe you can beat up on your young padawan a bit. Just rob all that gold
    Problem is there were people that could see through what asf said and he was really good at it, anyone else trying to pull that stuff just looks stupid. I dont have that skillset and would just go the honest route "were fuking you because you suck." Just because you played in a kd with asf doesnt mean you should go fully Mighty Mouse on the forums....especially when its a bunch of hypocrisy thats easy to read through.

If we win it'll be because of elit, i only play a small role in things nowadays after retiring from full time kd leadership but i gotta tell you elit's easily the best leader I've played with (not adding asf to this as he stopped leading years before i joined rage).

Quote Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
    We knew when they wave date would be, jan 1 y5 when cf ends...we knew that 1 week out. You misunderstand my point, i dont care when wave date is, i just like to point out how drixx is trying to emulate asf and doing all of this political posturing/forums bs when its so easy to see through and changing stance on all known issues when getting into a good position for once since taking over kd, going from believing hitting a kd after their war being a vulture to saying no it is not vulturing to saying you will have 8-9days to it really being 6days. I dont care what actually happens i just get annoyed when people try to play with words. I know why he is doing it, its in his interest to dress it up as an even of a fight as possible even though AMA lacked time to full prep because if he wins he can look better (another asf trick)...this just doesnt work on people who have been there and done that. 2nd reason for doing it is because he doesn't want to get vultured by us in future and have his play returned so trying to dress it up nicely.

Again nitram pressure is all on him though, most people expect a kd thats been pumping oow all age making cows to win when they vulture with 500kM gc and 700k solds after jumping someone, if they dont it'll be a horrible smack down. When I got noticed by AMA right after beating BB in war in age 57 and we fought 3 days later (ama had cows and gc stocks, we didnt) i didnt feel bad about it or feel"bested" in anyway...it was a vulture. It was way harder to farm BB, a top kd...than it was to sit oow without conflict and make cows and pump gc, I've been making cows and stocking gc every since I stole Archie's milk milk money in the 3rd grade and trust me its easy when you know how to do it.

Correlation with post length and length of my **** in the morning and this was a long pre-work dump....aka enjoy my **** :p
    Last edited by Proteus; 21-01-2014 at 10:51.

I like to post
    ** Kingdom news report **
    For the time from January 1 of YR5 till January 20 of YR5 - 20 hours
    [ http://home-world.org/utopia/formatter/ - Seraphim online formatter ]

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 27 (5,936 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 24 (5,772 acres)
    -- Ambush: 1 (103 acres)
    -- Conquest: 1 (61 acres)
    -- Failed: 1 (3.7% failure)
    -- Uniques: 10
    Total attacks suffered: 50 (5,425 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 31 (5,425 acres)
    -- Raze: 8 (2,224 acres)
    -- Failed: 11 (22% failure)
    -- Uniques: 37
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    You know Proteus: the only one I see lobbying and making grand arguments in the thread is you. I simply re-iterated what I said to Elit last week. You all had just short of 6 days until cf was over, and I would not be extending the CF, but assumed you would use fort to buy more time. My estimate that you would be in fort going out into the 8th or 9th day seems to have been off by a bit since you exited fort early, but that wasn't my choice, but yours.

Secondly, I didn't try to stall or hide in any way. As soon as I was awake and Elit was back online I told him that I wouldn't be extending our CF and explained why. We all started at the same place in protection, and while there can never be a truly "even" fight in Utopia, being that we all travel different paths through the age, this was the closest thing to an even fight these two kds were likely to see this age, and certainly closer than we were for the last couple. He seemed to agree that you guys had a good chance to beat us, seemed to understand that we really couldn't rationally just hand you weeks to become unassailable, and didn't really seem like he was super bothered by it, as you seem to be. Mock me if you like, but I do have a genuine respect for Elit and what he's done in the last couple years. I may not always agree with some of what he's done, but he hasn't exactly had everyone play very fairly with him either, so I'm gonna deal with him as fairly and equitably as possible, and while we're adversaries, I see no reason for us to be bitter enemies. This is a war game, and if we've gotten to the point where we can't share stories and laugh about old times and shake hands when the fight is over, perhaps we needs re-evaluate some things?

I challenge any top leader or past top leader to say, with a straight face, that they would extend cf with one of the best kds in the game, and one of their main adversaries, for nothing in return, knowing that they had ~20k (turned out to be 26k?) pool, and allow them to explore and pump that pool in order to come back when the next cf expired and force a fight on you. It's simply irrational and foolish to expect us to extend in that case, especially when the request was that we extend for nothing in return, and when we all know that AMA would have come back for us as soon as said extension was done and leveraged that pool quite a lot differently in the mean time to use against us.

So I was very open and honest with Elit about why I wasn't going to extend and the reasons I felt like it was going to be a fairly even war which we might very well lose. And should we lose, I'll be the first to congratulate the victors. It's easy to rant and make snide comments about humility, but I am not a tremendously arrogant man and I certainly don't expect to just easily win every fight. Certainly I lack the long history and specific gravitas of ASF, so of course I am not going to be able to replicate his generally outstanding comments, but that's not really news to anyone.

As far as vulturing goes, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, especially since the amount of time that must pass before something is or isn't vulturing seems to depend very heavily on how much time the kd in question needs to attain a superior position. I think we can all agree that the old 48 hour eowcf period that offered no benefit aside from the reduced gains for hitting into it was wholly insufficient, especially when kds won by a large margin, and that the newer mechanic with warwin bonuses and eowcf bonuses for both winners and losers and the doubled 96 hour time is quite a lot better. Vulturing really cannot exist in the game today is it did before that mechanics change.

I don't think there's a whole lot more to say for the moment, and really nothing anyone says is going to make a dent in Proteus' legendary rhetoric. I've never seen someone chew a bone/kick a dead horse so enthusiastically as he, so I rather expect he'll continue ranting for as long as our paths continue to intersect, and likely long after. Maybe it will do him or someone else some good.

In the end, if we play poorly, then our words can never make up for that.
    If; however, we play well and with character, then we don't need words to speak for us.

Forum Addict
    i still think you're mean for vulturing elit... Elit didnt deserve it! MEANIES.

I kinda liked Drixx post . I think it is a honest one.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    You all had just short of 6 days until cf was over, and I would not be extending the CF, but assumed you would use fort to buy more time. My estimate that you would be in fort going out into the 8th or 9th day seems to have been off by a bit since you exited fort early, but that wasn't my choice, but yours.
    Wait.. you hit them into fortified immediately after CF expires, but you say they could have used it to avoid getting hit? And you are sure that this is why you mentioned 8-9 days prepare time to several AMA members? Interesting. Did the possibility to hit into fortified stance occur to you at a later time? :P

I like to post
    Drixx, i know very well why you jump us now and i agree with you in general. Its true if we get 1 week to prepare after it you cant win vs us. Still i don't like how you jumped on us. I don't see how its fair your kd spend few weeks to pump/store resources/build cows and we are forced to b2b all age. Result from your ally: pew pew and pyro block us till you pump.
    I don't see how its fair match when you had 550 mill and 700k sold, and we had 5-6 days for prepare till our cf expire. I don't like how lame you used your cows for Raze us. Its lame and very stupid play same time.
    Last 2 ages every time when i was in stronger position and you asked me favor i made it and every time when you feel stronger you try to hit me down. Its not how you build good long term relation. I asked you for 2-3 days extra at lest. Why you didn't let us stay in full fort at least?
    You have so many advantages for win this war. Don't need to be this mean and play it max lame. You know situation can change, this or next age and you wont like to get same.
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    Why can't everyone just be like flogger and give 3 free days of prep time out of the kindness of their hearts :p

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    @Drixx

Again you changed your stance on what vulturing is from the time we played together and I will point it out. You are obviously politcal and say what suits you for the situation. That's fine I already said I have vultured people before myself and have been vultured. I expect you to not QQ when we engage you after your wars in the future and dont do you any favors, I hope that is clear because that is the treatment you will get going forward.

Also you quite often have said "it's not vture when you have 8-9 days to prep. I will call you on it again, it's not 8-9 days to prep when you hit into fort immediately when cf expires...its 6 days. When we went fort has no bearing on this because we had full fort protection by the time our cf ends. We had exactly 6 days from when pewpew wd to when your cf expired with us. The only way for there to actually be 8-9 days of prep is if you actually did not hit at all for an additional 2-3 days when cf expired. Again this is ok to do yet you don't need to try and bull**** . You are dealing with people with more experience than you, blowing smoke in anyone's face wont happen.

No one is even blaming you for vulturing, we know you would not be able to win if we had full time to pump in fort without being hit, you obviously dont want to lose and are doing what you can.

In terms how you have played this age I think you have done all you can to block us with your allies while you pumped, using pewpew and pyro to prevent us from exploring and pumping until our cf ran out. That's fine too I've blocked people too back in Abs. I advised elit last age we should have noticed and farmed you instead of letting you fight pewpew but he did you a favor. You also hit our cow into hostile last age and members of your kd tried to spin it saying cows have separate hostiles and that swea is our ally and we hit them to run from your cow (lol). These two people were part of your leadership team. Let's not forget I also talk to people in rage still that I'm on ok terms with and get the scoop, if you want to believe your not vulturing thats cool dude, you obviously are after you sent pewpew to take us out and after they failed you try yourself. Again fine with me but you aren't good enough to trick anyone dude, just remember what goes around comes around and you'll be I'll be advising elit to vulture you and return the favor when the roles are reversed, I hope you dont QQ when the time comes because as you said AMA was in. Better position than your kd last few ages and that is how it's going to be long term man. GL to you.

Post Fiend
    For all intents and purposes RBL's stance is vulturing doesn't exist no matter no matter the circumstances with the 96 hr EOWCF mechanics. I tend to disagree, but it is after all a war game and each kingdom wants to maximize it's chances in winning wars.

On that note with a 550 mil gc advantage+ 700k soldiers, cow advantage and obviously science also, if RBL manages to loose this war I think it will be put very high on the all time list of total failure, plus the long term damaged relations.

From my point of view Drixxx is very dirty and willing to do whatever it takes to win a crown, last ages farm out vs Pew then becoming allies. I know "it was decided after the age" to become allies....yeah right :P.

The old Rage was a lot more honorable and I don't think ASF and company would have allied with Pew although I can't speak for ASf or anyone else in the old Absalom regime. All of Old Rages crowns were well deserved in my books and potentially lost 1-2 to HoH being good allies also.

Regular
    Drixxx is probably one of the most honorable man I know, in this game or in real life. His code of ethics will probably cost him and his kingdom any chance to win any crown, ever.

But trying to say he's faking to be humble or honest is just pure bull****, the guy IS humble and honest. And he also write good posts that changes us from the "you suck blabla"'s post I see from most of the "leaders" in this era of utopia.

Thread Information