Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by kbone View Post
    If you saw the news and the provs involve it would seem "clear" to you. A bunch of provs from 50 something kingdoms who are all like 500 acres attack the same prov at the same time. That doesn't sound fishy to you?
    My point exactly. I don't see the news nor the provinces involved.

And my other point, just because something seems "fishy" doesn't justify deleting everyone involved...

Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    Article Title: Scripted Attacks lead to deletions

Scripted attacks? My kingdom logs onto IRC at the same time to wave, that's scripted. It's planned. PMing a bunch of ghettos to overtake a bank is just as plausible as someone defying all the current cheat-detecting systems. No?

Why do I need to see the proof? I thought the article would prove that there WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE who scripted over 50 accounts, circumventing all the current anti-cheating mechanisms, and successfully pwned a bank.

If there's no proof to support the fact that they were cheating, then they weren't cheating.

At face value, this article is a cool story about how Bishop logged online Sunday and deleted everyone because a top KD got pwned and reported the cheaters.

Proof adds substance to the article, and maybe even some credibility to those running the game.
    I can confirm that these provinces were all deleted as a result of breaking the games rules and were most likely scripted. I can't believe I had to do that.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    It was scripted provinces golfer, get over it dude. The only person that doesnt get the article is you. What is it that you are not getting?

If you have problems with the structure of something then ask for clarification I am ware I made a typo but there is only so many times I am going to proof read something. I dont get paid nor are my articles getting marked.... case in point being I will only go so far. I only care so much.

It was simply a report on what happened and it makes for some interesting reading rather than just publishing war articles all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    My point exactly. I don't see the news nor the provinces involved.

And my other point, just because something seems "fishy" doesn't justify deleting everyone involved...
    ROFL dude, it was OBVIOUS that those provs were scripted, nobody needs to put out any proof. If somehow a real player got deleted accidentally then all they have to do is open up a thread about it in the bugs thread. And manual deletions are probably the most accurate, because they are done through reason.

Bishop took time off to delete these scripted provs, and he should be thanked for it not *****ed at -.- Seriously, people these days...
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Where is Peppie? Someone needs to blame Romania
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    I know it's a bit a side topic, yet I have a question. Let's say you study and live during week in another city and spend the weekend back home with your parents. Is there a chanc e you will get deleted because of that? Because obviously the IP-adresses are different. Mind you, I'm talking about someone who isn't in top-kingdoms and is just playing to enjoy the game.

@Bukharistan
    Afaik thats not a problem, a problem would be when 2 provinces uses the same ip AND interact with each other. So if you and your bf/gf/sister/mother play from the same house/computer AND interact with each other (same kd/hit each other/ hit the same targets etc) then you get deleted. If one province logs from different ip's (up to some reasonable rate i guess), then there is no problem.

Possibilities:
    1 - 50 scripted provinces
    2 - 1 guy talked to 50 provinces and said "yo what up let's all bounce this guy" and they said "yaa ok, I don't really have anything better to do with my army lololol"
    3 - 1 guy talked to 100s of provinces and 50 of them said yes. Did you get a message from him? Or anyone else you know from utopia? I guess he probably didn't.
    4 - 50 provinces randomly decided to bounce the guy, some of them were like "oh ****, my attack worked, so cool!"

wow how could anyone just assume it was 50 scripted provinces, didn't they think of the other 3 possibilities??? jeez, I guess this site is run by a bunch of scrubs, golfer you should apply for president of utopia

HAHAHAHA! Whoever this tool was had way too much time! The solution is when creating an account do something to prove that you're human and not a robot (or do they have that? I forget!)

Quote Originally Posted by tpyo View Post
    Possibilities:
    1 - 50 scripted provinces
    2 - 1 guy talked to 50 provinces and said "yo what up let's all bounce this guy" and they said "yaa ok, I don't really have anything better to do with my army lololol"
    3 - 1 guy talked to 100s of provinces and 50 of them said yes. Did you get a message from him? Or anyone else you know from utopia? I guess he probably didn't.
    4 - 50 provinces randomly decided to bounce the guy, some of them were like "oh ****, my attack worked, so cool!"

wow how could anyone just assume it was 50 scripted provinces, didn't they think of the other 3 possibilities??? jeez, I guess this site is run by a bunch of scrubs, golfer you should apply for president of utopia
    It was later confirmed that these provinces were played by public proxies.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Postaholic
    A reporters job shouldn't be to conjecture, rather the reporter should interview someone (Bishop) about the validity of the circumstances.
    Anyone who claims this obviously is not up to date with the standards of journalism in world news in this day and age. It goes something like this:

1. Hear rumour
    2. Find random "expert" who actually has nothing to do with the purported rumor
    3. Get "expert" to make a wide and declarative statement based on 0 evidence and 100% conjecture that is backed by assumptions derived from world events or unreviewed studies.
    4. Expand on this statement to create the latest media sensationalised catastrophe.
    5. Win Pulitzer for fiction
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Postaholic
    There's also the part where this is a utopia forum. I don't think journalistic standards apply here.

sad

Regular
    Lets be clear about what happened to my prov Slutty Sundaes, i was not deleted, or i did not delete myself, realest and octobrev decided to hack my account after the bounce wave and after bishop brought me out of vacmode and release all my troops so they could intra raze me cause i couldn't defect for 24hrs since for some reason being in vac triggered the block on defecting, deleting, changing prov names etc. Get the facts straight in your article mad_scottish.
    Last edited by chandler; 10-11-2011 at 04:00.

Post Fiend
    I am quite sure that Bishop goes around deleting whoever the _____ he wants just to ruin the game that he and the rest of us play for fun.. just to piss off a couple of players that think they are getting it in the ____ because they can't be big boys and girls to play the game like the rest of us play and win.. they have to cheat.. sorry if this story bothers you.. then you just might be one yourself... check that are one yourself... cause if you are not then this is a great win for me cause i just moved up in the world by 50 points... horray for me.... so stick that in your smoke and pipe it....
    To avoid being bottom fead on.... be number one... if you can't do that then just expect it.. and plan for it build more offence... and kick their teeth in...

Thread Information