Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Am I an asshole???

I understand why Madchess and Strat0 kicks off so well, neither wants to be dedicated team players and just do their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    When octobrev is taking your side you know its time to look at your life choices closely :p

Btw octo, hit up David if you haven't already, he had some ideas he wanted to run by you
    Are any of them good ideas or is he just trying to trigger me again? :(
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Zulu: As per my signature, please direct any comments, queries or complaints regarding mod activity either to me in PM or to the Game Administration. Comments in the thread will be removed.

Octo: Not sure. Hopefully some good stuff this time :)

Strat0castle: "Respect, fear and resentment are different things. " - True. Respect does start with how you treat your opponent though, and right off the bat he began his relations with Persian on the wrong foot by talking down to him and saying he "expected" the cf to be accepted straight away. He then went on to mislead him, which shows further disrespect for his opponent.
    Last edited by Allanon; 15-12-2017 at 02:29.
    "The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Please make any complaints or requests regarding moderation to myself directly or a member of the Game Administration staff. Complaints in threads will be purged as per forum policy

You have to be ruthlessly brutal in this game toward everybody or they'll sense weakness and endeavor to take advantage of you. Ain't no friends in 'topia.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
    Zulu: As per my signature, please direct any comments, queries or complaints regarding mod activity either to me in PM or to the Game Administration. Comments in the thread will be removed.

Octo: Not sure. Hopefully some good stuff this time :)

Strat0castle: "Respect, fear and resentment are different things. " - True. Respect does start with how you treat your opponent though, and right off the bat he began his relations with Persian on the wrong foot by talking down to him and saying he "expected" the cf to be accepted straight away. He then went on to mislead him, which shows further disrespect for his opponent.
    Sorry to nitpick, where was the misleading? We said we would offer a cf, they said they would accept it when it was offered and they were online, when we offered it they eventually accepted it when they were actually online (not just showing as online which was a prime reason for the razes and the harshly worded messages from me to Persians kingdom management)

So you want to pull apart the first message sent, sure it was gruff and straight to the point, kinda like how I am in real life, so that is something less likely to change... The follow up messages and razes after I honestly felt they were basically waiting for armies to get home to hit again were to give a reinforced incentive NOT to take that course of action...

What i am surprised with right now Allanon is that I have actually asked you as the Utopia Talk Moderator to close this thread as the original question I asked has been answered and I am indeed apparently an asshole in this particular situation and yet the thread remains open... Oh well... I guess it adds spice to an otherwise dull forum... and for clarification I am not complaining you have not closed the thread, nor am I complaining about your abilities as a moderator, its just a surprise and an observation from my side of things... Most other game forums I use, mods close the threads on request from the OP.

Thread Information