Thread: UF NEWS: The bitter taste of Orc flesh

News Correspondent

UF NEWS: The bitter taste of Orc flesh

Hungry for barbeque, the flesh eating zombies festering in LIAM is LIAM (hence foreward referred to as LIAM) scouted Simians and Sanctuary of Absalom (henceforth known as Sanctuary) as a possible meal. Eager to feast, LIAM noticed Sanctuary exited their war with Simians a bit early and hit aggressive stance. Hoping they could more easily induce war with Sanctuary, LIAM initiated a land gains wave, feasting on the still burning flesh of Sanctuary's Orcs.

Sanctuary were not interested in being eaten alive, however, and opted to return hits while funding their transition into a more war oriented setup. Their Orc gains and ability to make doubles prevented LIAM from gaining a significant lead in the first wave. Having not yet been plunged into the war they were craving, LIAM decided to proceed with a second wave of bounces on one of Sanctuary's unbreakable Faeries. Having cast Town Watch prior to the bounces beginning, the damage to this poor winged creature was astonishing, offering around 40,000 dead Beastmasters to appease the taste buds of LIAMs flesh eaters. "Mmmm.. Tastes like chicken."

LIAM had hoped this wave would pressure Sanctuary into declaration, sure that they would not want to waste the in-war advantage of a lacking of incoming land, or offer LIAM the opportunity to feast on more Beastmasters. Sanctuary agreed, deciding that being in war would be far more beneficial and prevent continued bounce waves against their Faeries and opted to declare war.

The doomsayers in Sanctuary feared that LIAM had too significant an advantage with their average province size being far larger, and their overall networth per acre being quite superior. The calm, more collect players in Sanctuary did not fret this, focusing more on the task at hand and their current advantage of a fresh declaration. Sanctuary began making use of their networth spread and chained down three of LIAM's Undeads. These chains were quite effective with no incoming land, causing strong desertions and forcing some releases in order to continue battling. Before their first wave of war even had a chance to begin, LIAM was off to a rough start; the kind of challenging conflict they had hoped for.

LIAM came in attempting to use their size and overbearing armies to multi-tap chain Sanctuary's Orcs. Curbed by networth based gains, even the ability to quad-tap was not nearly as effective as LIAM had hoped. With Sanctuary's spread, they too ran foresaw trouble with chains, even if more in their favor, and opted to use their faeries ops as a tool to close the networth gap prior to beginning chains. Activity in both kingdoms, by this time, was quite impressive, even with an admitted few slackers, this war was becoming quite a show.

Midway through war, LIAM now had a tiered kingdom with their larger provs growing quickly away in networth from Sanctuary's, making chains more and more difficult as top-feeding gains were also heavily curbed by networth based gains. Sanctuary made many different strategic attempts at assisting their top-feed chains, but with the networth gap so drastic, even ops by their Faeries proved fairly ineffective. By this point in the war, chained provinces in both kingdoms were essentially trapped in their chained range, as desertions ate away their defense, and several quad-taps ensued. Sanctuary's bank continued to benefit as war endured, as did LIAM's growing Avians.

Despite Sanctuary giving up on taking down LIAM's larger provinces, LIAM decided the bitter taste of Orc flesh was just not appetizing, and withdrew.

Comments:
    Sanctuary of Absalom declined to comment.
    LIAM is LIAM was unavailable for comment.
    Notes:
    Both kingdoms pointed me to this thread for information on the war and summaries. Since the summaries are mixed (hostile and war combined vs separated) from one kingdom to the other, I have left the summaries unposted in this article, and will leave them and the extended details posted within that thread. If either kingdom is willing to provide me with papers I'd be more than happy to include summaries in this article. I'd also like to thank both kingdoms for not turning me away, and apologize for the delay in getting this article up.

If either Kingdom changes their mind or thinks of a comment, I would be more than happy to edit them in. Thanks again for your cooperation!
    Last edited by BlackIce; 22-04-2012 at 14:25.

Nice read.

Dreamworks lost a warz, oh noez.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

It's not DreamWorks... It's Liam

Regular
    Well written, thank you.

Post Fiend
    I still think the Liam theme is one of the best I have seen. Love Taken also.
    CanWe

Sanctuary of Absalom declined to comment.
    LIAM is LIAM was unavailable for comment.

gay
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

What did the faeries use to reduce networth of oor provs? tornadoes? LL?

Nice war guys.. Shout out to myrmidons

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    What did the faeries use to reduce networth of oor provs? tornadoes? LL?
    Props and AWs =) nothing fancy. As both Undead and Orc can't turtle with their elite, the lack of ability to turtle forced major topfeed @ 150% to 180% ... eventually they were in range of our "big" orc ... which wasn't much.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

I have no idea of what half of this means. So while I think it's great that you write these articles, they seem to be meant for a very small audience.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesmalone View Post
    I have no idea of what half of this means. So while I think it's great that you write these articles, they seem to be meant for a very small audience.
    word
    uTools - Because lazyness is the way to go
    StingerNET ~ Exposed.tf ~ tf.uMonk
    "When haters talk, we dont even mind.. They can feel how they feel just dont cross that line."

BEAST
    aka
    da BLOOD spilla
    <3_\"/-|\['|'_|/-|2'/ /-|3_\"/-|_()\\\

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    However... Dreamworks did indeed lose a war.
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Thread Information