Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The uses of Homes . . .

Post Fiend
    Oh clampy, u made my day here.

yes we know about that overpoped factor, but home built lands that are losses leads to a faster overpop than non-homes land.
    The decline of Utopia presented by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    [...] And, just for the record, War Spoils can be as much bane as blessing. Sure, you get the land sooner, but your armies can still be Ambushed
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

Banned
    Lordwarallied you haven't gave any proof just common belief. And 8wpa is not ~27%. It can be but it depends on the province. One plalying high homes need high raw tpa and wpa. It's a different type of strategy so it is played differently. As I said before believe what you want. One day you maybe find yourself second guessing yourself.

And Vines, you haven't grasped the English language enough to not sound like an ignoramus.

Please explain why someone with high homes needs a high raw TPA/WPA, because I'm running a decent percentage of homes and I have maybe 2 TPA/WPA and no one has really hurt me in war.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    flutterby he obviously meant, can afford higher wpa/tpa.. or? not that obvious maybe :p

Post Fiend
    Micke-

Yes, he meant it, and as much as i think his strategies is flawed on all sides, he isnt stupid to think that homes somehow gives all build benefits even tho the way he thinks about homes makes it look so. if not so.

if u have only homes, what is going to boost ur tpa and wpa versus a person that doesnt use homes and has modifiers? versatility and timing has always been the key in this game. i dont see how dependance, being dynamic and have a high level of a flat rate builds can out do that and why someone would try to do that...at least that way. so he has to havbe 8tpa - 8wpa to be any good which is madness.

but until i see ur strat being used by a kd to the level and the ranking of rage, then there is nothing else to say than good luck to you.

p.s: my 27.5% is based on a non gnome user. for a gnome it will be different. still very high considering all ur builds are in homes and that gnome player wont be able to use modifier build, with no hosps and enough troops to match the other guy's super elite strenght and superior low losses and economy.
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 02-08-2009 at 17:49.
    [...] And, just for the record, War Spoils can be as much bane as blessing. Sure, you get the land sooner, but your armies can still be Ambushed
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    That's post of my gnome build is misleading. After all I had just got out of war so I had gain a lot of land. At any rate that build I was using for Red Mist I was using a 90% draft. And for that post you can see I was no where need 90% draft. Fully drafted I was about to put out around 100opa while keeping 100dpa at home. That build served me well.

The human build is also a little misleading because I was still drafting a little more and I had yet to train many of my troops. Also this province at the time was not in war build. A few quick changes and the provinces army will be much stronger.

Lordwarallied, homes is a superior way to play. Take a look at the links that greenie posted up. The gnome province is an example of how a strong province will be strong with or without science. A weak province will still be weak with science.

The human sage province is an example of how to play one bad-a** human sage province.
    I could have beaten that human/sage with a DE/(whatever, doesn't matter)at 700 acres. I know, because i've done it before.

A while back, I'd go for a higher percentage of homes (around 30% or so).
    This is because each home increases per-acre population by 32%, and the added growth factor allows faster recovery from fireballs.

Plus, I ran 71% draft rate, so at 75% building efficiency, homes seemed like the most feasible choice.

However, now I run 16% guard stations. All wars lasting more than 2 days inevitably results in me getting razed down to minuscule proportions.
    (Perks of being in a semi-active kingdom).

Anyway, my point being, while homes may seem the most decent and numerically pleasing option in terms of OPA/DPA/WPA/TPA, it does not provide substantial sustainability under duress.

Ever since Utopia had the idea of diminishing, a more 'rainbowy' building strat may be better.

Post Fiend
    mistake one: you had 30% homes and if you had 75% BE that tells me whether u were running a UD, or had no sci whatsoever.

mistake two: you had 70% draft rate and that doesnt include WPA. no wonders.

but what is al lthat opa,dpa,wpa,tpa if its all going to get beaten by a much more static, economicly stronger, better wpa-tpa modifiers ?
    homes are artificially giving you those numbers which, you could just go straight for the bushes or the root of the problem, if i know ur running homes, everyone knows exactly what to do!
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

God that English hurts my brain.

Post Fiend
    Vines, I'd like to talk to you on a messaging program since I'm not a forum user, personally. Could you please message me. If not, no biggie.

email: Flicksand at yahoo.com
    msn:Flicksand at yahoo.com
    yahoo: Flicksand at yahoo.com
    aim: Flicksand

Thread Information