Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Kingdoms in the History of the Game.

Might as well just blow up the Hall of Fame then.
    S E C R E T S

kinda my point really :p

I think pe ople that obviously just created an account to write something has no right to an opinion.

Meh.

Regardless of whether im "allowed" an opinion or not to this hall of fame im just pointing out the "best" kd should be one that has done well without breaking the rules of the game

Post Fiend
    Freakstyle = Freeakstyle?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Trololololol View Post
    im just pointing out the "best" kd should be one that has done well without breaking the rules of the game
    While I certainly share your hate for previous cheatings, the fact remains that people like Sid and ASF and Jdorge would/will always be running the best kds. They wanted to win and they did what they had to do make that possible. There's no point in punishing the players for doing what was pretty much required of them.

Don't hate the player(s), hate the game.
    (never in my life thought this saying would be relevant lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Trololololol View Post
    Regardless of whether im "allowed" an opinion or not to this hall of fame im just pointing out the "best" kd should be one that has done well without breaking the rules of the game
    Just "cheating" ie trading dont make you win a crown, you really need to have a solid team and a solid leader to even achieve that. Without that it doesnt matter how much you cheat you would still lose.

i agree but trading certainly helps get that solid team together wouldnt u agree?
    Palem i do see your point i guess i was just expressing my personal view that i believe the hof is somewhat tarnished and that some kds may be overlooked simply as they played by the rules

why are we soiling this thread with the mentions of ghettos like sanctuary?

It's also silly to discount crowns by era or # of players. That's like saying we should diminish Russell and Chamberlain and Rocket Richard's crowns in basketball and hockey because the league at the time was small. Horrible argument.
    The End of an Era

Veteran
    a proper top 5 would read
    1. pansies
    2. brute
    3. EQ
    4. rage
    5. zeal

lol at seasons/sonata/evil dragons being on your list. you prove your lack of experience by putting those in your list realest!

brado, you put ZZ on your list you shouldnt really judge others ZZ has nothing to do on that list.

1) Brute Force

Whocares about #2?
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    why are we soiling this thread with the mentions of ghettos like sanctuary?

It's also silly to discount crowns by era or # of players. That's like saying we should diminish Russell and Chamberlain and Rocket Richard's crowns in basketball and hockey because the league at the time was small. Horrible argument.
    Size is less relevant than competition. Being the #3 scorer in the NHL in 98-99, for example, is more meaningful than being the #2 in most years. In fact, it's probably more or less as meaningful as being the #1 in most years, because it's generally accepted that Gretzky and Mario were abberations. I think you could make the same argument WRT Pansies. They dominated the competition so hard, in spite of it being for a brief period of time, that they are considered the best kd of all time, pretty much universally. On a different level, if you will.

I think folks will agree that competition in the 20s was substantially better than it is today. KDs, alliances, etc.

FWIW, there is pushback against some of the achievements during WWII in hockey, because a lot of the promising players were drafted or voluntered for the war -- and thus, not playing. It's not about size, it's about competition.
    Last edited by Zauper; 17-11-2011 at 21:58.

1. Secrets
    2. Vendetta
    3. Deliverance
    4. Franzia
    5. Ugly Bastards

The rest of you are nubs!!!

[/sarcasm]
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information