Thread: Orc/Warrior vs. Orc/Tactician

Orc/Warrior vs. Orc/Tactician

Pretty much the same thing as the UD/War vs. UD/Tac Thread.

Can someone lay out a decent Building Strategy for both of these in a Pure Warring Kingdom.
    Also, give the recommended WPA, TPA, DefSpecs/Acre, EPA and/or OffSpecs/Acre.
    As far as Science, maybe a recommended BPA spread if I have 1000 BPA.
    Again, thanks in advance.

Strategy Moderator
    i'd see the same thread as ud. same comments from me at least, only thing is i'd balance magic/crime science, add in more hospitals pulled from homes

Forum Fanatic
    Orc/Warrior is the ultimate glass cannon. It will do big damage to start but landfatness will creep in, and the warrior bonus doesn't kick in until someone pushes the button.
    If you play Orc/Warrior you might as well abandon any pretense of ops defense and just hit like a truck until you drop dead (which will be quickly).

Orcs are the best in its role[HA] in every KD, doing the dirty work.

Break defences, gets chained.

For your question, i prefer the warrior pers because of the +1 general bonus.
    Last edited by xandreix; 15-12-2013 at 03:28.

Forum Fanatic
    I would wager that orc tactician, avian tactician, avian warrior are all better options.
    +1 generals is nice but it is very rare for a warrior to use all 5 hits on useful targets. If those hits are leeching sidetap acres it just adds to orc's bloat problems.

how is +1 general not the second best bonus a heavy attacker can have? (+ gains being the most) You got more incoming acres, thus you release less when ur chained. Anybody that tells you otherwise is just plain dumb. If your gonna argue avian tactician gets landfat less quickly that an orc/warrior ill laugh my way to the bank.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    how is +1 general not the second best bonus a heavy attacker can have? (+ gains being the most) You got more incoming acres, thus you release less when ur chained. Anybody that tells you otherwise is just plain dumb. If your gonna argue avian tactician gets landfat less quickly that an orc/warrior ill laugh my way to the bank.
    +1 general gives more incoming land than +gains if you can 5 tap ;)

Forum Fanatic
    Tacts can do the wonderful thing of not doing landgrabs so they don't fall into bloat traps. Warriors not so much due to being slower and more vulnerable to deep chains, especially considering the early bloat they must take to make those big early grabs. You either get bloated or get chained to the point where that extra gen is cycling through empty acres.

The problem is that most of uto is stupid and keeps falling into that trap. No Avian with half a brain is going to bloat themselves in war like that, but strategy at the ghetto level is such that many players are forced into doing that.

If the game didn't have such broken mechanics like nw gains then yeah, Warrior would be ridiculously good. It's still good, just not on Orcs. I suppose an orc can use Warrior to compensate for their weak defense, but it's not as if an orc/tact can't hit any target they need to already.
    Last edited by noobium; 15-12-2013 at 08:50.

Thread Information