Thread: Vote Recount (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Totally agree with you on that. But you need to go after the guys doing the hiring of illegals. I mean REALLY crack down on these guys. In landscape and construction many employers even pay legals under the table. Make the punnishment harsh enough to make it not worth the risk.The jobs they get through these guys is what keeps them coming back. Your fighting a losing battle going after the illegals themselves as they will just keep coming.
    Of course the downside is the increased costs of labor will be passed on to us in the price tag.

Increase in cost of labor being passed down is a moot point. If more legal persons are hired (permit carrying immigrants or citizens both) then pay will increase across the board. Wage stagnation will end. We can then afford an increase in items. I would much rather pay 15.00 extra for a phone knowing is was made here in the USA...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon2000 View Post
    Increase in cost of labor being passed down is a moot point. If more legal persons are hired (permit carrying immigrants or citizens both) then pay will increase across the board. Wage stagnation will end. We can then afford an increase in items. I would much rather pay 15.00 extra for a phone knowing is was made here in the USA...
    My guess is $15 would be a huge under estimate. Wage stagnation isn't just in jobs sectors illegals work in... I agree it's a part, but a small part. Large monolithic corporations who do not hire illegals are the mass purveyor. You know, the guys getting the huge Trump tax break.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 05:57.

Thread Information