Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehul vs OMAC v2

Veteran
    maybe this age of light will show us the coding war that ends all coding wars

Post Fiend
    They could make it open source(minus game formulas) and have others give advice or even help out

Veteran
    yea, and hopefully that will be JUST as helpful as that damn wiki guide that the users have masterfully created

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    I wonder if he comes back and reads through these forums. If it was me I'd be pretty curious to see if people missed me or not lol.
    Its probably Mehul that is attacking the server... HOPING that someone will say "I miss the Mehul days"...

Veteran
    Conspirator!

Mods! Bring the stakes and knives!

good times. :(
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    Making the code open source just ruins their investment.

Fryslandia makes good points. Who said mehuls code won't get the crap ddos'd out of it? I'm pretty sure it would :)

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?t=602467

Hmm... maybe I'm wrong, but right now it wouldn't surprise me if Utopia suffers the same thing in a few days/weeks.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryslandia View Post
    Give the guys a ****ing break. They need to rewrite a codebase not their own, and probably badly documented. Seeing that the old code was running into problems with hackers (who have new methods then when Mehul ran the game) it isn't unthinkable that the game would've gone down even if Mehul was still running things.

At least OMAC has people seriously working on it, they could also decide to scrap the entire game because the only activity in it is people spilling negative stuff in the forums...

Let's hope we have a stable game by the end of this week (because when it was up it was fast here), and then the advertisement ingame get's changed to uto advertisment, instead of trying to convert us to other online games :P

hilarious, people seriously working on it? if there were this wouldn't be happening you know;) and badly documented, umm..they have the raw code of the old game, a programmer don't need anything else;) the game have barely had a week with no problems after omac took over, since september there have been more downtime than the game actually being playable.

this is a joke and a finger in the face to all the players that is still around by omac.

Give the guys a ****ing break. They need to rewrite a codebase not their own, and probably badly documented. Seeing that the old code was running into problems with hackers (who have new methods then when Mehul ran the game) it isn't unthinkable that the game would've gone down even if Mehul was still running things.

to be honest, i am adamant in my belief that the game got hacked BECAUSE of OMAC - they've been frustrating for the entire utopia community ever since they set foot here and im sure the reason they got hacked is some angry person wanted to "teach them a lesson". of course i have no evidence of this, it's just common sense.
    funny how this game never got K.O'd by hackers while Mefu... sorry, MeHUL, was around. sure, there may have been hack attempts that temporarily crashed the server (not that i know of but there might have been :P) but at least the server recovered from it.

Veteran

At least OMAC has people seriously working on it, they could also decide to scrap the entire game because the only activity in it is people spilling negative stuff in the forums...

Let's hope we have a stable game by the end of this week (because when it was up it was fast here), and then the advertisement ingame get's changed to uto advertisment, instead of trying to convert us to other online games :P

I do agree that I miss blog updates, last one is from 13th october and so much happend since then. Just hire somebody for 2 hours a week to write a blog post for us guys :P

But I do appreciate that time is spent into trying to get utopia back for all of us.

P.s. Maybe a OMAC irc channel on utonet?
    No I wont give them a break. They took down the old code because of the DOS attacks right? Now what happened once they got the new code up? DOS attacks. They didn't fix **** and instead forced the new code out and screwed the game entirely. New code didn't fix squat.

Stop crying like little babies. They've made perfectly clear we are playing a beta version of the game. This means it's still in a test phase. Now shut up and be good testers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bcolargol View Post
    Stop crying like little babies. They've made perfectly clear we are playing a beta version of the game. This means it's still in a test phase. Now shut up and be good testers.
    Are you Beta Testing? If you are then your the only one. Can't be a good Beta Tester without a game to Beta Test.

And if this is a Beta Test I sure would hate to see a Alpha Test. lmao. Beta is a game that actually works. This one doesn't.

boohoohoo. baby

Veteran
    Played this game since sometime around age 8. Nothing game killing till OMAC took over. Think I have a right to complain dumb ass.

Thread Information