Thread: Anyone interested in an RP kingdom? I have some ideas...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would play but I'm interested mostly in cyberpunk and sci-fi themes.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by ALittleLessConversation View Post
    I would play but I'm interested mostly in cyberpunk and sci-fi themes.
    Can you clarify cyberpunk? I'm aware of steampunk but I'm from the before time. As you age you generally stick to what you know, like music. I guess I could look it up, but I'd still like to hear your impression.

We played Gamma World and Traveler. Traveler was a more cerebral game that some of the older guys knew. I didn't get to play it enough to see how everything worked. We played:
    D&D, AD&D, 2 and 4th edition
    Gamma World
    Champions
    Golden Heroes
    Top Secret
    Bushido
    Traveler
    Palladium
    Call of Cthulhu
    Stormbringer
    Freds World(a friend of mine made this)
    - and more.
    Everything we did was dice, paper&pencil with lead figures on table maps for years till D&D 4th came out. Since some of the guys were out of town we used skype and put the map on my friends big screen tv. Good system, but I missed the lead figures. We have a steady group of the same 9 guys for over 30 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I learned english from movie subtitles so you have to understand that I can play along but Im not a very litterate person.

Cyberpunk is the best genre there is unfortunately widely forgotten. Some books from Gibson, Williams, Dick and even Heinlein are cyberpunk. Elements of movies like Blade Runner and Matrix with few low budget ones. Comics like Blame! and Noise.

There is a game 'Cyberpunk 2077' that I never played nor intend to.

Basicaly cyberpunk is set in near future or present day and involves brain connected to computer, artifical intelligence, impants, stimulants, drougs, sex, search for freedom, fight against oppresion and is more soul genre than mehanical/matter. Usually revolves around individuals in low hierarchy scheme and those in control.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=cyberpunk
    Last edited by ALittleLessConversation; 26-07-2014 at 20:24.

Thread Information