Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Waving with 2 dragons...

i was just saiyan bout the french. i said nothing bout my missuses of english :-P
    Icy 4 8

Saiyan? KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
    "There's no Knowledge that's not Power."

exactly. my grammar is over 9000 when it comes right down to it.
    Icy 4 8

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    9000 words? Not bad for a Boko! ;)

This thread was on topic for a total of 9 posts. There have since been 71 posts of complete nonsense.

The mods here are just a bunch of slackers.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The mods here are just a bunch of slackers.
    +1. Bunch of overpaid idiots if you ask me.

Please don't flame the mods or I will be forced to report you both to TG.
    S E C R E T S

9000? How many languages?

DHaran, be a mod...
    "There's no Knowledge that's not Power."

i am a boko, not to be confused with a baka. i control the undead with my voodoo powers :-P
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    dharan i highy disagree. The point is becuase , if one likes warrying, one just hits kd after kd whether they are better or worse or equal to you.
    The problem with trying to war kds that are at your own level is that it will lead to 3 wars only. Same level is an extremely subjective thing. And the result of doing this, is planning a war like 1 or 2 weeks in advance.
    So what happens a lot in kds between top 60 and top 30, in that range, and might reflect other sizes too, is that kds will spend weeks getting ready, waiting for everyone in their kd to be active, and wanting to fight at their 100%. And the enemy kd is going to do the same. And you know what happens between the time you say you want to war each other and the actual war?

REALITY happens. Maybe someone starts feeding from you, or a players mom died, or whatever.
    I really never see any war here posted where the loser doesnt say " oh well it was a great war, we did havce a little inactivity in our part or whatever" . Its always excuses. But they say. " this is not an excuse of course, but we got waved by another kd before the war started "

You know wanting to battle kds at your own level means to sit and wait and in the meantime your kds inactivity drops , or someones mom dies, or you get fed from a kd twice your size ,
    You wanna be safe , war non stop , trash others, whether they are at your level or not, this is all about keeping your kingdom tight, united and alive.

I hear a lot of ppl say that winning a war against a kd that was better than your own is very rewarding and so on, and that losing a war against a better enemy is better than winning a war against a bad kd.
    BS , when you lose you lose and you are a loser. IT doesnt make you a coward to bash ppl under your skill level, thats all subjective points of view, id like to point out also that objectivity is something that does not exist either.

So anyway, trashing bad kds is a great opportunity to make your kd better. This thing that you get better from fighting kds at your level and winning hard battels is the only way to make you better is BS.
    I will explain why.
    You fight a kd at your lvl, i think many ppl here have done it, and those who have won, tell me if its not true that the war was won out of having balls, out of being resiliant, never giving up, and foremost having the will power and commintment of keeping this feeling of " FIRST DEAD THAN LOSE". When a kingdom commits intself into dying before losing, and giving it all out, most of the time things will happen by themselves.
    Im sure many here have experienced that attacks were not done as planned, and some ops were weird, maybe you couldnt log in and send your army out on time, but after 5 or 6 hours, you see that the random things that happened were for the better, and that even when the plan was not excecuted 100% , out of the will power of all the people in the kd together with the sole porpouse of winning makes magic happens.
    So this magic comes out from will.

Now what can you learn out of fighting a kd better than you, mostly that will power will give you the victory, and after the war you will be too drained and ehausted to analize the chains the attacks the ops, pretty much one tends to bury this in the past and just keep the feeling of virctory, the feeling of " we won a hard battle".

And im sorry but that doesnt make you better, it will come a time when you face a kd who is tactically superior to you, and as much will power and effort and activity you put into it, as much as your attackers hit day after day from left to right, when you give you 100% and lose against a better kd, due to bad strategy, giving out bad targets and so on, you will be again emotionally depleted and too tired to know what went wrong, and just say " we did our best, we fought a hard war, and we lost against a better enemy" . You will be too tired to try to figure out why you lost, but maybe the losing against a better kingdom is a better way to learn than winning against an equual kingdom.

On the other hand, winning against a bad kingdom, IMO is the fastest, safest and best way to learn , IF you do it properly. Ill explain .

From my personal experience in dozens of computer strategy games, board games , pen and paper games, and real life jobs, i can tell you that when your head is cool and theres no rush on you, you can examine and see whats what.

In utopia this translates like this,

The fear of losing the war, doing the wrong move, giving away bad orders and looking bad is terrible. Ive never felt it myself though since ive never lost, hahahahahqahahhahahaha, its true man . And you know, the thing in utopi is that everyone will tell if you are giving good or bad orders, by the results one achieves.

For example, i myself in my many wars and when being a monarch, have had to deal with players that do not agree at all with anything i say. Pretty much like when we have the high home arguments , where everyone says im wrong , and so on, now imagine if as a monarch i propose a plan , and no one follows it because they think its stupid.

Lets say for example, thati want to test raze attacks in war. Of course since everyone in the forums say that raze sucks, and thats the general opinion about raze in war. If i give the order to my attackers , to do 10 razes on a province, this will lead that maybe only 5 razes will be done, due to the fact that ppl think that they know better, and that wasting attacks in raze sucks and they will do what they think is best, lack of discipline and commitment can result in a disastrous thing.
    And this is when easy wars come in. You know after 1 day of war, that you will win, and you know that the enemy might surrender in the minimum time. So what you do is disctract them.

What is it that will keep the enemy kd from surrendering while you test your freaky plans? Well you make them happy!
    And what makes a kd more happy than having them feel like they have a small chance, or having them having fun!

This translates to having 2 or 3 of your guys suiciding so most enemy provinces can perform their chains on you, and you keep suiciding and htey keep chaining you, and the rest of the kd can do the attacks needed.

In this manner you can have an inferior kd hooked up fighting you, they go beserk, and then you order the 10 razes to try wtf .
    And that goes for massacre too.

In the ghetto, 80% of the kingdoms , will not try any other attack in war other than trad march, because they have never done anything else, and those who have done massacres and razes in war, will not be listened to.
    Why? becaue you know ppl think they already know everything about the game and wont try new things.
    But once they see the results of 10 massacres that bring a province from 180 NWPA to 110 NPA, and once they see that 80% of the enemy province buildings were destroyed after the 10th raze, they will be like " FUK". Fuk trad march man, if the aim is not to grow land

then lets raze 10 times some punk, and overpop him.

We have tested the following many times , I might be wrong but these are my assumptions:

For those of you who have done raze in war, the minimum % of buildings destroy is 10% of the players land.
    So even if the enemy is 1000 acres, and he only has 300 built acres, a raze will effectively destroy 100 acres of built land.
    It will not destroy 10% of the 300 acres built , which would be 30 acres burnt .

As for massacre, its just a devastating thing to do, 10 attack on any province whether tm or attacker will trash it.

And this are all things that one can safely test in a war against a kd that sucks, and it will make you way better than any other option.
    This is why Baiting ghettos into farm wars , first of all is a hard thing to do and an accomplishment, but after that, go and test things that you dont know , like doing propaganda, fireballing ns, get your tm to test their spells, see what works.

Against undeads i have found that massacring them 4 or 5 times and then ns the crap out of them kills their offense way more than doing dumb ambushes, everyone here says " wow you ahve to ambush undeads" When ambushing undeads at an acre size of 1000-1600 , you get to kill like 200 or 300 elites per ambush, im sorry but 300 leets? if you have the extra army go for it, but im sorry from what ive seen using ambushes to kill leets is a waste if you can afford doing a raze or a massacre iinstead, of if you can ambush a lot of land go for it, but to use it for killing leets , in the ghetto is just sucks

Now this is of course very controvertian subject and everyoen has their point of view, im just talking about our own personal experience when dealing with the undead, after 7 wars in the age that just ended, i sat and red each and every of the attackers ambushes, and the number of leets that they killed was schit.
    Even wit hpitfalls and eme dragon on. so.

Anyway my point was that warrying inferior kds is the best way to learn how to play the game and gain a lot of confidence .
    Once you know what your armies are capable of , its going to be a lot easier than give away targets and win wars with ease.
    Omg 2 funny.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    I cant do that anymore im not 16 anymore, but when i was under 20, id kick your ass in aany game just because icould play it 16 hours straight.
    Rofl. Oh man, you're gold.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

its all true i played like an addict
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

Thread Information