Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of these tips are incorrect?

Post Fiend

How many of these tips are incorrect?

Here is a lovely post from my kingdom forum. Pro-tips from some angry dude. Looking for advice/commentary on which ones you agree with, and which tips are just blatantly incorrect.

We are in a war, and we are winning.

"Hi to all those who are doing the following wrongly, please correct it before we realize we are all broke and losing. (I notice no thread was put up about this)

WAGES set it at 100% now... 200% should only be prewar and not during war...

DRAFT is at aggressive MAX, not emergency...

SCIENCE is OFF

NO ELITES ARE TO BE TRAINED (I already mentioned this before...) only spects... AND ONLY USING CREDITS.... Those idiots spending millions on their def spects are really war spoilers....

NO BUILDINGS ARE TO BE BUILD (unless using credits) (whats the point of waiting 14 days for a building when it takes ~12 days to get back and ~14 days to build making ~26-28 days... and the war is over in 72?)

UNDERPOP. Obviously have L&P on...

INSPIRE ARMY should always be on... if its off your an idiot...

MAGIC SHIELD is always on... if its off your medium idiot...

PROTECTION is always on... if its off your a big idiot...

PATRIOTISM should NOT BE ON... if its on your an idiot cause obviously you won't have the money to pay for your solds during the war when money is either spread around or spent on the dragon... and your daily doesn't override the draft rate of aggressive...

Please rob for money and pezzys ^^...

OKAY GUYS GET RICH and those guys who have been making us poor screw you and wake up your idea... I ain't losing this war... "
    Last edited by Palem; 02-09-2011 at 17:49. Reason: obsentities changed

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The only one I really disagree with is the buildings one.

I prefer wages at 150%
    I like to keep science turned on if I can. Usually just at minimum or so, but science is science.
    The leets thing is kind of situational.

That said, you are responsible for what you post, even if you're quoting someone else...

I draft normal + pat rather than aggr, depending on income. There is no point to ever having 200% wages if you go back down to 100% when war starts, might as well have saved the gc. Palem is right, leet training is situational. I never turn off science unless it's the difference between paying troops and not paying troops, run minimal during war you generally won't even notice it.
    Last edited by DHaran; 02-09-2011 at 18:29.
    S E C R E T S

I'd run a lower draft rate with Pat active. You'll draft almost as many soldiers but at a lower cost per soldier. Pat also offers a little protection against Prop
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend

Whoops

Forgot to remove his colourful language, thanks for editing.

I told him that I set science to the lowest level, and tried to explain that I often set draft to normal rate and use patriotism instead of agressive. He has now gone on a three page rant about how we are all newbs and if you argue with him you must be trying to destroy the kingdom.

Maybe linking him to this post, where experienced players have shared opinions will help him understand...

Tell him I said he's a nub.
    S E C R E T S

Forum Fanatic
    "WAGES set it at 100% now... 200% should only be prewar and not during war..."

wrong,If you go in at 200% stay there.What crazy idea is it to lower your ME 24 hours into war when it all takes effect.May as well have a dragon on you.If you are going to lower it do it the 1st hour war ends and rebuild with lower wages.Then raise it back before you leave protection

"DRAFT is at aggressive MAX, not emergency..."

i do Normal + Pat

"SCIENCE is OFF"

Min.at best for me.depends on the province sometimes and chains

"NO ELITES ARE TO BE TRAINED (I already mentioned this before...) only spects... AND ONLY USING CREDITS.... Those idiots spending millions on their def spects are really war spoilers...."

Guess hes never player Halfer

"NO BUILDINGS ARE TO BE BUILD (unless using credits) (whats the point of waiting 14 days for a building when it takes ~12 days to get back and ~14 days to build making ~26-28 days... and the war is over in 72?) "

raises BE ,Was a good strat when barren land went first when attacked

"UNDERPOP. Obviously have L&P on...

INSPIRE ARMY should always be on... i

MAGIC SHIELD is always on...

PROTECTION is always on... "

can agree on those

"PATRIOTISM should NOT BE ON... if its on your an idiot cause obviously you won't have the money to pay for your solds during the war when money is either spread around or spent on the dragon... and your daily doesn't override the draft rate of aggressive..."

If your not spending money on buildings and not on elites then you should have gc sitting for soldiers.Most steal money for dragons from the other kingdom anyway.Dont know where hes going with all of his no build no training stuff

"Please rob for money and pezzys ^^..."

Shouldnt have to do either for your province unless your chained heavy,or funding dragons and the other kingdom has no gc left.More fun to fools gold and fireball tho

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Veteran
    WAGES <-- disagree

DRAFT <-- agree

SCIENCE <-- agree

NO ELITES ARE TO BE TRAINED <-- agree except for orcs
    AND ONLY USING CREDITS.... <-- agree if dragon is unfunded, once dragon is funded train more

NO BUILDINGS ARE TO BE BUILD (unless using credits) <-- agree

UNDERPOP. Obviously have L&P on... <-- agree

INSPIRE ARMY should always be on... <-- agree

MAGIC SHIELD is always on... <-- agree

PROTECTION is always on... <-- sortof agree. If ur offline have it on, but if ur watching your screen you could try to bounce someone by casting right before u get hit.

PATRIOTISM should NOT BE ON.. <-- strongly disagree

Please rob for money and pezzys <-- probly agree, depends on the situation

----
    Whether I agreed 100% with that person or not I wouldn't want him as a kd-mate, he sounds like an asshole.
    Last edited by Lead Pipe; 02-09-2011 at 19:02.

Protection should be off so you can MP bounce people!
    Pat should be on to prot from propaganda!

He is incorrect on all accounts. The game is not so simple, i can think of a situation where it would be right to have 50 percent wages in war, as well as situations where u should be building all ur land, and even situations where u dont need all those spells casted, etc etc. The game is complicated.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 03-09-2011 at 01:35.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    "Protection should be off so you can MP bounce people!"

completely wrong call if you consider what type of player you're talking to. otherwise, yes.

There is a majority of the time type of situations in uto though kuhan. I agree with you but id add something like MOS of the time you don't wanna have science on for instance.

And I'm sry but if you don't build land when you ae gtting chained, you're an idiot lol
    Icy 4 8

True lol, i was just trying to act like a smart ass ;)
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

/me wars Kuhan

lol
    Icy 4 8

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Bring it :)

Thread Information