Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this our new home?

Forum Fanatic
    Even mentioning that crap game here is promoting it to a extent so Jobolob stop acting like a Nub and hush.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    All of this UK talk makes me want to go harass their forums.
    LMAO Yeah you would probably get the big Heave Hooooooooo.

Krozair I understand what you're saying and the perspective. For me I don't care one bit about their perspective or wallets or those they employ nor their bottom line, dead relatives and pets.

I think we ALL know what getting jerked around feels like and in case you have forgotten try logging in. ;)
    SnooZzZZzzage

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Even mentioning that crap game here is promoting it to a extent so Jobolob stop acting like a Nub and hush.
    No I read posts, and actually reply related to what they are posting. Its called not being a dickhead, and not flaming for the sake of flaming.

Maybe you should stop being a nub and do the same thing. Your flames do nothing for your character. You just dont pull it off well enough.
    - = Paintrain = -

@ Krozzair

what makes business sense in promoting something to a large group of people, when those people have been vocal and adamant about how horrible it is ?

Also, if you have a product (or service) that is supported by many.. and a product (or service) that is supported by few... (pure numbers here) which would you, as a business person, want to promote ?

Lets move on to ... one game has been long standing, and even though its current playerbase is much smaller than it was in the past, still has a large following, and another game, that is a carbon copy of 2 previously failed game archtypes, which would you promote ?

its all about numbers, and in this instance, the people in charge have not been following the numbers... they've been following a puff of smoke.

Utopia is a successful game, with a large enough player base that it could be promoted by advertising, and by the players themselves..
    UK is a failed game, with a pretty small player base, that even with promotions, is still continuing to fail.
    Yet the successful game, gets pushed off and mostly ignored (mostly here.. not entirely.. S&B are at least doing something... i think) whereas the failed game gets all the funding and support from the owners... This kind of treatment makes absolutely no sense to me, or anyone i've spoken to with any amount of business knowledge or sense... hell it doesnt even make a bit of sense to people i've talked to who know nothing of business.... random . person sees no sense in the way the utopian community and the game of utopia have been treated by Jolt/Omac over the past 13 months......
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

@Thunder TA - if you have something constructive to add I will look forward to reading it...

@ Nobody... I hope to god you are right - I honestly do... It is because of the way that this community has been treated, along with the other points I made, that raises the possibility... Look at the Swirve website and then compare it to the Jolt website and it's easy to see where the effort and money has gone...

Like Jobolob I am hoping that we get positive news... but...really, for all of the talk of things being done the reality is we only get fed tidbits from jolt... and in very many cases it is hard to stomach the crap and dribble coming out.. how do we know S&B are working on the code... oh that's right jolt is telling us they are...

I also like your point about the game being promoted - seriously if they do revive this fantastic game then I hope that the suggestions area is full of positive practical ways to promote new blood into the game - because that - and only that will ensure the long term survival of the game....
    Laughter IS the best medicine - always

I like that you're trying to look at the bigger picture, but if the bigger picture requires falling down to a great low, such as supporting Fake Utopia, then I'm going to have to kindly pass on this suggestion (even if it saves Utopia).

I'd prefer it if the community recreated Utopia, which seems like the best thing to do now anyways.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I will never play a game where you must pay to get to the top.
    I'm not from the sms-who-cares-about-money generation.
    UK is horrible.

There's no game like Utopia, and I'm not going to play any surrogate crap game like UK that's based on other games and lacks originality. I've tried it and dislike it.
    If I had the money and the knowhow I'd support a reacreation of the original game. But it seems to be doomed anyway.
    I would like to ask the community to make a stand though, and boycot any of the other games by omac. Don't play it. We mean so little to them, if they want us to play something else, then we show them we can and look for alternatives elsewhere outside this s***hole.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    In reply to the first post made for this topic. Would never happen. They would lose an unbelievable amount of players. I would put money on it.

They would instantly lose probably 3/4 of the player base. I havent even look at the front page of UK because I knew it was going to be complete and utter ****. It has proven to be, by the sheer fact they have practically nobody playing it. So if they tried to force that on me, then you immediately write up 25 people because my kingdom wont play UK.

Sorry kids, but I will have to admit it...

... I started playing ogame again because I had no utopia to contend with the whole weekend.

EDIT
    PS: ogame is the original game UK/Klan Wars was ripped from.
    Last edited by Asakura; 09-11-2009 at 12:11.
    Go, Star Adder;
    You are the stalker, the hunter, the killer.
    Your prey stands before you;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior
    --The Rememberence Star Adder,
    Passage 5, Verse 17, Lines 20 - 24

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I have been playing a game online... im enjoying just being able to click on stuff lol

Sorry kids, but I will have to admit it...

... I started playing ogame again because I had no utopia to contend with the whole weekend.

EDIT
    PS: ogame is the original game UK/Klan Wars was ripped from.
    OGame is a great game. Huge player base. If you look for a good alternative, it would be my first suggestion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edenbeast View Post
    OGame is a great game. Huge player base. If you look for a good alternative, it would be my first suggestion as well.
    Except the gameplay being similar to UK (or the other way round) is extremely retarded. Not as bad as UK, but still. I quit after losing some 400 BSs, 1k Crs and 4k LFs back in '05. And no it did not give me a moon.
    Go, Star Adder;
    You are the stalker, the hunter, the killer.
    Your prey stands before you;
    Show them the way
    of the True Warrior
    --The Rememberence Star Adder,
    Passage 5, Verse 17, Lines 20 - 24

Except the gameplay being similar to UK (or the other way round) is extremely retarded. Not as bad as UK, but still. I quit after losing some 400 BSs, 1k Crs and 4k LFs back in '05. And no it did not give me a moon.
    Yup, the other way around :P UK is the uninspired crap. But yeah, I know what you mean. It happens once in a while and you forget to send out and protect your fleet. That is one reason why Utopia is still my favorite game, above anything else. OGame, Orkfia, Dark Valley, Syrnia... you name it. I've tried quite a few. Unfortunately, Dark Valley was only shortlived.. It had a refreshing gameplay. Good fun to play and could have made me quit utopia in the long run if it hadn't been taken down.

Thread Information