Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players dont understand the situation

"This is my favorite part of the games. The relationships people built were incredible. When I first heard of people getting married after having met in Utopia, I thought it was crazy (in a good way). I think I realized the extent of how much impact we had when I learned of a couple where one person was from Singapore and one from Sweden. The likelihood of this as a chance encounter in real life is virtually zero, so that's a real impact the game had. It's that type of thing that was really rewarding. While it can't be measured, I'd also like to think we helped some people overcome preconceived notions about other cultures and really learn to work with and interact with people very different from them. Those are skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. From that perspective, I think the games exceeded even my biggest expectations."

"That's always been one of the more amusing things about running Swirve. I tell people I have thousands of people who think I'm great (moreso in the past than now!), and thousands who absolutely hate me. It's certainly a unique experience and interesting to see the kind of feedback that comes with that.

But overall, I try to keep a distance from it. I've always wanted the game to stand on its own and be more about the players than it is about me. I didn't always succeed with that, but it was the reason I tried to avoid some of the more me-centric things that people suggested at times."

---------------------

Yea, the above really sounds like a guy who hated the community.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 06-11-2009 at 06:58.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    Oh yeah, please post some of the bull**** interviews he had, which are either fake or he was just naturally lying through his teeth.

Plus, i have no doubt he actually liked the community in the first few years, back then not every angry kid had internet you know...

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Wrong, johnnyk.

The only reason Mehul stopped running the game is because the player base started decreasing.

He loved the community, and he knew the community is what made the game special.
    the more i see your posts - the more it seems - you are dog who barks and barks and barks

woofwoof

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
    Oh yeah, please post some of the bull**** interviews he had, which are either fake or he was just naturally lying through his teeth.
    Oh ok, so now you're calling Mehul a liar, right. Check the coffee shop thread in these forums and it'll show how much of a liar Mehul is, look at the reviews of his business, and look at the reviews of the employees there, you cannot achieve that by not giving a **** about the 'customers'.

Plus, i have no doubt he actually liked the community in the first few years, back then not every angry kid had internet you know...
    Then why did he not change from the first few years compared to the last few years, everything he did in respect to communicating with the community remained the same. He never responded to the forums and to e-mails in any of the years the game was up and running, but that certainly does not mean 'he didn't give a **** about the community'.

Oh and you really think he didn't give a **** about the game? Yeah that's why whenever the game got fked up, he was sleeping in right? Wrong, he was on his computer trying to fix it until it was fking fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    the more i see your posts - the more it seems - you are dog who barks and barks and barks

woofwoof
    Yeah, and the more I see your posts the more I think you're an idiot troll that has nothing useful to say whatsoever.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Oh ok, so now you're calling Mehul a liar, right. Check the coffee shop thread in these forums and it'll show how much of a liar Mehul is, look at the reviews of his business, and look at the reviews of the employees there, you cannot achieve that by not giving a **** about the 'customers'.

Then why did he not change from the first few years compared to the last few years, everything he did in respect to communicating with the community remained the same. He never responded to the forums and to e-mails in any of the years the game was up and running, but that certainly does not mean 'he didn't give a **** about the community'.

Oh and you really think he didn't give a **** about the game? Yeah that's why whenever the game got fked up, he was sleeping in right? Wrong, he was on his computer trying to fix it until it was fking fixed.
    And you wanted him to put up some bad reviews?

How the hell did everything remain the same in terms of community?
    At the start he played his own game, he responded to the support mail himself and he actually paid visits to the forum... what are you talking about?

Like i said, he fixed it because he had principles, that's why he didn't close it down also.

Post Fiend
    LOL..im sure a lot of you wouldnt be saying half the stuff you do if you had to face someone.
    To Err Is Human To Forgive Divine

thats true

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by feebee View Post
    LOL..im sure a lot of you wouldnt be saying half the stuff you do if you had to face someone.
    What ?

[Edit]
    Nevermind :D

he means.. in real life we drink beer and take a smoke, if we meet eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    If, when they get around to taking an in depth look at Utopia the asset to see what can be done with it they see a community of foul mouthed assholes who do nothing but curse and swear at the folks who run the game they might very well decide that they just dont want those people around to taint their other games.
    Dude, you don't know ****. People are the same everywhere. This community here are presented with ****ty experience they become "foul mouthed assholes who do nothing but curse and swear". Their community if presented with the same thing would also become "foul mouthed assholes who do nothing but curse and swear", so... Go kill yourself or something.

Johnny, perhaps you're right, and Mehul did hate the community, but you said it yourself, at least he had principles.

Wtf does OMAC have?
    "Let's face it people, atleast OMAC puts up with your ****, mehul couldn't ****ing stand you."
    More like ignoring our **** over putting up with it.

And you wanted him to put up some bad reviews?
    yelp.com is a public site with real people making real reviews...
    Last edited by KuhaN; 06-11-2009 at 07:49.

this game started to go downside - when the cheating started to expand

the more can cheat and bring in people to kd-s - for replacement for babysit etc - the more idiots joi nthe game.
    honourful players.. intelligent players just quit - cause they see the majority which kicks in - tells too much f-words and are just an agressive kids who have had tough life in past and now they have the place where to put steam ot.

i ahvent met idiots - who are having streetfights outside the game.. but have noticed - the most agressive players - as attitude - are from the repressed countries .. anger and lust for payback.. jsut to do anythign to have win

US must be a repressed country.

Thread Information