Thread: Fix Your Game

Fix Your Game

What have you done?
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Forum Addict
    Whats wrong?

Can we narrow it down to what isn't wrong? :D
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    What's mostly wrong is that all tanky races have gotten significant buffs, opping has been made easier and barrier ritual has been introduced.

We're currently in a week-long war and tbf it could go on until EOA with still no winner.

The Great Sparta cant even win a war these days? Cant be the greatest kd in Utopia anymore..

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The Great Sparta cant even win a war these days? Cant be the greatest kd in Utopia anymore..
    I'm not in Sparta. It's just a ghetto war so sure coordination isn't superb. Still, with everyone going TM-heavy (because if you don't ur screwed) it just ends up being a very very slow opping war.

Divinity waved the Jesters/Spartans (the bigger KD) from a 1.8 milion NW advantage - we are not even in declare range at the moment, really close to it, honestly I can see us dragging it to EoA without them ever reaching the 50% NW threshold needed for an auto-win. I'd say that's a problem.

Post Demon
    forced wins have always been hard on even ground, if you decide to drag on a lost war for an entire age because the opponents can't force a win, maybe it is your decission not the game mechanics that is wrong.

If no side is getting the better of the other talk and you'll find that the 3rd option for MP might be apealing to both sides. Of course if you can't talk with the opponents, or if everyones pride has made MP an unthinkable option because both would considder that a loss and no one want to give up the WW bonus then that is not a solution, but the mechanics for this is still in place and back in the days it was used a lot.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Divinity waved the Jesters/Spartans (the bigger KD) from a 1.8 milion NW advantage - we are not even in declare range at the moment, really close to it, honestly I can see us dragging it to EoA without them ever reaching the 50% NW threshold needed for an auto-win. I'd say that's a problem.
    Cool story bro. It looks to me like Divinity is farming you and their 50% of you would frankly be inevitable....if you ever retaled. So instead they're just farming you OOW? Good work, I suppose -- it is highly likely to ultimately wind up in the same place. Made 2 hits and eaten 61 TMs for 5.3k + 8 razes for another 400a on top in the last 48h. It's not clear, are you arguing that your strategy is different than say, some of the old 25 faery kingdoms (think Palem's TFC) that just trained elites and LL retaled, and then got farmed by Simians because they didn't hit/couldn't back? Perhaps it's just different because you're running dwarf instead of faery?

(p.s. @Bart current stats show no real difference in average war duration, and the long wars all look the same as usual -- lots of high offense attackers on both sides that are either chained or shelled, and a few t/ms that have started to grow and gain NW. FS style wars have always been long, the current buff to hybrids actually makes the massive t/m stack less necessary not more. If you want shorter wars, I suggest you run lots of attackers instead of lots of t/ms.)

e: oh, and since the game isn't broken, and this seems like some weird cross between an attempt at a suggestion and a bug report, I'm closing the thread. If you want to discuss war strategy for ending them more quickly, I'd suggest the strategy forum. If it's one of the first two, I'd suggest those forums, respectively. If you just want to complain about your inability to end conflicts, I'd suggest a more appropriately titled thread.
    Last edited by JeffT; 04-06-2017 at 11:56.

Thread Information