To be honest with you, what hacks me off the most about the situation is that Israel takes the opportunity of the American Presidential handover to pursue attacks on Gaza, because they are unsure whether Obama will be sympathetic and want to make the most of the remnants of the Bush administration. The worst thing is, Israel will generally only act if they can rely on USA support or at the very least, inactivity, and as half of the Senate and half the money in NYC is from Jew businessmen, and or Israeli sympathisers, it's taking liberties. The family that had 5 daughters killed whilst sleeping from an Israeli bomb, and the restricted aid supplies... I would hardly call that retaliation against a terrorist regime. That's just slaughter. I have no allegiance to either country, but the high-handness of the Israeli attitude, and their reliance on American support, is disgusting. Are we now led to believe that politics cannot bridge the divide and the only resort is violence? If so, what precendent does that set for other less politically attuned nations? If nothing else it has memories of Russia's hugely inappropriate intervention with Georgia, and lays the way for further discord between Palestine and India. Israel's moral being 'Do what you like as the UN is powerless.'