Thread: Starving province

Starving province

what exactly are the full effects of starving? and is it worth it to starve enemy provinces
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

From wiki:
    If a province has zero food, it will enter into a state of starvation. While a province is starving, its population (peasants, military units and thieves) will die off at a rate proportional to the food deficit. Wizards are not affected. This rate is capped at 5% and will continue until the province has a value for food greater than 0.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Food

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Basically it acts like overpopulation, but with food.

ok, thanks.

does it also stack with over population?
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    ok, thanks.

does it also stack with over population?
    I'm not sure but you wouldn't want that. overpop doesn't affect troops out so def and thieves are lost at a very high rate but starvation kills troops out too so there'd be less overpop to lose troops. It would probably be a bit counter productive as the effects would reduce each others' effectiveness.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Addict
    Pretty sure starvation only affects troops home. Big thing not in there, if you starve then the following tick you can not send out, same as if you can't pay wages. This is not the case for overpop.

Enthusiast
    The problem with trying to starve some one out is that is very easy for an active provinces to request food aid or steal some bushels before he suffers any losses from your attempts at starvation. If you could put enough stress on an entire kingdoms food production it may be possible to cause some pretty decent starvation but again your running the risk that they will just steal your food and then all your effort is again wasted.

Thread Information