Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Simians Vs Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    You're wrong; I don't consider war wins meaningless. Many times sanc has stayed in war indefinitely to secure a win, including two wins over inzo last age. Sometimes people say "we won the war even though we withdrew" - this is simply incorrect. You can't redefine what "winning" means because the game already defines it - it's when you win. It's a shame that the game rewards losing, however, or more people would care about winning.

As for the kingdoms that want to land drop so that they can farm ghettos - shame on them.
    Lol you kidding? The first withdraw from us could be considered a loss. After hitting into fortified and you having the initial war waves and a bank, it was just a matter of time before we'd run out of troops. Knowing it wasn't over either way, we withdrew. After war you gave us button and we declared shortly after.
    That entire war, at no given moment, you had a chance of beating us. Our offence was still solid; solid enough to take down your larger dwarves, who where even turtling most of the war.
    Your cow was forced to turtle to avoid being taken down. At no time your cow supported your kingdom. Trade balance remained the same the entire war, nor did it assist slaying your dragon. The sole reason you warred us twice was because of your attempt to win province crown, as you had no chance of beating Rage in land/nw. We withdrew because we didn't want to reward you for sacrificing your kingdom for over 50k acres just to get your chance on.

The only thing that prevented your cow from not being farmed, was the fact you had diced all age, and we had been fighting a major part of the age, unable to build a solid number of wizards.

The first war can be considered slightly in your favor. The second was a clear loss for you. You'd have only won if we'd stay in war, farming more acres from you but on the downside giving you prov landcrown.

The only thing I'd like to add is that you guys are all massive geeks.

Rofl it's soooooooo funny how you guys all have the same mentality that wws are irrelevant to land/nw (which is true), yet you get so mad when some other kd beats you in war and brags about it in forums.

Clearly, wws is more important than being bigger than another kd. Do i remember what place sanct or inzzo finished last round? No, but i remember inzzo wding to sanct rofl.

The only exception is if you crowned obv.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    The only thing I'd like to add is that you guys are all massive geeks.

Nerds. Geeks collect transformers toys n shat. 40 year old virgin was a geek, but not a nerd.

Some people are crossing over to the turbo nerd category tho on here, which is almost as bad as geek imo.

Basically it's like this (nuahk got it pretty much right):

Whoring and losing wars feels like **** when you don't crown. Cuz then you are just a big kingdom who lost wars to ghettos. Crowning makes whatever wars you fought along the way meaningless, unless you won a war which got you the crown, which would be ideal.
    S E C R E T S

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedL View Post
    Afaik last time sanc went for a warring age they went 1-5 or 1-6? And their ud/myst strat proved great strategical insight.
    Who the hell would ever go undead mystic? Certainly not us. And undead is a growth race, not a warring race.

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    Who the hell would ever go undead mystic? Certainly not us. And undead is a growth race, not a warring race.
    Don't lie jd, you know UD/Mys is your favorite setup!

lol
    S E C R E T S

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    That entire war, at no given moment, you had a chance of beating us.
    How did we beat you then?

Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    We withdrew because we didn't want to reward you for sacrificing your kingdom for over 50k acres just to get your chance on.
    You people are seriously bad at math. Next time start watching the kingdom page instead of making numbers up.

[quote] Didn't know dicing required a ton of skills? Please enlighten...

First of all where did i say that it did?

It's a shame that there's such a segregation between the 'whoring' and the 'warring' community. To put it in to perspective though, I've warred HaJ kd's that had better activity and more coordination than Rage did.
    Blame the warring community, they are the ones always bragging about how they are awesome at warrring and people that whore dont know how to war. Its easy to talk big now when utopia is on its death bed :) Ghettos like yours think they are something cause they finally manage to get up higher in the charts

Am I saying those HaJ kd's are better than Rage? Surely not. But a good start would be to have the activity and coordination required to succeed given the right tactics.
    I think their history speaks for them, certainly was a high calibre kingdom.

But its nice that kingdoms like yours get your spot in the sunshine as well, inflate your egos a lil :)

LOUD NOISES!!!

I admit when I first started playing I thought the top kingdoms were unable to war and hid up at the top to feel better about themselves! This is obviously untrue! Kingdoms at the top are very active and know the game inside and out! They would be able to destroy 95% of the kingdoms that don't go for Land/NW crowns in a war (though in all fairness 90% of that 95% are complete ghettos). There are plenty of very good kingdoms that prefer to stay relatively small and war instead of whore land. Some of those kingdoms, given the same approximate size would be able to put up a very good fight and beat a top Land/NW whoring kingdom! I don't think there's a single kingdom that could completely destroy a top Land/NW whoring kingdom in a war though, given that they were both ready and of the same approximate size!

Granted, I don't know too much about the grand history of top kingdoms, having spent 6.9 years almost completely oblivious to the happenings at the very top of the ranks, so I'm sure somebody will prove what I stated incorrect... Please remember I said that the kingdoms were of APPROXIMATE size, and BOTH WERE READY! no jumping on the other in pump mode like fury vs OS (allegedly)
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedL View Post
    "Whoring kd's use their inferior setup as an excuse for losing wars, they couldn't even win if they wanted to", you can use that argument both ways i guess...

Afaik last time sanc went for a warring age they went 1-5 or 1-6? And their ud/myst strat proved great strategical insight.
    did you play in sanc that age? do you know what happened? and u dont even know the proper set up we had. so stfu

Back to the war at hand!

How are things going..?

sanct is doing better than expected.

better than expected = could win

or

better than expected = not getting crushed

dorje seems motivated, so theyre performing well. When you take leadership out of the hands of scrubs like Allanon, only good things can happen. The downside is that dorje is gonna burn out after this, and the next conflict sanc goes into, they'll suck massive balls.

Thread Information