Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: abducts are fine

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan_ddimitrov View Post
    Hmm Guard Stations affect abduct/learn attacks??? Why we have Universities/Schools then?
    you can have both to secure your scientists even more, if you really wanted to

Post Demon
    I think war is in a few days if our leadership can find one. I've not really figured out if swapping science arround is worth it, so just keeping the spread for overall effectivness. Closest to max out on Alchemy I think, but constantly running Universities and to many gs might not be the best strat for prolonged periods OOW. I plan on keeping it still for our shorter OOW periods comming up, as my kd is in the warring tier I should be able to run this ecconomy wise crappy strategy when we are dooing something besides warring.

If anything I think the system is a bit harsh on non attackers, we got a t/m on 29 who have no way of abducting, and did not spawn for weeks where I genneraly get 3-5 a week if we are not fortified and can easily dubble that number with abducts. He can of course still get better benifits from channeling and crime and rip me apart with ops if we was facing off rather than beeing part of the same team.

Needs to get out more
    @ Madchess. My intent was to experiment with fixed scientists and it's not bad if you're not chained. When you are chained I think you'll find switching scientist beneficial.

First, I noticed one of our targets was retaining an alarmingly high defense as we forced him down into the pit. This can get to crisis mode for your own chained because the guy can wreak havoc with impunity vs your guys who didn't adjust scientists and are fighting at near land defense. Spying on science, I noticed he moved the majority to housing. I took lower gains to push him into relative overpopulation, but...

Second, those lower gains put me on the radar where I was getting chained myself. I immediately moved scientist to housing and held onto my specs. My peasants got blasted so recovery is arduous. We don't have the activity or resources to save the chained so it was a lone strat tactic.

You have to be more cautious prelude to attacking an actives online. I noticed one of our bigs got repelled and I'm convinced it was the enemy seeing the intel taken and moving scientists to military efficiency. The same precautions apply in addition to strategic maneuvering of scientists: avian/faery stacking protection, undead casting town watch, etc.

You can kind of tell an experienced group by the ops they use and relative coordination. The enemy has a few proactive players who are willing to experiment with the new science system and it shows in our Nw deficit. I think we must accept this as the new meta, at least in the areas I've seen it. I'm not cruel enough, nor did I have the runes to hammer the enemy with amnesia. I think it would be effective in neutralizing some of this effect. I'm here to experiment but I plan on keeping amnesia more as a deterrent. ymmv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    A guy abducted me (i have 34 scientists and 8% universities, I lost one professor and some NW due to the losses. I retalled, he has 36 scientists and no universities, and is 10% bigger than me, I GOT NOTHING...
    Next time such bull**** happens i swear ill quit for good this badly developed game. (ill miss the other sufferers friends i have here)

Quote Originally Posted by gpimento View Post
    A guy abducted me (i have 34 scientists and 8% universities, I lost one professor and some NW due to the losses. I retalled, he has 36 scientists and no universities, and is 10% bigger than me, I GOT NOTHING...
    Next time such bull**** happens i swear ill quit for good this badly developed game. (ill miss the other sufferers friends i have here)
    Missing at least 3 key factors to determine gains there. I am not sure how else to say this to you but you seem incapable of taking advice on board.

Why do you believe you should have gained a scientist off that guy, list out the factors applicable to him that determin gains.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Never mind, you anonned into a guy with GS. Looks like he may have had GBP when you hit also.

All three of those things drop your gains.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    Today I was abducted twice from the same bigger guy. Both took scientists. I retalled, I got nothing. And some ball-licker say abducts are perfectly fine.

Yesterday the game had 3683, today 3679.

3679 provinces of what had 120.000 there is the reason. Crappy changes that makes it worse and worse.
    Count 3678 now as i am out.

(Sure that Bishop will say "Its better without a complainer" and my answer is "This kind of attitude that lost the other 116322 players - maybe you should open a coffee shop like Mehul did, you probably is way better serving espressos than creating game rules. ")

To the remaining ones, Good luck, may in the next 20 years the thing change to something positive. The last one out please donīt forget to turn off the lights.

There was never 120k players around 100k was the total amount of accounts on all the servers. That included multis and what not. Also the major drop in players happend during the Mehul era.

Btw each time I've retalled with abduct I've gained.

Today I was abducted twice from the same bigger guy. Both took scientists. I retalled, I got nothing. And some ball-licker say abducts are perfectly fine.

Yesterday the game had 3683, today 3679.

3679 provinces of what had 120.000 there is the reason. Crappy changes that makes it worse and worse.
    Count 3678 now as i am out.

(Sure that Bishop will say "Its better without a complainer" and my answer is "This kind of attitude that lost the other 116322 players - maybe you should open a coffee shop like Mehul did, you probably is way better serving espressos than creating game rules. ")

To the remaining ones, Good luck, may in the next 20 years the thing change to something positive. The last one out please donīt forget to turn off the lights.
    Banned for Malicious Flaming/Personal Attacks.

If you choose to post again then do so within the forum rules.

On topic, you completely ignored my post showing where you failed to calc gains properly. Can't help you if you don't actually want help.

Post Fiend
    Actually, Mehul had much the same attitude. He had a specific vision of the game, made changes to serve that vision, and if people didn't like it, tough. He didn't cater to the masses. Usually.

And in terms of the 'game rules' created by new management...aside from the new science system (which I do think needs some...adjustment...though I don't see any reason to think it's actually 'broken'), there aren't a lot of fundamental game differences from Mehul's days. Just minor balancing tweaks.

Well, that...and the 'premium content', including choosing your own Kingdom. (My running theory is that it's THAT change that turned Utopia from a massive open game with 60k players to a boutique elite game. There had been people asking for 'legalization' of Province-trading under Mehul for *years*, mostly on the basis that they wanted to play with their friends or old KDmates [or multis], but I observed that the flip side of that desire is that they *didn't* want to have to play with any significant number of new or inexperienced players. Account-trading always created a degree of polarization - people leaving ghettos for stronger Kingdoms, people entering the "SKDs" from weaker ones - leaving ghettos without the talent to be able to lead and teach the inexperienced players how to get anything out of the game, and I always argued that allowing trading would increase this polarization, and grow the ghetto to a massive scale...and that those players just wouldn't stay. Suffice it to say that I'm not surprised that the game is much smaller.)

Postaholic
    Interesting results yesterday when we abducted into a kingdom 12 hours into fort.
    Target: 104% of attacker, 45 scientists, no unis, GS (maybe 1.7% or something useless), no GBP. Anon was used for the attack.

RKNW was 36% bigger than us. I wanted to try going up a bit to see what would happen. And halfway into fort no less.
    Results: 2 scientists abducted

Wow, I thought, this doesn't bode well for larger kingdoms. Hmn.

Then another province from the same target kingdom retalled, from fort, and abducted 2 scientists back from the attacker. Interesting!

Post Demon
    the return response is why universities are needed when you try to abduct from others, I'm gooing to slap 20% on my province as soon as we get OOW cause I got 65 to protect now.

Postaholic
    Yesterday we had an abduct yield 3 sci.

Today, same results. 3 Profs abducted in one go. Yeah, Unis are in. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Yesterday we had an abduct yield 3 sci.

Today, same results. 3 Profs abducted in one go. Yeah, Unis are in. :p
    Queen cannot understand what you talk. It's a foreign tongue. Send a PM. Mine is broken or its possible it's me.

Postaholic
    Wouldn't Munk have recorded sufficient amounts of abducts to reveal the formula to the masses?
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information