Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast Blood VS Emeriti

Enthusiast
    We can start razing each other OOP yr0 in 72hrs time. I hope you won't be begging me for a CF as hard as you begged for a charity crown.

Cya in 72hrs
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by astron View Post
    We can start razing each other OOP yr0 in 72hrs time. I hope you won't be begging me for a CF as hard as you begged for a charity crown.

Cya in 72hrs
    You're still probably sore that time when you helped our war target Pi, dodge us and rearranged cf with them and I immediately told you , "asstron I'm going to knock you the F out of the crown race" and a few days later you ended up farmed and those words came true and us crowning with your acres.

You got farmed and should have WD (at least that's what normal kingdoms do) but you decided to block and shape charts instead due to being butthurt. When normal kds lose 37k acres and 5m+ NW in war they WD lol.

I don't care about what you wanna do, you're irrelevant and without flogger your kd is an over grown ghetto that has given us 3 B2B2B crowns. So what are your actual achievements?

I don't care if you try to block next age, it's just going to hurt you more since we have crowns and you don't. I actually have more crowns than your entire LS team put together without even counting the crowns of jdorje, Binar, and rest of our player base that don't overlap with mine. Bring it baby, will be waiting to farm you again. Gonna be funny when next age we farm you earlier in the round and you decide not to WD and war non-stop again. I'm looking forward to having the time to drop you to 50% of our NW.
    Last edited by Proteus; 20-05-2017 at 20:49.

Post Fiend
    What I find amusing is that people from BB have only self-defeating arguments to make for themselves. Any claim that relies on "if there had been X time (where X = enough to war to a conclusion) coupled with "we would have done Y differently" automatically explicitly admits/acknowledges the following:

It explicitly acknowledges that BB was not playing the war the way they would if they wanted to win (or else they would have simply done "Y" regardless of amount of time left) but instead were playing in such a way to guarantee an excuse not to withdraw. All of those arguments by various BB players in this thread are explicit acknowledgements that they played this war in order to prevent Emeriti crowning again, and had at no time any other agenda. Despite them saying they would withdraw if it was a clear win, they never had any intention of withdrawing ever. With 36 hours to go in the age, the kdeconwar numbers were staggeringly in favor of Emeriti. Huge runaway peasant growth, tons of income, and the core war was thoroughly and exhaustively won. On top of that, only a seriously tired player forgetting to set CQ stopped Bitter (who was on no peasants or income and nearly half his land fallow, constantly losing NW from MS and other ops) from losing a huge chunk of land, just to show that even within the small amount of time available, Emeriti was able to reach up and begin to tackle him. Even with the mistake, it would not have taken more than a few days from that point to completely tackle Bitter Sweet down. Emeriti thoroughly trounced BB in every objective measure. And so BB is forced to say "If there had been more time, we would have done Y which would have won", which then raises the question: "If you know/knew what to do to win, why did you do something else?", and the answer to that is obvious.

Basically TL:DR: Winners focus on winning. Emeriti played the war to win. Losers focus on winners. BB played the war in order to have an excuse not to withdraw because they were and remain losers focused on winners. I found it particularly amusing that they were doing ops on Emeriti Prince/Princess ranks to stop Emeriti from ending with like 15+ Princes.

P.S. - Someone said some pages back that no top kd had ever withdrawn from conflict because it was the right thing to do. That person should check my created topics for a topic in late November 2013. I cannot think of any other times it happened, but it has actually happened at least the one time.

You'd be surprised then, pretty sure BB had been more focused on Spartans in their group chat than Emeriti, then again, maybe that's their way of comforting themselves because hey: "They've never crowned!"
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Fiend
    The point is that BB wasn't playing to win, and has repeatedly admitted such when they make an appeal to "if we had more time, we would have done Y and won" as some kind of excuse for why they were completely trounced and refused to withdraw.

I can respect someone who honestly says "I'm tired of losing to Emeriti. I'm tired of them winning every age. I have the power to prevent them winning this one, and that's what I'm doing." -- There's no rule that says you can't do that. It's all the schadenfreude that is amusing/sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    ..... but you decided to block and shape charts instead due to being butthurt.
    OK, I can see that you can't restrain your angst. However, can you at least back off on that. Block? Maybe if you somehow believe that we were in collusion with Barcoloco. Chart shape? If we were shaping (by your own argument) we were shaping FOR you as we were generating so many yummy acres for you.

I know it is hard for you to be logically consistent when you are super angsty (it is for most people), but try.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    The point is that BB wasn't playing to win, and has repeatedly admitted such when they make an appeal to "if we had more time, we would have done Y and won" as some kind of excuse for why they were completely trounced and refused to withdraw.

I can respect someone who honestly says "I'm tired of losing to Emeriti. I'm tired of them winning every age. I have the power to prevent them winning this one, and that's what I'm doing." -- There's no rule that says you can't do that. It's all the schadenfreude that is amusing/sad.
    BB was definitively playing to win at the start of it, heck even at the end, anything else is their ego/pride talking.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    What I find amusing is that people from BB have only self-defeating arguments to make for themselves. Any claim that relies on "if there had been X time (where X = enough to war to a conclusion) coupled with "we would have done Y differently" automatically explicitly admits/acknowledges the following:
    Now you need to go there? Fine, lets go there...

It explicitly acknowledges that BB was not playing the war the way they would if they wanted to win (or else they would have simply done "Y" regardless of amount of time left) but instead were playing in such a way to guarantee an excuse not to withdraw.
    This is such an assumption and fallacy laden argument as to be laughable. As already explained, BB too a different tactic because it was the only potentially winning gambit within the allotted time constraint. You all countered well enough that it was not going to work as easily as had been hoped, but to say we did that with the specific intent to drag the war is simply silliness incarnate.

All of those arguments by various BB players in this thread are explicit acknowledgements that they played this war in order to prevent Emeriti crowning again, and had at no time any other agenda.
    This is simply a flat out lie.

Despite them saying they would withdraw if it was a clear win, they never had any intention of withdrawing ever.
    Again, assumptions, facts not in evidence, conclusory statements, etc etc. Learn how to argue.

You were not in a position to win.

With 36 hours to go in the age, the kdeconwar numbers were staggeringly in favor of Emeriti. Huge runaway peasant growth, tons of income, and the core war was thoroughly and exhaustively won. On top of that, only a seriously tired player forgetting to set CQ stopped Bitter (who was on no peasants or income and nearly half his land fallow, constantly losing NW from MS and other ops) from losing a huge chunk of land, just to show that even within the small amount of time available, Emeriti was able to reach up and begin to tackle him. Even with the mistake, it would not have taken more than a few days from that point to completely tackle Bitter Sweet down.
    Facts not in evidence. Speculative and with as much support as the proposition that we were on the verge of ruining you. Neither is very likely.

Emeriti thoroughly trounced BB in every objective measure. And so BB is forced to say "If there had been more time, we would have done Y which would have won", which then raises the question: "If you know/knew what to do to win, why did you do something else?", and the answer to that is obvious.
    Yes, the answer is obvious. Asked an answered.

Basically TL:DR: Winners focus on winning. Emeriti played the war to win. Losers focus on winners. BB played the war in order to have an excuse not to withdraw because they were and remain losers focused on winners. I found it particularly amusing that they were doing ops on Emeriti Prince/Princess ranks to stop Emeriti from ending with like 15+ Princes.
    Or perhaps they were opping those princes because each honor rank was roughly 60K offense? Nah.....

P.S. - Someone said some pages back that no top kd had ever withdrawn from conflict because it was the right thing to do. That person should check my created topics for a topic in late November 2013. I cannot think of any other times it happened, but it has actually happened at least the one time.
    No, that person stated no one has withdrawn from conflict when they were up with a large cow because it was "the right thing to do" which is being misconstrued and misrepresented by you and your entirely assumption laden, straw-man laden, and fact deficient post.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    BB was definitively playing to win at the start of it, heck even at the end, anything else is their ego/pride talking.
    There was a point perhaps 72 hours in where a combination of clever play by BB and a few mistakes by Emeriti could have resulted in BB winning the war. After that passed, it was steadily worse and worse for BB, and by 36 hours before EoA it was pretty clear they could not win the war. I do not believe anyone can honestly say they were playing to win anything in the end. Once it was clear they wouldn't win the war (and with said win, the age), they simply stalled and used having a big prov as an excuse to say Emeriti didn't win, but even that was all but demolished as an excuse by EoA.

Yeah, I don't know why I said at the end, more like the middle :P

I don't blame them for denying you the crown at the end. It's this faking that they actually planned this outcome in any way that's laughable. Neither of you wanted this initially.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I don't blame them for denying you the crown at the end. It's this faking that they actually planned this outcome in any way that's laughable. Neither of you wanted this initially.
    Please quote for me where someone from BB said this was the intended outcome.

Post Fiend
    I think that BB entered the conflict certainly with a chance to win. But that chance was certainly completely gone well before EoA. At that point, they simply made excuses and moved the goal posts for what it meant to "win" or "lose" the conflict. Once it was clear to them they could not win, I do not believe they ever had any intent other than to stay in the conflict until EoA in order to spite Emeriti. Given that Barco made the big jump right around the time BB's last real chance to turn around the war passed, it was clear that either Barco would win everything, or BB would withdraw and Emeriti would. I do not believe there is anything that would have gotten BB to withdraw.

And I'm simply calling them out to be honest and say so. I wouldn't even be bothered by that. **** ... as much as Proteus mocks people and stirs **** up trolling them, I might even suggest that wanting to stop Emeriti winning a 5th consecutive crown when no other goal was in reach wouldn't be necessarily a terrible thing to admit to. The idea of "If we can't have it, neither can you" is as old as time. Pretending that anything else was going on for the last few days of the age is just pure naivete.

Both sides had to change tactics due to the time constraints of eoa being right around the corner. It's unfortunate that it was so, but it is what it is. Hostile may have dragged longer, more mass might have been used by BB, etc. Whether people want to admit it or not, the timing of the fight drastically affected tactics... For both sides. And I don't see either side withdrawing while down and giving the other side anything. They're all hardcore competitors and yeah they all have pride. It's part of what makes them the best 2 kds in the game. No one anticipated such a short age or things would have been set up differently cf wise. I really would have loved to see them have 3-4 weeks to duke it out.

Not going through this thread, no way.

I was under the impression BB stance was: "We would have massacred if we went for the win.", YOU DID GO for the win, at least initially...

I agree with you though Sheister, loads of strawing going on here.

The difference between having time to back to back or not completely changed tactics. As did the lack of ability to even go hostile again (forced 72h cf period). Plus war win bonus stuff. This is simple mechanics stuff Matija. All forcing a change in tactics to make sure Emeriti couldn't wd up in land with no time to get it back. Whether or not Emeriti would withdraw up or not is another argument altogether. But saying it didn't affect how things were done, is just flat out ignorance. But I should not be surprised about that should I considering your feelings towards BB of late.

Thread Information