Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Twitch Broadcast - June 1, 2017 - Comments

One problem needs to be solved: Our Kingdom was put together from leftovers :) Because of that it had several inactive(multiprovincesfarms) first we had 12 province which we had enough votes. But after more came in which were just inactive farms and not voted we lost Monarchy again and could not see + marks. Also because of titel change as Honor grew those inactive some got 3 votes and Monarchy went further away. Now we solved that during last days by hitting those clearly inactive to drop their votes from 3 to 1 and by taking some out, so needed votes dropped and some new voted just barely enough to have Monarchy. I think Steward should have the same option to see + Mark and also same option to kill inactive as Monarch has. Also on this case Monarch has no other option but keep Stewardy for himself to be able to half function when Monarchy is dropped again as new people come in. At this point yes I got enough votes to be able to close borders for awhile to be able to take out and delete 10 days inactives away and then open borders again when all inactive and no voters farms are out.

This really harms Utopia as also several active defected because they got frusterated for not having Monarch and therefor could not organize Kingdom. So my proposal is: Drop 10 days inactivity border to 5 days before deletion and give the deletion option also to Steward. Kingdom full of inactive for 10 days is one and half weeks not organized and not able to play this game practicly the way it is to be played. That harms Utopia itself too as people see it not really fun to play with this kind of situation.
    Last edited by Suomenniemi; 31-05-2017 at 07:51. Reason: mistypings corrected

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Suomenniemi View Post
    One problem needs to be solved: Our Kingdom was put together from leftovers :) Because of that it had several inactive(multiprovincesfarms) first we had 12 province which we had enough votes. But after more came in which were just inactive farms and not voted we lost Monarchy again and could not see + marks. Also because of titel change as Honor grew those inactive some got 3 votes and Monarchy went further away. Now we solved that during last days by hitting those clearly inactive to drop their votes from 3 to 1 and by taking some out, so needed votes dropped and some new voted just barely enough to have Monarchy. I think Steward should have the same option to see + Mark and also same option to kill inactive as Monarch has. Also on this case Monarch has no other option but keep Stewardy for himself to be able to half function when Monarchy is dropped again as new people come in. At this point yes I got enough votes to be able to close borders for awhile to be able to take out and delete 10 days inactives away and then open borders again when all inactive and no voters farms are out.

This really harms Utopia as also several active defected because they got frusterated for not having Monarch and therefor could not organize Kingdom. So my proposal is: Drop 10 days inactivity border to 5 days before deletion and give the deletion option also to Steward. Kingdom full of inactive for 10 days is one and half weeks not organized and not able to play this game practicly the way it is to be played. That harms Utopia itself too as people see it not really fun to play with this kind of situation.
    I would take this even further. Give monarch/steward the option to delete provinces as soon as the + appears. Any decently involved monarch/steward can make the judgement if it is worth waiting for that player or not. Also this option should be accessable in freezetime/protection. Nothing more annoying then getting stuck with inactives that you can't remove yet.

Inactive provinces do not have a vote and do not count towards the votes required for monarchy
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

January 18 of YR1 A new scientist, Recruit Bishop (Production), has emerged and has joined our academic ranks. - (no joke, have a screenshot to prove)
    You guys should implement a "behead scientist" option. Please think about it and comment on the broadcast.

Please explain why you dont make kingdoms bigger. We can easily do 35-40 players in each kingdom, would make wars so much more fun.

Bringing back the Genesis server would be nice as you could try out your radical changes there.

And along those lines the Great Utopian War was a blast.
    "Very funny, they don't have boats any more!"

Any chance of bringing back the war tournament, it was a lot of fun,

If my prov dies, can I return as an Undead (again)?

Why can't a steward change the kingdom banner?
    Last edited by Nim; 31-05-2017 at 19:43.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Regular
    Why are intra-kingdom spells such as Mystic Vortex, the new Paladin spells, and ops such as Spy on Throne affected by war stance? We aren't doing actions out of war / into war, we are doing actions within our own kingdom.

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Enthusiast
    why is the prov explore pool capped? If the goal is to have everyone be bigger and competing, this doesn't make sense...you lose 2 wars and get chained, you're done
    -Gurch

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Inactive provinces do not have a vote and do not count towards the votes required for monarchy
    I am sorry to say but I have approvement that it does count. It used to be that inactive provinces dropped out of Politics and their votes or province name did not show on politics. Unfortunately it is not so now. All inactive are there and Politics shows their number of votes. Only thing what happens is on politics their *voting* goes from *yes* to *no* And even one province named Purgetory had his vote still *yes* also day after his + mark appeared and it dropped out long after.

My approve is: Before I hit inactive whos vote was *no* on voting list. Needed votes for Monarchy was 18. After I hit inactive and dropped 2 points away from his votes the needed votes for Monarchy dropped right after to 17 votes. And yes also that inactive votes dropped from 3 to 1 as it displays on Politics. Same happened also when those 3 provinces were over 10 days inactive and went to negtlegtfull. Their votes disappeared after I killed them from monarch option and it dropped needed votes to 13. So it is either a bug or when code was rewritten you just forgot to do that.
    Last edited by Suomenniemi; 01-06-2017 at 06:39. Reason: Added one sentence and corrected again mis spellings

Also problem with newcomers

Same problem that appears with inactive appeares also with newcomers who goes inactive right away. Like we had several newcomers who came in and did not cast their votes, so Monarchy dropped out. They never voted and after 48 hours + mark appeared. Highest needed votes for Monarchy was 24 when I had 18. So only way to take out those votes was to take out inactive and drop their vote numbers.

I would make code so that when new province comes in vote is obligatory. If you dont want vote Monarch then vote yourself, but make it so that all have to vote to be able to play. At worst we had two players voting first two real days after I made forum active and proposed Monarchy voting.

Even now we have 7 voting out of 18 provinces and 8 inactive still to take out 7 of them with + mark and one who just dropped out of OOP and has not trained anything which means 18 provinces Kingdom has 8 inactive. How on your opinion that kind of kingdom can function. It is clear to me that several of those inactive are multiaccounts done to just fill-up kingdoms with inactive. They never post , never vote and never train nor they never take contact or write on Forum.

Monarch really should have the option to kill out a province right after OOP, a province which has not logged in after making his or her account and trained anything during 25 protection hours.

Sincerely Taika

Enthusiast
    I would like to have some feedback on this thread: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...al-Intel-Sites

Basically if this ever will happen or not :)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoore View Post
    I would like to have some feedback on this thread: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...al-Intel-Sites

Basically if this ever will happen or not :)
    Would be great if monarchs or anyone else in their respective kingdoms sends the twitch link in WhatsApp or irc when the broadcast happens. Let's get some good viewage today!

Enthusiast
    Can massacre be more in line with raze where range is not taken into consideration?
    -Gurch

Thread Information