Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Recount (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan)

Vote Recount (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan)

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:09.

Hillary can still turn this around!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    I figured he bought the election ... dodgey count... hmmm
    Live long and prosper

Veteran
    Recounts are expensive and time consuming. See he has to pay for representatives to go over see the recount to insure Hillarys people don't try and rig it. Michigan double and triple checked there findings to make sure they got it right. So there is no way she can win Michigan. Pennsylvania was won by such a large margin that it's impossible to over turn it. So either way Trump will be president. In the end dumb liberals throwing a temper tantrum wasting people's time.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    In the end dumb liberals throwing a temper tantrum wasting people's time.
    It's unlikely that the election results will be overturned, but it's well worth the look. The only way a recount does anything is if there was a significant skew in miscounted ballots - which would imply corruption or bias at some level, but it's not like Mr. Trump could be indignant at the suggestion of electoral fraud, given that he's *still* the one arguing it most loudly. At the end of the day, to the extent that anyone has any legitimate lingering doubts about the integrity of the result, EVERYONE should want a recount. People who don't like the result will want the recount if only as a 'hail mary' attempt at changing it; people who DO like the result should want it even *more* to authenticate the legitimacy of the incoming president's mandate.

Besides, Republicans (and, to the extent of the difference, Trump and his followers) have spent the last 8 years denying the legitimacy of the presidency established by the last two elections. If we're talking about temper tantrums and wasting people's time, the bar has been set *really* low on these things.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:08.

Veteran
    Americans have spoken load and clear with the presidential, Senate and Houses all being dominantly won by Republicans. As a independent until Democrats fix there party I will never vote again for a Democrat. Obama will be the last Democrat I will ever vote for until Democrats completely purge the party of corruption. That means firing everyone that works for the DNC and electing a chairman who will represent all of the party.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Americans have spoken load and clear with the presidential, Senate and Houses all being dominantly won by Republicans. As a independent until Democrats fix there party I will never vote again for a Democrat. Obama will be the last Democrat I will ever vote for until Democrats completely purge the party of corruption. That means firing everyone that works for the DNC and electing a chairman who will represent all of the party.
    Lol thanks, I needed a good chuckle

Regular
    no recount in PA (I live here)...Stein missed the deadline which was Monday 11/28 to file her demands...Judges said no bueno. Ooh and for any request for recount to happen in PA the margin MUST be .05 or less difference in numbers...Numbers in PA were .08
    Last edited by greendragon2000; 04-12-2016 at 02:24.

Americans spoke it would be Hillary that would be president. As seen by the numbers, now you people have that ****ty but probably necessary system so Trump won.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:07.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The problem is the average voice in rural stated have more power than an average voice in larger states.

Either fix it by recalculating how many electoral votes each state gets or abolish it all together because both of those options are better than the current system. The state in which you vote in should have no impact in how powerful your vote is

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    The entire reason we have the electoral college is so small states get a voice. Otherwise we would just ask California, New York, Texas, and a few other critical states what they want every election and the rest of us would stay home.

When the USA was founded, the electoral college was a compromise so that the small states have some impact at the national level. Otherwise, the rural states would have just said to hell with it and made their own countries.
    Yea, and originally the candidate who recieved the 2nd most electorial votes was to be the Vice President. Lol.
    Actually they tried... It was called the civil war. Electoral college or not.
    We still have battleground states that determine who wins.
    Personally I think the best reform would be for states to split their electoral votes like a couple states already do.
    When the minority of the people get to elect a president over the majority of the people we have problems with the system. The current system allows for someone with less than 22% of the popular vote to win. However unlikely this is to happen it is technically a possibility.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 04-12-2016 at 20:24.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Americans spoke it would be Hillary that would be president. As seen by the numbers, now you people have that ****ty but probably necessary system so Trump won.
    There are around 12 million illegal immigrants in the USA. Conservative estimate is 25% of the 12 million voted. Realistically 50 to 75% of them voted in this election. I guarantee they didn't vote for Trump. So yeah Trump won the popular vote.

Thread Information