Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Game Admins

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    No, it means to be smart and evaluate the situation. When stupid ghettos give buttons, you don't just press it (unless you're looking for an EZ-PZ farm war). You should instantly be suspicious and think about what you could potentially be getting into. Is it worth it to press the button to teach some ghetto a lesson (and get free rewards) on the off-chance you might be getting played?
    You can't really blame a competitive kingdom for wanting easy wars. If they start the age with a long and hard war with minimal gains while the competition gets two easy wars it's basically over for them already.
    Blame the game mechanics or blame the ghetto for farming out. Btw. why is it bad to push the button just to teach a lesson? How else should a ghetto learn what not to do unless they see consequences for stupid actions?

Though possibly this is getting off topic since the issue here seems to be a multi with provs in both kingdoms. Or was it three kingdoms? I probably should reread the thread.

So if someone makes a bad decision make the devs aware and they will reset it. Got it. Will know for next time

Quote Originally Posted by emerix View Post
    Halfway through, an admin comes in with his ban hammer and the next thing we know, we're in a MP about 24 hours short of min time.
    So you got 24 hours of practically free hits on a kingdom before it was stopped? Yes I can see how that's a disadvantage for you.

We have no build credits with which to switch builds, no spec credits with which to train armies and our ritual calc planning has gone out of the window.
    Only 2 of your provinces are under 200NWPA and over half your provinces have more than 225NWPA at this time with still more EOWCF to go. Yes I can see how terribly your pumping has suffered as well.

Why have proposed wars if you think they can be abused? Abolish the whole thing and make waving the only way to get to war again.
    Why have alcohol when people will abuse it? Why have fast food when people will just only eat that and get fat? Why have credit cards when people can steal them and steal money? Why have computers if people can hack then and get your personal information? Do you want every single aspect of your life limited because of the stupidity of a select few? There's enough of "the few ruin it for the many" junk around, let's not INVITE it to happen more, ok? I like the proposed war system as do many others.

But why do we, as the innocent party get punished for what the other kingdom did (which was within the rules of the game in the 1st place)?
    Did your science stop accumulating points? Nope. Did you lose the land that you hit for during the first 24 hours you said the war was still active? Nope. Your kingdom is still pumped and if you are in war builds already, then you are all set to go for another war soon if you wanted. Stepping back, you got 1k acres and lost a small portion of your ritual, doesn't seem that you lost anything that can't be replaced.

Now, can they feel sorry for us and give us 100k honor pls?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    So you got 24 hours of practically free hits on a kingdom before it was stopped? Yes I can see how that's a disadvantage for you.

Only 2 of your provinces are under 200NWPA and over half your provinces have more than 225NWPA at this time with still more EOWCF to go. Yes I can see how terribly your pumping has suffered as well.

Why have alcohol when people will abuse it? Why have fast food when people will just only eat that and get fat? Why have credit cards when people can steal them and steal money? Why have computers if people can hack then and get your personal information? Do you want every single aspect of your life limited because of the stupidity of a select few? There's enough of "the few ruin it for the many" junk around, let's not INVITE it to happen more, ok? I like the proposed war system as do many others.

Did your science stop accumulating points? Nope. Did you lose the land that you hit for during the first 24 hours you said the war was still active? Nope. Your kingdom is still pumped and if you are in war builds already, then you are all set to go for another war soon if you wanted. Stepping back, you got 1k acres and lost a small portion of your ritual, doesn't seem that you lost anything that can't be replaced.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. No.
    What free hits? I know you don't get paid but you should still try to keep up with things, for appearances sake. We already have so much to say about you, after all..

6:4 didn't get any period of 'free hits', as summaries posted in the previous thread show that 1:9 was certainly fighting back. Here, in fact, I will go fetch those for you, since your memory is lacking and we wouldn't want you to belie an image of incompetence, being DavidC's favorite mod and all.

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 149 (5,865 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 128 (5,362 acres)
    -- Ambush: 13 (377 acres)
    -- Conquest: 7 (126 acres)
    -- Failed: 1 (0.7% failure)
    -- Uniques: 125
    Total attacks suffered: 110 (4,151 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 97 (4,008 acres)
    -- Ambush: 5 (143 acres)
    -- Raze: 2 (0 acres)
    -- Massacre: 1 (1,496 population)
    -- Plunder: 1
    -- Abduct: 1
    -- Failed: 3 (2.8% failure)
    -- Uniques: 83

** The kingdom of 6:2 **
    Total land exchanged: +1,714 (149/110)
    +259 Monkey Island (6/0)
    +256 Golden Sun (7/3)
    +232 Balamb (7/1)
    +205 Final Fantasy XI (5/0)
    +186 Little Nemo (6/0)
    +184 Fire Emblem Heroes (6/1)
    +184 Leisure Suit Larry (7/2)
    +170 Burning of Faerun (5/1)
    +162 CONTRA (7/3)
    +158 Might and Magic (6/0)
    +150 Mortal Kombat 3 (6/3)
    +137 Donkey Kong (6/2)
    +97 Final Fantasy 7 (5/0)
    +63 Jaina Proudmoore (7/1)
    +50 Simon the Sorcerer (3/0)
    +46 Khaz Modan (6/8)
    +22 Fallout (8/6)
    -28 Super Mario RPG (5/4)
    -88 The Legend Of Zelda (8/9)
    -141 Metal Gear Solid (7/9)
    -163 Tomb Raider (11/25)
    -182 Seven Kingdoms (6/11)
    -245 Freelancer (9/21)

** The kingdom of 1:9 **
    Total land exchanged: -1,714 (110/149)
    +378 An unknown province (8/0)
    +103 Bohica (7/7)
    +53 Slice N dice3 (4/1)
    -8 Melnibone (4/6)
    -12 beauregard the beholder (11/12)
    -44 Xei (2/4)
    -56 fairy tail (2/2)
    -58 Master Toto (7/4)
    -59 NiHaoMa (8/9)
    -89 Schweddy Balls (5/8)
    -98 Nidogg (4/3)
    -109 Death Valley (8/12)
    -123 Tonka Toy Tinker Town (7/8)
    -125 Iron_forge (1/4)
    -129 Board of Directors (0/2)
    -131 SpaceShooter (5/5)
    -137 BamBamm (2/7)
    -156 Lochmar (8/17)
    -190 PopPyy (10/11)
    -200 Orcs of the frost wolf clan (2/8)
    -231 Success (1/6)
    -293 FlappyDoom (4/13)
    The rest of your post comes off as overtly (and overly) petty, considering your position as a mod.
    Last edited by Pillz; 21-11-2017 at 18:25.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    This is probably why the forum isn't the right place to debate specific issues with specific KDs. If I've understood the thread correctly (and maybe I haven't), both KDs fought as normal, but the smaller KD whose "rogue" monarch proposed the war didn't want the war and (felt they) weren't ready. I'm not sure which KD is which so I can't tell which one ended up on land gains and I don't know whether 1,700 acres is material at whatever size they are.

It seems to me there are 2 issues.

1. Whether the KD who accepted the war proposal has actually benefited or lost out, and how if at all that should be addressed.
    2. The wider principle of whether a KD who accepts a war proposal believing it to be legitimate but which is later found to not be legitimate is at fault for doing so.

I have no real interest in getting involved in 1. It is between the Devs and the KDs involved.

But on 2, I find the suggestion that they "should have known" that it was "too good to be true" a difficult one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    This is probably why the forum isn't the right place to debate specific issues with specific KDs. If I've understood the thread correctly (and maybe I haven't), both KDs fought as normal, but the smaller KD whose "rogue" monarch proposed the war didn't want the war and (felt they) weren't ready. I'm not sure which KD is which so I can't tell which one ended up on land gains and I don't know whether 1,700 acres is material at whatever size they are.

It seems to me there are 2 issues.

1. Whether the KD who accepted the war proposal has actually benefited or lost out, and how if at all that should be addressed.
    2. The wider principle of whether a KD who accepts a war proposal believing it to be legitimate but which is later found to not be legitimate is at fault for doing so.

I have no real interest in getting involved in 1. It is between the Devs and the KDs involved.

But on 2, I find the suggestion that they "should have known" that it was "too good to be true" a difficult one.
    Youre missing the whole point of this. Which is not the war proposal.

The monarch of 1:9 asked diamonds (monarch of 6:4) if he'd kill off provs for him after war, and promised to give diamonds the war win.

Now, this has been taken to mean it was a fake war because the end result was 'predetermined '.

Diamonds kd is now crying that it's no fair they didn't get building credits...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Youre missing the whole point of this. Which is not the war proposal.
    Yeah, I probably am. That's why I'm trying to stay out of an individual situation which I don't know the full details of.

This is what I was referencing in my point 2 (quote from this thread):

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    With the introduction of War Proposals in their current form, what happened to your KD is an unfortunate result that is similar to the above outlined scenario. Your KD had no knowledge of what was going on inside the opponent KD, all you knew was you had a war declaration button and the chance to farm easy acres and honor with effectively zero risk.
    Should your KD have received deletions? suspensions? removal of acres? pushed directly out of war & full KD suspensions? These are all potential consequences of fake wars. We saw fit that your KD had done no wrong and should not be punished under historical standards yet we could not allow the war to continue. Your KD has lost out on some time, your plans have been changed however you did make that decision. You actively made the decision alter your existing course of action to reap the potential free rewards of the farm war that had been presented to you. As others have mentioned, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Had you NOT declared on this KD, another KD likely would have and that other KD would be in this position and not you.
    If the point that comes from that is just "don't pre-determine the war outcome" then I have no issues. But I thought DavidC's post was saying that they have done nothing beyond accepting a war proposal from a KD that wasn't worthy of the fight, but that in only doing that the accepting KD was culpable.
    Last edited by Chris121; 21-11-2017 at 19:25. Reason: Edited to add last paragraph

Crying for no reason. While I agree that this is a tricky situation, your kd really didn't suffer except the time wasted in eowcf
    w00f, first ya tell 6:4 to stop crying, then ya tell SASSY she is a bad mod. She said free hits... 125 uniqs to 85 uniqs is a fair amount of "free hits" 40 .. Maybe the correct wording is "exra hits" Also if they kept the 1700 acres they did pretty swell.
    Plus whats the time frame as its not listed? I speculate 3 days as one guys has 8 uniqs. Poor piddlin Pills cant post without condescending remarks. To both sides.
    FlipFlop

Pills:The monarch of 1:9 asked diamonds (monarch of 6:4) if he'd kill off provs for him after war, and promised to give diamonds the war win. What choice did he have 1700 acres?
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    w00f, first ya tell 6:4 to stop crying, then ya tell SASSY she is a bad mod. She said free hits... 125 uniqs to 85 uniqs is a fair amount of "free hits" 40 .. Maybe the correct wording is "exra hits" Also if they kept the 1700 acres they did pretty swell.
    Plus whats the time frame as its not listed? I speculate 3 days as one guys has 8 uniqs. Poor piddlin Pills cant post without condescending remarks. To both sides.
    FlipFlop

Pills:The monarch of 1:9 asked diamonds (monarch of 6:4) if he'd kill off provs for him after war, and promised to give diamonds the war win. What choice did he have 1700 acres?
    Pretty sure it's been stated that war only lasted 24 hours. You want to nit pick the tone of my posts, but I'm dealing with the likes of you who can't even read a ****ing formatted summary??

Are you sure you want to post in these forums? Formatting of paper summaries has been consistent for over a decade and you can't read it properly? No uniques are listed in the posted summary.

Also Roflmao @ 'extra' or 'free' hits because one side out hit the other. That's not how wars work.

Learn to play, or think more before you post.

Nobody got free acres, it was a war waged from both sides with equal effort according to their capabilities.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    If being a big idiot means never being actioned in the entire 15+ years I've been playing by following those tips, then I'll happily accept that title.

Then play it safe and war someone in your range since you can win ANY war with them.

No, it means to be smart and evaluate the situation. When stupid ghettos give buttons, you don't just press it (unless you're looking for an EZ-PZ farm war). You should instantly be suspicious and think about what you could potentially be getting into. Is it worth it to press the button to teach some ghetto a lesson (and get free rewards) on the off-chance you might be getting played?

No need to answer that question, btw, as I'm sure your current situation has already taught you the answer. In short, THINK before you ACT.
    We fought in range. Heck a few ages ago we crowned warring up. If a dumb ghetto waves you oop u push button. If you have an off age and get button mid age you press button. Csnt just war the same two kds over and over just cuz ppl suck.

I'm dealing with the likes of you who can't even read a formatted summary??
    No uniques are listed in the posted summary.
    You only show your own ignorance.
    ** Summary **
    ******-- Uniques: 125***
    ******-- Uniques: 83***
    Last edited by sl0hnd; 21-11-2017 at 20:48. Reason: poor pills cant read.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sl0hnd View Post
    You only show your own ignorance.
    ** Summary **
    ******-- Uniques: 125***
    ******-- Uniques: 83***
    You claimed one province had 8 uniques.

Uniques are not listed.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    To be honest, the most glaring thing I get from the majority of this thread is the lack of mutual respect among the playerbase. Online gaming grants a level of anonymity, and I feel while some enjoy it, others abuse it to act and regard each other in ways we wouldn't fathom face to face.
    As kids playing in minor sports leagues, you learn to respect your opponent, it starts with shaking hands after a match, and saying "good game"; sticks with you for life. Granted, in the heat of a match, tempers can flare, but no one brings it off the field or ice afterwards.

Maybe we should all take a page from that; this incessant flinging of insults and saying, "this stupid ghetto" or "that stupid player" doesn't really produce anything besides negative vibes and basically disregards anything the poster said on the subject before or after they started insulting.

This might be a factor is regards to the cheating and bad play too.

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Cheers sl0hnd
    Last edited by Sassy_Wolfie; 21-11-2017 at 21:19.

Also, can everyone stop referencing the war summary that Pillz posted? He screwed up and posted the 1:9 war with 6:2, not the 24-hour one with 6:4.

Thread Information