Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the end of alliances?

News Correspondent

Is this the end of alliances?

Today I present an official announcement that will be the center of controversy for many ages to come, and perhaps even the most important news article written in the last decade. Has the end of alliances really arrived? Last week, Dorje and AquaSeaFoam approached our news team to announce the disbanding of the Absalom alliance, the longest standing, most renowned alliance in utopia.

When questioned about the decision, Dorje and AquaSeaFoam confirmed that the decision to dissolve the alliance was a move toward the betterment of the current state of utopia. Without an alliance to control the top, it would be more plausible for solo kingdoms, or even new alliances, to exist in their absence. But Alliance Rankings asks: is utopia really ready for this?

With Absalom removed from the picture, the many anti-Absalom patrons will most likely find themselves with little direction, as they will lack the ability to sustain their hate towards the group. They will instead need to either refocus their hatred on the individual kingdoms, and claim that their hatred now pertains to any kingdom formerly affiliated with Absalom, or alter their outlook on Utopia.

There can be no certainties about how the community will react. There can be no assurance that Absalom kingdoms will not remain friendly toward one another after the bonds they have created through years of sustained friendship. The only certainty that can be provided is this, my dear readers: Absalom itself will be no more. The tag is set to be dissolved at the end of this age.

Comments:
    Dorje, Court of Absalom, commented:
    "Absalom has been a very large part of utopian history, and a very large part of my life. Like all things, it too must have its inevitable conclusion. After months of discussion on this topic, we have finally decided that Absalom will close with the conclusion of the 57th Utopian Age. I am not certain this will impact the utopian community in a positive manner, though I do believe it is finally time for us to go our separate ways.

To all current and former members of Absalom: Thank you for your friendships over the years. I realize that these friendships will continue on far beyond the game's conclusion, and are not ended at the disposal of the Absalom name. I believe that now is as good a time as any to reflect on the existence of our relationships.
    "

AquaSeaFoam, Court of Absalom, commented:
    "After all these years, I finally just look forward to being able to hit Dorje! Sometimes he just doesn't know when to quit!

Seriously though, it's been a long ride! I've shared many great experiences with my fellow members and shall continue to do so for years to come. We have broken the boundaries of Utopia years ago, and shall continue to for years to come.

I had a novel about Absalom history prepared for this announcement. I am often told I write far too much, and speak far beyond necessity. So I will merely let this go, Rocky style.
    EXCI!!!!
    "

Veteran
    Might be more believable if this wasn't april fool's day. Any other day and I could believe it.

April Fools....right?

Forum Fanatic
    Either way just the dropping of the name doesnt make the alliance void... they will still have CFs and know whom each other are. If this was April fools joke, poor attempt.

Regular
    Yeah... so April fools? It would be great if they were really disbanding.

Veteran
    Haha that was good, GJ
    Silldiest

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Almost believed it...And then I saw 1 April....

Forum Addict
    Dammit, I thought maybe they were afraid of Mansoor and his Vikings! Better would be for them to disband!

Forum Addict
    It's the end of the world as we know it...

"And I feel fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..."
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Thumbs up

sn0re.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I've seen it so many times, but that one made me lol.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    I've seen it so many times, but that one made me lol.
    "and perhaps even the most important news article written in the last decade" is what got me.

lol, nice type up.

Lol too funny!

Thread Information