Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Live Twitch Broadcast - June 1, 2017 - Comments

How are you going to make Utopia great again?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Deana View Post
    I really like what you are doing with the game and its great to see how inspired you seem (had to say something nice to counter the rest) However, I hace concerns about how accessible y'all are. Mehul was like some Utopia god that seemed to ignore us and make changes that we just had to deal with. He didn't come down and hang out with us mortals. Look at what happened to Jesus...

Another concern I have is censorship. Be careful with it please. Understandably people at work dont want to have banners of naked women performing fellatio (sorry about that) popping up. But renaming every province name that might offend every prudish, sjw, tree hugger out there to a Disney character concerns me. Ok, maybe no one needs to know that Devolution doesn't particularly enjoy participating in lesbian activities but does that make the word lesbian taboo enough to need changing to a disney movie? I just tried to watch Rogue One last night and was far more offended than I would have been seeing tbe word lesbian.

Also, still nothing to let game skimmers know the game resets everything every 3 months.
    +1 cause you mentioned the devo theme!

Add a mute button of sorts when people complain to much. Then again, most of the server would be silenced.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

I wonder if it's out of the question to have a throwback age? Like randomly select an historical age and use the mechanics of said age. I know alot of folks miss dark elf so it could help there. If gen server is being considered then this could be the perfect platform.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Is there a transcript? Or a (audio) recording?
    PEW PEW PEW!

Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    I wonder if it's out of the question to have a throwback age? Like randomly select an historical age and use the mechanics of said age. I know alot of folks miss dark elf so it could help there. If gen server is being considered then this could be the perfect platform.
    I think that would be a whole lot of work because I doubt anybody went and saved the game state of every age.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I think that would be a whole lot of work because I doubt anybody went and saved the game state of every age.
    We actually have the historic code from every age since S&B took over in a versioning system, so reverting to any of them would be 'fairly' easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    We actually have the historic code from every age since S&B took over in a versioning system, so reverting to any of them would be 'fairly' easy.
    Interesting to know :)
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    Is there a transcript? Or a (audio) recording?
    There will be, yes. I will be uploading the broadcast to YouTube at some point tomorrow evening - expect it approx. 24h from now.

In the meantime there's this but it will eventually disappear: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148777041?t=9m20s
    Last edited by JoRoSaR; 01-06-2017 at 22:48. Reason: Adding Twitch URL
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Thanks!
    PEW PEW PEW!

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob

Administrator
    1) The test server was never exclusive to 'established' players. It was exclusive to MUGA to test code changes so we could be confident in applying code changes to the live server. Once we needed testing of mechanics which required more than 3 accounts running, we began to invite people that we knew to be adept at finding bugs/problems with the changes we had made. As requirements broadened we opened more channels to begin inviting other people, all along the requirement remains that anyone who wishes to join the testing must join the Slack group; not because we want it limited to a private group, but because the test environment is not stable and very easily can become dangerous and harmful to any testers LIVE server account. In order to minimize the damage that could be done to live accounts we have purposely kept the test environment in it's current state not publicly advertised on the forums for the entire server to join freely.
    2) The test environment information was purposely not communicated to the entire server for the reasons mentioned above.
    3) I don't quite understand the point at all about how someone doesn't feel taken seriously. There is an entire forum dedicated to suggestions that all the developers read. Are you looking for a personalized note to every suggestion that explains our thoughts regarding it? Or a blanket statement anytime a suggestion is read so that everyone now feels like they're just seeing automated replies?

As for people feeling like they aren't involved in the decision making process, there's only 4 people involved in the decision making process. That's how it is, that's how it will remain. Again, there is a forum dedicated to conveying ideas and suggestions which are taken into account during the decision making process. The only people other than the developers who influenced this ages changes directly was the Guide team. In my announcement post, if you read it, I stated that contributors would have the possibility of influencing age changes, and they did, as was also mentioned in the Proposed Changes post for Age 72.

Bart - Do not attempt to mislead the public by stating inaccurate details to initiate public outcry, I will not tolerate this and I will not debate this
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Did anyone mention that DavidC eats puppies and dislikes cat videos on you tube?

/me waits for the public outcry
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Regular
    I'm a little over an hour (near the end of the "New Features" section) into the YouTube video (I hadn't really considered being there during the livestream, and I went to bed very early last night) and I really like it. The dedication is obvious. Parts seems a little stilted (delays between questions being asked, an irrelevant lack of jokes) but the unmissable trend is how much you all care about and work towards the game. I'm impressed, and it's very nice to see a human aspect to the people who develop and run the game. I'd not seen that before. I also think the host is excellent and engaging. There are virtually no instances of any video I'd be interested in watching that lasted for over 2 hours, and this may have accomplished that feat. Perhaps it represents my enjoyment of this game, but there's definitely credit due for the content of the conversation and the dedication all four of you (and indirectly, countless others) put towards this game.

It's annoying that Bishop is from the west of Ireland. I was convinced I was the only Irishperson still left.
    And I've always pronounced Mehul as Mee-hull.

Thank you for this, and thank you for all your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Calya View Post
    I'm a little over an hour (near the end of the "New Features" section) into the YouTube video (I hadn't really considered being there during the livestream, and I went to bed very early last night) and I really like it. The dedication is obvious. Parts seems a little stilted (delays between questions being asked, an irrelevant lack of jokes) but the unmissable trend is how much you all care about and work towards the game. I'm impressed, and it's very nice to see a human aspect to the people who develop and run the game. I'd not seen that before. I also think the host is excellent and engaging. There are virtually no instances of any video I'd be interested in watching that lasted for over 2 hours, and this may have accomplished that feat. Perhaps it represents my enjoyment of this game, but there's definitely credit due for the content of the conversation and the dedication all four of you (and indirectly, countless others) put towards this game.

It's annoying that Bishop is from the west of Ireland. I was convinced I was the only Irishperson still left.
    And I've always pronounced Mehul as Mee-hull.

Thank you for this, and thank you for all your work.
    <3 <3 <3

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob

Thread Information