Thread: Max War Length?

Max War Length?

Is there a max war length where there's a MP enforced or is it surrender/double their networth only ways to win?

Veteran
    There is a max war length. Its usually around 10-15 weeks.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    There is a max war length. Its usually around 10-15 weeks.
    lol.... i wonder what a full age war would look like
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    lol.... i wonder what a full age war would look like
    I would love to find out! That's gotta be pretty awesome to find two kingdoms of such a similar skill level. Of course, for that duration if one person sleeps through their alarm once in those 12 weeks, then you're doomed.

I would imagine an oop war would just be brutal for 10 straight weeks. Maybe give them 1 week to grow to 800 acres then let them duke it out for 9 solid weeks. We should get 2 volunteers for next age!
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    I would imagine an oop war would just be brutal for 10 straight weeks. Maybe give them 1 week to grow to 800 acres then let them duke it out for 9 solid weeks. We should get 2 volunteers for next age!
    Or .... Genesis .... just saying ;) One of the multi worlds can be a war world of set long duration wars

Veteran
    I cannot imagine a war so equal that you can war that long and still neither kd is in a position to force a nw win though. When unbreakable t/ms need to be dealt with, thats a time consuming thing, but at some point one kd will just be better positioned and take the win. I've been in a few 2-3 week wars which have all been awesome, but theres still an end goal to thise wars. Maybe if 2 ghettos who both lack the coordination/leadership to take out opposing t/ms would war it could be an endless battle...
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    I cannot imagine a war so equal that you can war that long and still neither kd is in a position to force a nw win though. When unbreakable t/ms need to be dealt with, thats a time consuming thing, but at some point one kd will just be better positioned and take the win. I've been in a few 2-3 week wars which have all been awesome, but theres still an end goal to thise wars. Maybe if 2 ghettos who both lack the coordination/leadership to take out opposing t/ms would war it could be an endless battle...
    Very true, set durations would be tougher to pick a winner

I've been in two wars which have been near two weeks. One I lead. I am glad we won it, as it would have been heartbreaking to lose after all that effort and it was probably the most sympathy for a player I have ever felt in uto when the oppo monarch finally threw the towel in.

Needs to get out more
    I've been in a few month(ish) long or longer. Most were decent small kingdoms and the biggest was Pyro vs Freakstyle. The last were when I was with Colours for 2 ages. We had one or two the age before I went to Madchess's micro-kingdom. Human cleric was my choice the last age in Colours and it came through with flying colors. I later destroyed that province because my size was deemed a liability. I restarted as an orc mystic because no one chose that combination that age.

While work hurts my activity in the immediate game of war my endeavor is to be as active as possible otherwise. My tendencies take over and I'll run relay* uniques for protracted intervals.

*relay: when I array equal portions of army with ambushes and time taps within a rough 2-3 tick ellipse. It was devised years ago to allow fluid acre gains to stabilize nw(I was trying to ape avian tac with slower, higher offense races). I've used the technique to establish zones and invoke containment on enemy provinces. I've withstood concerted NM/NS/chain attempts once the zone is solidified. In my mind it's a proven method if you're hyperactive and have the freedom to attack outside of chain targets. Thus, I'd always stick to chain demands while maintaining space control.

That said, one of my favorite types of war are agreed min time acre gains. Basically you apply an additional 24 hours if both sides are equal at the WD.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-11-2017 at 00:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Iirc there was a war that lasted like 10+ weeks a while back. Just a couple of lowly war kingdoms who didn't want to concede. Wasn't really anything "epic" about it

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Iirc there was a war that lasted like 10+ weeks a while back. Just a couple of lowly war kingdoms who didn't want to concede. Wasn't really anything "epic" about it
    Nothing epic? You remembered it... so it left its mark on you TSwift ;-) I do remember seein Ghetto Nightmare and KoE duking it out for 3-4 weeks a few ages ago. Longest war ive seen.
    - unknown

Thread Information