Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercy vs Pulse round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I think there needs to be a rule where you need to have crowned before to discuss crowning approach. Like TheRock says, lots of nice stories in here, but it's all wrong.
    how about its all stories unless you crowned with over 20k players. So we can ignore all 3 of you
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post

An honor-heavy Avian is still an Avian. I'd rather fight Avians over Dwarf any day. They can have all the honor they want, they won't keep it and they can't fight long term.
    Avian is better than dwarf this late in the age. Dwarf can't match up with avian's speed and stronger elite if both are played optimally, IMO. Dwarves get free buildings but buildings inflate your networth and inflated networth is bad in fights once armies on both sides are to the point that people are 3-4x'ing.
    Last edited by flogger; 01-11-2012 at 23:14.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Are you unable to read. I am saying it limits your wars not that you didn't war at all. I did say mercy in particular warred the least of the ABS kingdoms. I literally wrote down that sanct/rage/hoh warred a bunch of times. But who spent the age pumping and dicing, your the one who said kingdoms were forced to spent most of the age pumping and dicing. Rage did get stuck doing that for awhile because they napped pulse and were napped to abs and had an early lead. Other then that hasn't been much of it...
    But pulse has been warring a ton this age, that is pretty obvious. Sanctuary also warred a ton this age. HOH warred a ton this age. Rage warred a few times but not much. Mercy pretty much didn't war anyone for the first 7 weeks. Good news is there has been a ton more wars in the top then normal.
    Just so we're clear on what you're saying

Mercy: 1 5day 1v2 hostile, 2 wars
    Pulse: 3 wars
    Rage: 3 wars

Mercy: Limited in wars
    Pulse: "warring a ton this age"
    Rage: "warred a few times but not much"

I'm quoting you here to point out the arguments you make against yourself. I hope you can read this and understand that.

The limiting factor in getting wars is nothing more than who you ally with and who wins them. Rage, Sanc and Mercy have been winning wars this whole age. Kingdoms who win wars grow, kingdoms who lose wars shrink. This is how the game works. What's limited us in wars has simply been that we've won them, or at least lost very closely so we weren't set back. We took about 30% of Insolence's acres in our fight, came out even in our fight vs Pulse and took 25% of Psych Ward's acres in that fight. The kingdoms we beat lost signficantly and winning pushed us further away from smaller kingdoms. We've actually been very judicious in our CFs, only going with the "NAP EVERYONE!!!" play once we were out of war range of basically everyone, and it strategically made no sense to fight anymore. The only other CF we gave without a real fight was BIO, who we CFed when we went after Insolence and haven't been in range for a real fight with in over a month.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Thumbs up

Absalom is bad though. Everyone else is just worse (besides the sword kd).

It's not absalom's fault though, it takes 25 players to make a kingdom, and there are just no ambitious players left in this game (unless it's @returning players that want to get a taste of the old days); game's too old.

We can fix this by removing honor, ww chart, and paradise. That way, new players and casual players will have to adapt to getting owned, or die. What you'll see is more long term players coming into the game, and less short term players (short term players are bad). What hooks or breaks a player is how they react to getting owned. Everyone inbetween end up getting bored and eventually quit imo.

To see if im right or wrong, i think freeakstyle would be a good case study. How has their playerbase changed over the last few rounds? Im sure their core play long term, but what about the others? My guess is they cycle players like mad inbetween rounds.

Sks are the best example, they dont last too long, but the players in them only take rounds off; they always come back to the game after a short or long break. Why hasn't simians disbanded? They've tasted being owned.

There are too many kingdoms that think they have "beaten" the game when they get a perfect WW record. WWs and honor is killing the game.

saD.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 02-11-2012 at 05:04.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Absalom is bad though. Everyone else is just worse (besides the sword kd).

It's not absalom's fault though, it takes 25 players to make a kingdom, and there are just no ambitious players left in this game (unless it's @returning players that want to get a taste of the old days); game's too old.

We can fix this by removing honor, ww chart, and paradise. That way, new players and casual players will have to adapt to getting owned, or die. What you'll see is more long term players coming into the game, and less short term players (short term players are bad). What hooks or breaks a player is how they react to getting owned. Everyone inbetween end up getting bored and eventually quit imo.

To see if im right or wrong, i think freeakstyle would be a good case study. How has their playerbase changed over the last few rounds? Im sure their core play long term, but what about the others? My guess is they cycle players like mad inbetween rounds.

Sks are the best example, they dont last too long, but the players in them only take rounds off; they always come back to the game after a short or long break. Why hasn't simians disbanded? They've tasted being owned.

There are too many kingdoms that think they have "beaten" the game when they get a perfect WW record. WWs and honor is killing the game.

saD.
    LOL. U mean being owned since age 4?

I'm a short term player. :((

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Just so we're clear on what you're saying

Mercy: 1 5day 1v2 hostile, 2 wars
    Pulse: 3 wars
    Rage: 3 wars

Mercy: Limited in wars
    Pulse: "warring a ton this age"
    Rage: "warred a few times but not much"

I'm quoting you here to point out the arguments you make against yourself. I hope you can read this and understand that.

The limiting factor in getting wars is nothing more than who you ally with and who wins them. Rage, Sanc and Mercy have been winning wars this whole age. Kingdoms who win wars grow, kingdoms who lose wars shrink. This is how the game works. What's limited us in wars has simply been that we've won them, or at least lost very closely so we weren't set back. We took about 30% of Insolence's acres in our fight, came out even in our fight vs Pulse and took 25% of Psych Ward's acres in that fight. The kingdoms we beat lost signficantly and winning pushed us further away from smaller kingdoms. We've actually been very judicious in our CFs, only going with the "NAP EVERYONE!!!" play once we were out of war range of basically everyone, and it strategically made no sense to fight anymore. The only other CF we gave without a real fight was BIO, who we CFed when we went after Insolence and haven't been in range for a real fight with in over a month.
    Pulse is about to war a 4th time. You a third. But pulse had a few war wins earlyier in age rather then dicing and imo they warred three good kingdoms where as you had 1 serious war and farmed one ghetto. So I think pulse likely had to spend more time preparing etc. Anyway I guestimated they spent about hald the age in war mode. Probably 10% of it randoming. so imo thats a good spread of the age.
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Pulse is about to war a 4th time. You a third. But pulse had a few war wins earlyier in age rather then dicing and imo they warred three good kingdoms where as you had 1 serious war and farmed one ghetto. So I think pulse likely had to spend more time preparing etc. Anyway I guestimated they spent about hald the age in war mode. Probably 10% of it randoming. so imo thats a good spread of the age.
    Goodz, I've already told you in this thread you're wrong, why are you trying to tell therock what Pulse did when the leader of Pulse has already contradicted you?

We got out of war with sanctuary mid-way through YR1. We started war with Rage April of YR10, meaning we prepped for Rage starting July of YR9. That's over 8 weeks in between leaving war with sanctuary and starting prep for Rage in which we had one right, Mercy. That fight didn't last or require 2 weeks of preparation, so we had 2 separate 3 week breaks in between fights.

We randomed harder and faster and better than anyone immediately after warring sanctuary for a few weeks, that's how we got to #1. Since we were #1 first we ran out of targets sooner than the others so they randomed longer as a result. We would have fought Rage (and by extension Mercy a second time) much sooner but Sanctuary did use their position to buy Rage more time, that they needed. I would have liked to Dice/Random less but we Dice/Randomed as much as anyone.

Regular
    Mercy's was solid in their war with us, but to farm 25-30% land of a kingdom is just.... i wonder if Inso and PW are some kind of really chilled kd that don't really care or just really really bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I think there needs to be a rule where you need to have crowned before to discuss crowning approach. Like TheRock says, lots of nice stories in here, but it's all wrong.
    But TheCock also never crowned. ;/
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Joncy,

How are you 360k acres? Guess what....winning a war and getting the ridiculous war win bonus. Did you farm that kd? Are they just really really bad or really chilled?

The war win land bonus at such high acres sways objectivity of the war way too much for the simpleton. (Ahem, fix)

Let's look at a hypothetical age ending close matchup btw #1 and #2.

Both kds start at 350k acres

Land exchange is +5% (17.5k acres) for the winning party.

Winner becomes 385k -- (350000 + 17500)*1.05
    Loser becomes 315k -- (350000 - 17500)*.95

Damn, 70k difference.....Is this a farming??? Debate.

The war win bonus promote wars and the best kd prevail....if you think that the bonus is overpowered, then win your war to claim it. Dont jealous of other poeple prize.

Not jealous of the prize...just shedding light on incorrect farmout war efforts....

Haha Inso and PW is a farmout war :P

Inso was not a war.....Try to be relevant when upping your post count.

Thanks

you jealous of thier farmout?

Thread Information