Quote Originally Posted by HerpNDerp View Post
If you are running TDs on a heretic, you are doing it wrong. Heretics should also pretty much never rely on their mtpa for thief defense. Halfer rogues will eat you alive all day every day. Last age I had to run 35%+ wts to give myself a shot at surviving the first 24 hours of war. CS is a GREAT addition to elves and will allow a lot more build variation this age. CS is op and, coupled with 20% wts, will provide solid thief defense during war.

Of course elf mystics will be able to MV cs off an elf heretic. Probably not on the first attempt though. Elf/heretic is a jack of all trades and a master of none. You aren't the best at anything, but you are good at a lot of stuff. You open chains via NM/NS and attacking, good at resource management during war and are capable of turning into an Econ machine a couple days into war. Once you realize the limitations of the combo, then you can take advantage of the strengths of it.
With thief sci nerfed some I think a half heretic can hold up enough on the thief side, and me personally ive always believed in using majority of steal on a thief on hitters tho of course some on mages. Aw is pretty good but I would rather a rogue aw a mage then disable a hitter in the various ways they do. Yes u can win wars with tms but in most wars hitters still carry the day and an elf heretic or half heretic should be really good at hitter control. I'll prolly get flamed some for this post but o well I've fought in plenty of wars too and while I fear chains even tho it's fun to try to hold it I don't fear anything from a rogue or mage more then annoyance. If I was a mage only I would fear rogues some, but I'm not a mage only and even after aw can spell hitters who is I want to spell anyway mostly