Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skills I have acquired over a very long career

Skills I have acquired over a very long career

You have a great adaptability where you can use the faery in many different roles depending on your opponent, and such an ability is impossible to show in calcs but invaluable ingame. ~Elurin

I read this and i started thinking about how to give this back to the community because it was striking.

I always been demostrating and talking about adaptability.
    A good player adapt to all situations. It all depends on the enviroment around us and how quick and effective the players can adapt to it. It is an evolution theory or chaos theory if you may beleive. When a player starts to grasp the facts he or she can move towards greatness. This is an everchanging world!

Does the offensive ops of a nub in a ghetto set off an attack from Simians or any other KD? The offensive ops represents a small change in the initial condition of the server, which causes a chain of events that could lead to large scale server events. Had the nub not done his offensive ops, the trajectory of the server might have been vastly different.
    A consequence of sensitivity to predictable. Which is generally predictable only about a week ahead in this game.

People been trying for ages by entering NAPs and cease fires to predict the future for a more longterm time so they can adapt and take steps to counter the effects of the everchanging server as we know it.

Some kds does this better then others, some masters it because they have good leaders.
    Getting the day to day player to adapt and follow its leaders blindly is vital for the success of a KD.

The ones to master this art of play is absalom. Therefor they have been the strongest alliance for as long as people can remember. There is stars of utopia, they master this server up til the day when it becomes unpredictable. Now and then a KD like Elurins shows up and change some rules and make it harder to play cause they are less predictable then others, they refuse to cease fire others and it is a way to control the server around you and get an edge on others, force them to adapt to what you do instead of adapting after what they do and let yourself be controlled.

This is one of the more serious post i will ever make on this forum.

As a solo player i can cause more damage in an age compared to what a ghetto could do single handed. Because i know what the longterm effects are. If i ever retire i just need 2-3 players with me and every top KD would want to CF us, i know how to flap my wings and cause a tornado effect in the top of the server or any KD if you may.

To lead a KD into greatness your best weapon will always be propaganda, diplomacy and a charachter that is active and people is willing to follow. If this leader makes his people loyal, get them to listen and in a way manipulate their minds with the propaganda then they can truly be unstopable. But only if the leader learns the way of how to flap his wings and adapt to all situations.

You can see many KDs uprising right now. I am not sure they adapted to the game very well, it happen to be so that the game adapted after them, they got a bit lucky. Relative nw range never been better vs the top KDs, they can strike where it hurts without a high risk. Some is more aware of it then others, they are simply better leaders and knows more what they are doing. I am glad not more people understand this game cause that way my KD is on top of the food chain til they learn. The knowledge is right infront of them. Players never had an issue teaching others.
    The problem is always that new players tend to think they know best. We have people like myself that played this game for like 15 years. I dont really accept being questioned and argue with nubs what is best strat or not. Get with the flow, feel the world around you, ADAPT to the situations and learn what strat is best for each and every situation you end up in. There is no super strats, there are no raw numbers that cant be countered. The game is what you make it and how you choose to make the world around you.

When you tell someone to go **** himself you flap your wings, dont ever forget that more then often a pen and paper has more might then a sword. You can make things happen in this server just be saying the first word, not cast the first stone.

I am not sure where to post this. I want to get this out of my chest only and it will be one of the most serious post you will ever see me make. The game is decaying and skills are hard to come by.
    Take this as an attempt from me to give any player some wisdome. If just one player learns anything by it i made it.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Demon
    Low quality rant. Fail.

tl;dr
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    Low quality rant. Fail.
    Its up to the reader to judge it so tyvm for your input. I wont call you out because you think it is a low quality rant.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

This game is about adapting indeed, there are no super strats indeed, the nw system should be known server wide by now yes. However, you're quite wrong on the propaganda bit imo, unless you want people to look down on you and do FSU stuff to you and thus temper growth. The sometimes disgusting propaganda is THE flaw in lets say... Absalom. I'd much more prefer the quiet kd's that just do their thing and shut up about it. Take it or leave it style. Honest, consistent. I'd accept gb's, double hostiles, oow razes and what not from that kind of kd. One lie or bending of the truth and you've lost atleast my respect.
    #adrenaline

"a KD like Elurins .... they refuse to cease fire others" All Hail Elurin then

Quote Originally Posted by MoreWars View Post
    "a KD like Elurins .... they refuse to cease fire others" All Hail Elurin then
    Elurins KD was an example of a KD that has started to understand how to counter the top and use the top.
    Last edited by Anri; 04-07-2012 at 13:22.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Post Fiend
    By chance, not design :p
    As you say: "adaptation"

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    This game is about adapting indeed, there are no super strats indeed, the nw system should be known server wide by now yes. However, you're quite wrong on the propaganda bit imo, unless you want people to look down on you and do FSU stuff to you and thus temper growth. The sometimes disgusting propaganda is THE flaw in lets say... Absalom. I'd much more prefer the quiet kd's that just do their thing and shut up about it. Take it or leave it style. Honest, consistent. I'd accept gb's, double hostiles, oow razes and what not from that kind of kd. One lie or bending of the truth and you've lost atleast my respect.
    If you ever accept such behaviour towards your KD you must be mad Scavenger. But we can agree to disagree. I respect everyone oppinion in this thread.

Edit: This is one of the problems in todays utopia. People let others get away with things like oow razes, double hostile and gbs. People let it happen, people are okey with it. Its a joke really.
    Last edited by Anri; 04-07-2012 at 13:23.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Wise words my friend. Although I cant comprehend exactly what you mean, its always smart to not always fight fire with fire.

Regular
    I thought a Liam Neeson quote was in hand, oh well.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's too many words to say Diplo is good...

I don't know who you ghetto noobs are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for free acres, I can tell you I don't have any for you... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for noobs like you. If you CF now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will razekill you.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    I don't know who you ghetto noobs are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for free acres, I can tell you I don't have any for you... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for noobs like you. If you CF now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will razekill you.
    Made me laugh! Good one!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That's too many words to say Diplo is good...
    Not really, i wanted a more scientific aspect that the chaos theory and evolution applies both irl and in utopia.
    Utopia can never reach the status of utopia because it is evolving and the game is timeless caught in the chaos theory.

I think you will understand this if you light one up Palem. First then you can truly become great!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Thread Information