Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dwarf Warrior vs Dwarf Sage

Post Fiend
    That is fine if you have the time.

This is a thread I made asking for advice, and all you've done for the most part is clutter it with arguments. Either give useful input or don't bother.

Post Demon
    Crystopher - I will just add that I don't suggest exploring to 1k acres unless you have a good kingdom backing you up, with either Sage or Warrior. In any event you will not be able to come out of protection with enough offense or defense, and many provinces will be well within nw range to make a grab.
    The homes thing is mostly irrelevant, as it has a very small impact on most provinces either way. If you are not micromanaging protection strategies, a dwarf can easily raze their homes during freeze time and not be much worse for it, and for simplicity's sake they should just raze them for more banks or whatever else you need whenever you feel like it.
    As to whether Sage or Warrior is better, as long as you play to either personality's strong points you'll do fine with either.

Post Fiend
    If you're going to be entering a lot of wars I'd say warrior. If you go sage, be prepared to run a fairly high WPA to protect yourself from amnesia casters, or run schools of course, but I recommend against that as there are more useful buildings in general.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Yes, my entire KD will be growing to 1k acres.
    That isn't possible in protection...

Post Fiend
    Meh, possible for dwarf thanks to free construction and better banks from higher BE in general..............just won't have good numbers coming out, which is bad of course. :/

I'm officially locked in as a Warrior so my choice is made now. @nooblet, my KD mates are solid and active so I should be set as far as that goes. Thanks, everyone, for all the input :)

EDIT: @Bishop, of course we won't be there before protection ends, sorry for not clarifying or if I didn't explain properly. That's the current target acres we have set before we began looking for targets.
    Last edited by Crystopher; 11-05-2012 at 23:50. Reason: New posts

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No. It's not possible. There's 5440 explorable acres during protection. You start at 400 acres so without dicing you would 9 provs in your kd for it to be possible to explore up to 1k acres each.

Assuming 20 provs and each evenly exploring the whole explore pool, each prov would have to dice for ~330 acres which I doubt is reasonable.

edit:
    Also, I'm not Bishop ;p

Post Fiend
    That's true if its on a kingdom-wide scale I suppose. :O

Anyhow, don't forget to build around 25% or so guilds if you plan to dice the rest of the way up, and some more towers too of course. :O
    The extra guilds and towers should be built with the latter part of your explored acres.
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 12-05-2012 at 00:02.

Honestly, I remember him postig earlier, or maybe I just saw the green name...I've got my window resized and it cuts off half of the page, sorry for the mixup. Does that restriction only apply to protection, or does it extend to OOP?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well obviously everyone can grow more than 1k acres OOP, but during protection is not a reasonable feat.

y do u wanna explore to 1k oop? Wats ur goal? If ur kd isnt solid ur prolly just going to get eaten by the competition... It's a team game.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information