Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwarf/Artisian is the DOMINANT race, play it

its vines posting. he doesnt deserve real replies as he will troll them himself. get a clue.

I have to agree with Pandawarriah & Dreamwalker

WELL SAID!

Time and again the truculent and egregiously myopic 'oldies' just try to put everyone down. For no purpose than blowing their own trumpet. I'm fed up with these forums full of "you're wrong & I'm right" posts. We were all new once. Show some understanding!

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAME and what puts new players off then GO AND LOOK IN A MIRROR!

Enthusiast
    dwarf/artisan is not the best combo. it is only the best combo for lazy people

human/artisan has insane potential, as does avian/tactician

try putting 2 cohesive things together, then think about it

BE isnt the most important thing in this game, it still comes down to whether or not you can deal more damage than you take
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
    -Albert Einstein

human tactician is teh nuts
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Banned
    Dwarf Artisan is powerful with being able to have a large army that is very effective and fast. It's every thing you want an attacker to be. However a human tactician can very much hold his own. The human has +15 to income that means he or she can have +15% more military. Also with the tactician's -30% to military wages that means he can have 30% more military. The -30% to military draft means it is more doable for the tactician to draft at higher draft rates. The extra credits one gets from being a tactician also mean they have to put less gc into buildings so that means they can use that money on building their army. What all this means is a human tactician can have a huge ass army. Far bigger than any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    dwarf artisan is powerful with being able to have a large army that is very effective and fast. It's every thing you want an attacker to be. However a human tactician can very much hold his own. The human has +15 to income that means he or she can have +15% more military. Also with the tactician's -30% to military wages that means he can have 30% more military. The -30% to military draft means it is more doable for the tactician to draft at higher draft rates. The extra credits one gets from being a tactician also mean they have to put less gc into buildings so that means they can use that money on building their army. What all this means is a human tactician can have a huge ass army. Far bigger than any other race.
    +1,
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Vines makes me feel better about myself, yet worry about the outside world.

the numbers don't exactly work how vines explained them 65% draft *1.3*1.15=97.5% draft... though his general idea is fairly sound, and makes alot of sense.

Post Fiend
    I think DE will work even better than..

With tog (40-70% of income per hour), it means 40-70% more military! Oh wait, that means i can hit above 100% draft?

JK... the numbers don't work out like that, what he says makes sense that tactician is able to refill his troops faster. That was the intention, tactician replenish losses faster while warrior reduce losses.
    Last edited by Priel; 27-01-2010 at 04:17.

Enthusiast
    Not a single mention about Dwarf/Artisans Guard Stations...

Run 20% GS and lose >>>41%<<< less land even if your BE drops to 130%

losses reduction can only help so much, the leet thing about warrior is the atk time, and massacres.
    I think human arts > dwarfs.

First of all: Kudos to skippy888 and Dreamwalker for the support, you shouldn't have to read 4 messages of whine for every constructive post there is, no need to derail posts.

On topic:
    well what's good about the attacktime when every dorf has fog on them? it's not like MV will be a constant option, or so I'm guessing. also, dorfs are almost as strong as mystic wizdraftingwise. after bonuses from science and lowered B/E due to draft, you should be able to have at atleast 150 B/E, this takes you near the cap effeciency of buildings without much effort. I guess you could say the strength in dorf/partysan is about their diversity rather than in their direct military strength - you don't have buildings costs and you build quite fast, so you're able to adapt your strategy more or less limitless.

as for human tactician, it does seem good, the only concern is the fireballs, but you can work around that.

Post Fiend
    top kd again WILL BE darkelf/artisan...

Why.... because an explorer can not keep up with a mage. definitely with 30% "strength" and "effectiveness"

If acres do not come from the explore pool. You'll see top kd come oop round 1.7k acres with alot of pezzies sitting on a beautiful b/e and tog cast...

BUT I WILL SAY we are going to see some HUGE "BANKS" this age! loving the changes!
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Post Fiend
    I think we will see 7 of top 10 kingdoms an alliance and darkelves sitting LAND FAT like hell and using that and tog to the best advantage towards pumping them leets in...

Going to see something like this...

#1 kd - 48-62 mil (all de's)
    #2 kd - 37 mil (all de's) both two part of an alliance
    #3 kd - 32 mil (1 human/tactician 24 dwarf/artisans pumping)
    #4 kd - 30 mil (1 gnome/shep and 24 human/sheps)
    #5 kd - 12 mil
    #6 kd - 11 mil
    #7 kd - 11 mil

these tops kd's not counting 5-7 and so on are going to be chaining the world of utopia!!
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Dwarves Artisan are good for lower to mid level kingdoms. High homes on this combo is just plain inefficient btw (@vines). Since this combo depends solely on high building multiplier, you will lose out your advantages when trading acres in war. Besides, insane BE/GS wont prevent you from a larger orc (stronger kd) double tapping you oow. Anyway, other race combos are strong too except gnome. At least give them no food needed or some sort.
    Last edited by Lkylo3; 27-01-2010 at 09:12.

Thread Information