Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Anticheat Measure Going Live Today

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    Anyway, continue to insinuate that your customers are unreasonable and irrational. You're really winning over hearts and minds (and wallets) with that aggressive crap.
    You aren't my customer, I'm stating my opinion just like everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    ok? im not arguing that cheating should just go on, when i say DONT DO ANYTHING, i mean don't do this specific fix. The cheating needs to be stopped, but not at the expense of people not cheating
    If cheat detections were based on catering to every single scenario of every single legit player, you would end up with no system at all and a game full of cheaters.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    How about we stop bothering about how people are talking and stick with the issues?

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran
    You aren't my customer, I'm stating my opinion just like everyone else is.
    Your method and opinions are reflecting poorly on the company that bestowed you with a position of authority on this forum. Better? How did you even convince them to make you a moderator with that sort of manner?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    If cheat detections were based on catering to every single scenario of every single legit player, you would end up with no system at all and a game full of cheaters.
    Go and read my previous few posts. This system isn't fixing anything. That's my biggest problem. The cheaters we have now are pretty smart. Yes, you will get some small timers with this system. But nobody really cares about the small timers as they don't account for much. The kingdoms that are successfully cheating and getting away with it will continue to get away with it. These changes actually change nothing except putting non-cheaters out and stopping a few small timers from making a farm.

Well I don't xlog so it makes sense to why I don't know the best methods :p. This does help prove that they will still do what they're doing now though
    cheating of course still occur ... it almost blindly undetectable ... I have experience it against a lot of kd .... mostly in the mid-tier kd ... the top have been cleanse from their old habit and have been pure legit since the trading been openly accepted.

=) I hope that clear it up for ya =)

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Go and read my previous few posts. This system isn't fixing anything. That's my biggest problem. The cheaters we have now are pretty smart. Yes, you will get some small timers with this system. But nobody really cares about the small timers as they don't account for much. The kingdoms that are successfully cheating and getting away with it will continue to get away with it. These changes actually change nothing except putting non-cheaters out and stopping a few small timers from making a farm.
    I think you'd be surprised how many provinces Bishop currently deletes (manually I might add), and how this system will free up a whole lot of time for him to handle other issues. As always, the players involvement in anti-cheating is as important as ever, if you see something fishy, report it.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how many provinces Bishop currently deletes (manually I might add), and how this system will free up a whole lot of time for him to handle other issues. As always, the players involvement in anti-cheating is as important as ever, if you see something fishy, report it.
    I do report it, but i don't report when a wife logs a husband's account as that is small time stuff. If a whole kd is logging each others accounts that's one thing, but if it's just here and there by 2 people is it really worth losing players over?

And I appreciate what Bishop does for this game. It's people like him that keep the game alive. But this change actually hurts us more then helps us. If Bishop is going around manually deleting farms and now will be able to stop because of this change then guess what? More farms will exist because people are smart enough to trade farms with a friend. Those will now not get deleted. Thus, the problem just got worse.

If a whole kd is logging each others accounts that's one thing, but if it's just here and there by 2 people is it really worth losing players over?
    What's the point of having rules if you allow a privileged few to break them?
    S E C R E T S

Also, how could it be fair for everyone if any player could use VNC to achieve the same benefits as a physical couple playing together? Oh, I guess we just have rules that a privileged few who know about vnc can break.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I do report it, but i don't report when a wife logs a husband's account as that is small time stuff. If a whole kd is logging each others accounts that's one thing, but if it's just here and there by 2 people is it really worth losing players over?
    So let me get this straight...

"Couples" who are cheating and casually logging into each others accounts isn't a big deal. But implementing a system that stops the cheating and attempts to balance the unfair advantage they have, at perhaps the cost of some of these "couples" is a big deal?

Cheating is cheating is cheating. Go ahead and trade your farm with a friend. Don't come crying here when you're deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by loki EQ View Post
    Also, how could it be fair for everyone if any player could use VNC to achieve the same benefits as a physical couple playing together?
    What would you suggest? Allowing everyone to openly cheat because some people manage to get away with it? If one person manages to cheat its only fair to let everyone, right? You should strive to make the game fair for honest players, and make all efforts to end cheating.
    S E C R E T S

So, what you're saying is we must stamp out this plague even if many (most) can still get away with it, but forcing kingdoms to split up and punishing our kingdoms for doing nothing wrong is still justified for the tiny percentage of this tiny group that is cheating. Talk about a band-aid measure.

Post Fiend
    I give up, you guys clearly don't get it. Cheating is Cheating yea we get it. But you have to weigh the pros and cons. We're barely fixing anything here, and causing more problems then not.

If husbands and wives wish to continue playing with each other and know even a little bit about computers, they will continue to do so.... Just now they will have to cheat to do it. This changes nothing

More farms will exist because people are smart enough to trade farms with a friend. Those will now not get deleted. Thus, the problem just got worse.
    Just to verify, cause this guy stated it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    All our other anti-cheat systems are still in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You have lost me - this is a pretty simple process. Interactions are blocked, we still use our anti-cheat tools to detect people breaking the rules.
    Means they'd still get flagged right? If so it'll shorten this thread.

edit: nevermind he gave up

Post Fiend
    Exactly loki, they're successfully stopping 1% of the cheating that happens... at a cost of causing more then that to quit.

Thread Information