Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vines, I need your help.

So you don't believe in your 66.6% homes 'strat,' then?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

No, who taught you English?
    Well I'm going to, so henceforth you can say I taught you English.

Pronoun: The part of speech that substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and designates persons or things asked for, previously specified, or understood from the context.
    Proper noun:A noun belonging to the class of words used as names for unique individuals, events, or places.
    Proper nouns: Jack gave a Mercedes to Jill.
    Pronouns: He gave it to her.

Proper nouns represent unique entities. (i.e Jill, VT2, Mercedes)
    A pronoun replaces a predefined noun (not strictly necessary to have an antecedent). (i.e You, It, Them)
    Pronouns are only capitalized when it starts a sentence, or when using 'I' and all its minions, or when referring to God.
    And for the love of grammar, adjectives modify nouns. Only in certain cases is the noun a premodifier for another noun. (id est Chicken soup)
    Remember:
    Adjectives -> modify nouns (fast car)
    Adverbs -> modify verbs (drink quickly)

There. Now use your newly acquired skills to sound less like a 3rd language speaker. You might even reach my level; 2nd language.
    Interviewer: Are you concerned about putting OMAC in charge of a crowd of unruly militant loonies? And are you sure they know what they're getting themselves into?

Mehul: I warned them multiple times...

Veteran
    Vines just isnt the same when you can actually understand what he is writing, i dont like the new ****** running his acct

I'm learning English in Utopia, thats new.

Can someone here please critically evaluate Gnome/Artisan and Dwarf/Artisan? TQ

Gnome/artisan gives you back last age's bonus to homes, and adds something to all the buildings that gnome is likely to run, but it means you're not getting extra stealth from rogue, or lower attack-times from warrior.

Dwarf/artisan seems like a waste.
    The race specializes in using all the buildings that artisan does NOt add a bonus to.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Banned
    Pronoun: The part of speech that substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and designates persons or things asked for, previously specified, or understood from the context.

Proper noun:A noun belonging to the class of words used as names for unique individuals, events, or places.

Proper nouns: Jack gave a Mercedes to Jill.
    Pronouns: He gave it to her.
    Pronoun: substitutes or modifies a noun, phrase, or pronoun.

In your example of a proper noun: Jake gave a Mercedes to Jill. The word "Jack" will always be a pronoun because it replaces the pronoun "He". When we talk about Jack we don't need to use the pronoun "He". It is understood that "he" is Jack without saying that because the word "Jack" narully replaces the word "he". So if a word modifies or replaces another word it becomes a pronoun.

Let me use your example. Jack gave a Mercedes to Jill. The word Jack is replacing the word "he". The word "Mercedes" is replacing the word "car". The word "Jill" is replacing the word "she".

There is no need for the term "proper noun".
    One just needs to remember if a pronoun specifies the noun or pronoun it replacing then it must be capitalized. As for the other stuff you said it is off topic.

This guy was just trying to sound smart rather than be smart.

Edit: A noun is a person, place, thing, or idea. Example of a noun that is an idea--government. An example of a pronoun of the noun "government" is Democracy. Democracy specifies the noun "government" so it should be capitalized. Democracy is an idea(s) that people use to form government.

Another noun that is under the idea category is the word "strategy". Strategy is an idea or set of ideas and the execution of those ideas. A pronoun of the noun "strategy" would be Vines Strategy. It is a specific type of strategy so it needs to be capitalized and because the term "Vines Strategy" is a phrase-pronoun one should capitalize the whole phrase.
    Last edited by vines; 24-10-2009 at 22:25.

vines is so cool!
    like put him the the frezzer and leave him there cool!
    The fool who asks is a fool for only 5 mins
    The fool who never asks is a fool for life

The funny thing, which people don't know, is that vines has won.

No, he just changed medication.
    ILM.

No, you guys keep replying to his bull****, myself included, which means he pwns us. We're fueling him!

Ofc we are fueling him, tho fueling him aint fun anymore as he got lazy and stopped using traditional vines style.

Its been clear from the beginning that vines is just trolling around. Which has had its entertaining moments.

Veteran
    Dont worry everyone, its the same vines as before, he is just extra careful with his posts now. Takes him 3 hours to post a few lines, 1 day for his last post on proper/pro nouns. And as you can see, not even that is enough time because pretty much all of his posts are edited. gf vines.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    No, you guys keep replying to his bull****, myself included, which means he pwns us. We're fueling him!
    The thing is other people are making this threads about me for me.

Elixer you are talking about Friday. The reason it took me so long to post is because I had just logged in when a friend called me up and wanted me to go see a movie with them. It was more like 4 hours because I went and got some food after the movie. And by the way, why in the world are you learning my schedule. If you ask me and this is only if you ask me but it sounds like someone(Elixer) just got masterly owned.

So this is a little something I wanted to add. The reason some of my post are edited is because so times I find that I want to add a little extra info, such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    In your example of a proper noun: Jake gave a Mercedes to Jill. The word "Jack" will always be a pronoun because it replaces the pronoun "He". When we talk about Jack we don't need to use the pronoun "He". It is understood that "he" is Jack without saying that because the word "Jack" narully replaces the word "he". So if a word modifies or replaces another word it becomes a pronoun.
    I have to say, this version of Vines is more intelligent (which isn't saying much), because it is obvious he understand English (and by extension the concept of pronouns, and the distinction between a pronoun and a proper noun), but he's simply twisting it to deceive people.

But if anyone is interested in the difference between proper nouns and pronouns, please refer to:
    The Differences between pronouns and proper nouns
    http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=pronoun
    http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=proper+noun
    And because we all know; 'If Wikipedia says it, it must be true'
    Wikipedia: Proper Noun
    Wikipedia: Pronoun

And the grammatical meaning of a modifier:
    A word or group of words that describes or limits a verb, noun, adjective, or adverb. Modifiers applied to nouns are adjectives. Modifiers applied to verbs or adjectives are adverbs. Those that are applied to adverbs themselves are also called adverbs.
    Feed the trolls!
    Interviewer: Are you concerned about putting OMAC in charge of a crowd of unruly militant loonies? And are you sure they know what they're getting themselves into?

Mehul: I warned them multiple times...

Thank fck this is in strategy thread.
    ILM.

Thread Information