Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: halfling cleric

Because halfling is designed to be able to attack if it wants and Faery isn't.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Fiend
    But the idea of what I said stands. I don't see why Halfer/Cleric can't be thrown in the same pile as Feary/Cleric. Both races have bonuses that do not work well with Cleric.
    Halfling is perfect for cleric. Halfling can't have hospitals. Halflings really want hospitals because of fast attack times. Cleric gives halfling 28% hospitals. Massive problem solved.

Regular
    You should think seriously about merchant personality with any race, due to income bonus you can retrain more troops than cleric pers saves; even if you war a lot it helps with dragons/riots; you don't attack within 3-4 days of postwar cf; you can pump/train 30-60% faster than cleric or rogue with your income (you train with 'Net Change' but +30% income bonus affects 'Daily Income').

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Because halfling is designed to be able to attack if it wants and Faery isn't.
    Dwarf is designed to be able to be a mage if it wants (btw, very bad way of putting it :P). Yet I don't see you saying Dw can pick Mystic and be the optimal choice for a/M.

Similarly, you don't take a race designed to be thief with minor attacker role, pick Heavy Attacker personality, and expect it to be the optimal choice for A/t.
    Last edited by Danrelle; 12-11-2011 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by War II View Post
    You should think seriously about merchant personality with any race, due to income bonus you can retrain more troops than cleric pers saves; even if you war a lot it helps with dragons/riots; you don't attack within 3-4 days of postwar cf; you can pump/train 30-60% faster than cleric or rogue with your income (you train with 'Net Change' but +30% income bonus affects 'Daily Income').
    Merchant is a horrible personality in war, theyre so easily exploited. Especially worse for halflings.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Faery/cleric makes absolutely no sense, why would you ever attack with a faery? Halfer/cleric makes sense because it negates their drawback, no hospitals. How are you even comparing the two?

If youre trying to think of bad combos with cleric, ud/cleric is up there. If you do go undead, then rogue is not a bad choice

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Merchant is a horrible personality in war, theyre so easily exploited. Especially worse for halflings.
    That's just somebody's multi account
    Last edited by kbone; 12-11-2011 at 16:37.

Post Fiend
    Dwarf is designed to be able to be a mage if it wants (btw, very bad way of putting it :P). Yet I don't see you saying Dw can pick Mystic and be the optimal choice for a/M.

Similarly, you don't take a race designed to be thief with minor attacker role, pick Heavy Attacker personality, and expect it to be the optimal choice for A/t.
    If you think halflings are restricted to minor attacking then you are very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    Because that's not the only a/M personality out there. Sage>Mystic for Dwarf unless you really need to be able to cast MS. Sage will have a higher WPA than Mystic, and since Dwarf doesn't have the extra mana of Elf they don't really need the double towers bonus.

I've said this before: Would you rather have 125k offense with 15k in training over 19 hours or 100k offense with 45k incoming? That's the difference between Cleric and Merchant. Yes, Merchant can train more, but Cleric doesn't need to retrain nearly as many. Actually, for Halfers it is exactly 1/2 as many (not so with other races due to the fact that they would have otherwise run hospitals.)
    Last edited by Ordray; 12-11-2011 at 23:51.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Would you rather have 125k offense with 15k in training over 19 hours or 100k offense with 45k incoming? That's the difference between Cleric and Merchant.
    I played halfling/rogue last age and halfling/merchant this age. I can tell you numbers which I have, with 150k mod off attack in aggressive stance I lost `1500 troops, in war it should be `1000 troops, so cleric will save you 2-3k troops in war for 2k land province, it does not look like a cool war advantage 8) with rogue personality you can steal 3-4 times more enemy troops in case of propaganda op.

In general as a merchant you will have better/pumped/trained province before start of war with higher modwpa/modtpa/modopa/modpa than cleric or rogue. Even if you are total newbie (like myself) you will be cool with merchant (15% banks + any kind of rainbow is all you need). You can be ready for next war within 3 days; you can pump sci at Rushed/Extreme Rate.

Enthusiast
    no sooner do I open my big mouth about Halfer/Cleric, than I hear about Halfer/Clerics in respectable warring kds...

Meh.. I still think going Cleric is a miss on Halfer. But that's just me it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by War II View Post
    I played halfling/rogue last age and halfling/merchant this age. I can tell you numbers which I have, with 150k mod off attack in aggressive stance I lost `1500 troops, in war it should be `1000 troops, so cleric will save you 2-3k troops in war for 2k land province, it does not look like a cool war advantage 8) with rogue personality you can steal 3-4 times more enemy troops in case of propaganda op.

In general as a merchant you will have better/pumped/trained province before start of war with higher modwpa/modtpa/modopa/modpa than cleric or rogue. Even if you are total newbie (like myself) you will be cool with merchant (15% banks + any kind of rainbow is all you need). You can be ready for next war within 3 days; you can pump sci at Rushed/Extreme Rate.
    Did u know most (i want to say all but ill include the ghettoest) kds only war when theyre prepared, aka looking for war? So that negates ur entire second argument. In war, the only thing that really matters is a.) how much damage u can deal and b.) how much damage u can prevent. Merchant deals 0 damage, rogue deal twice as many nstrikes, riots, rob monies, etc. Rogue also prevents thief ops by better mod tpas through better tds, and cleric obviously prevents a lot of losses (still a good combo with halfer, but rogue is the best imo), merchant on the other hand has more income (which does prevent damage by training more troops, etc) but that is so easily exploited; they are primary targets for fireballs, rob vaults, FG, napping, a few ns to kill soldiers, or chaining! If rogues get fireballed they can counter it by using their extra stealth to prevent it by kidnapping, stealing runes, etc. Last war (i play in a mid tier warring kd) the other kd had 1 or 2 merchants, and we stole most of their money. End of story. The only two exceptions would be if youre a bank in war, or youre an unbreakable in war with solid wpa/tpa. And im sorry kbone, i just couldnt help replying!
    Last edited by KuhaN; 14-11-2011 at 09:56.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Did u know most (i want to say all but ill include the ghettoest) kds only war when theyre prepared, aka looking for war?
    So you mean when they are not prepared they are farms? Like, for long stretches of time, if not Merchant? Oh... that explains so much.

EDIT: Better economy does deal damage, no? I want to say that's what Dragons are for... but it should not resume to that. Rebuilding during Hostile, which grants aggressive bonuses during war. (like rebuilding rax) Retraining during Hostile, which gives more troops during war. I'm not sure you can claim Cleric does more damage than Merchant. The space you free up for more War buildings...

Saying that a personality is bad in War because there are methods to make it worse during War is faulty. The fact that you feel the need to damage it means that you are threatened by it, which means it's not a bad personality after all.
    Last edited by Danrelle; 14-11-2011 at 12:19.

That not what he said at all - read his post fully, his point is both obvious and correct.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Being ready for war all the time is a must, as you will know Bishop. Merchant helps with that, hugely. That can't be neglected.

That's one thing. On the other hand, Merchant is not weak during War. It does it's job during War as well and it's not an insignificant job at all. Posting that Merchant does 0 damage in war and therefore is weaker than all other Personalities is really quite confusing. It might lead ppl to believe that warring kds have no need for Merchants. Which is wrong, don't you think, Bishop?

I think you missed Kuhans point.

war ii: In general as a merchant you will have better/pumped/trained province before start of war with higher modwpa/modtpa/modopa/modpa than cleric or rogue.
    kuhan: Did u know most (i want to say all but ill include the ghettoest) kds only war when theyre prepared, aka looking for war? So that negates ur entire second argument.
    danrelle: kuhan is saying that non merchants are farms

People war when they are ready - merchant makes you ready faster maybe but it does not give you better numbers.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information