Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate strategy thread

Post Fiend
    2 evil humans v 7 brave dwarves

Both humans have the same stats 70% draft off heavy and hasnt been fbed or kidnapped, including incoming acre the only difference Human 1 army arrives in 3.5 hours and Human2 arrives in 6.5hours.

2 dwarves can hit now, 2 can hit 2 hours, 2 can hit in 3 hours and 1 in 4 hours. The dwarves can triple tap human but with army home only single tap.

1) chain Human 1and over pop him
    2) chain Human 1 and dwarf 7 hit human 2
    3) chain Human 2 killing more def
    Last edited by LightWolf; 12-10-2013 at 02:34. Reason: Spelling

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWolf View Post
    2 evil humans v 7 brave dwarves

Both humans have the same stats 70% draft off heavy and hasnt been fbed or kidnapped, including incoming acre the only difference Human 1 army arrives in 3.5 hours and Human2 arrives in 6.5hours.

2 dwarves can hit now, 2 can hit 2 hours, 2 can hit in 3 hours and 1 in 4 hours. The dwarves can triple tap human but with army home only single tap.

1) chain Human 1and over pop him
    2) chain Human 1 and dwarf 7 hit human 2
    3) chain Human 2 killing more def
    What are the networths of all the provinces in question? Either way I think ya throw all your hits on human 2, i.e. use #3. Maximize the overpop potential. Perhaps a mix is more optimal but if you can 7x 1x turtled you'll be killing him soon enough anyways since odds are he's not cleric, and throwing 21 hits on #2 certainly kills him. Either way both are dead in 2 waves so I'd save the brainpower of not calculating it ;p Otherwise I'd just setup a chain calculator.
    Last edited by flogger; 12-10-2013 at 03:34.

Post Fiend
    All same nw for dwarves keeping it basic. Option 3 you get 21 hits on the human but there is 2 ticks for peasants and specs to leave which I'm assuming with incoming land should be enough to still hit out. Option 1 gets 18 hits on the human but 6 are just before tick and 6 the tick his army comes home so I would assume he couldn't send out and by catchin his army home he will lose off and he will have to release more to attack causing more damage.

Perhaps I should have used less hits cos your right 19 or 21 hits the prov is stuffed. Perhaps using same scenario using 4 dwarves.

Option 4 is camping the first three groups of dwarves and hit just before army gets home giving no time for desertion. Of course you have to take into consideration ms, ns and getting hit with troops home thou. Might be slightly better gains due to higher nw, but more about making sure attacker is useless for rest if the war, having to chain a prov twice suxs

Hi Flogger

Been away from Utopia for a few yrs now. Had a question about science distribution for heavy attackers.
    Not sure race or personality would make a diff (Avian cleric) but how would one distribute say 500bpa? I've been going heavy on pop and military science but not sure if I'm putting too much in and neglecting other areas.

What would win in this lineup:

Mayweather vs Pacquiao
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Materix01 View Post
    Hi Flogger

Been away from Utopia for a few yrs now. Had a question about science distribution for heavy attackers.
    Not sure race or personality would make a diff (Avian cleric) but how would one distribute say 500bpa? I've been going heavy on pop and military science but not sure if I'm putting too much in and neglecting other areas.
    For 500 BPA you're focusing on the right stuff

50 BPA income
    50 BPA tools
    25 BPA food
    150 BPA in pop
    100 BPA in military
    75 BPA in thief
    50 BPA in magic

or some variation +- 25 books in any one category is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    For 500 BPA you're focusing on the right stuff

50 BPA income
    50 BPA tools
    25 BPA food
    150 BPA in pop
    100 BPA in military
    75 BPA in thief
    50 BPA in magic

or some variation +- 25 books in any one category is decent.
    Interesting. I've basically got that very setup atm with +25 population and -25thief
    What is the reasoning behind your choice of placing 75bpa into thievery rather than something like magic to help with KD rune production? I understand this is personal opinion and also applied in a vague context rather than a specific build/KD setup. I'm just curious since I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here with why you want higher thievery science...
    I'm guessing it's just cost effective compared to other science? Like increasing 10% thief science whilst running 2rtpa is almost like an extra o.8-1% of total population in thieves?

Also wondering how that would change as you get much higher bpa (eg. at 1k). Assuming you wouldn't be putting 300+bpa into population and instead will be higher bpas into things like magic, tools, thievery and even military?
    Last edited by Materix01; 14-10-2013 at 10:55.

How many BPA until you start to incorporate Schools/Libs into your Build strat. (whatever is the one that amplifies the sci effect, too lazy to look it up atm.)

500 bpa = 5% libs, and for every additional 100 bpa = 1% libs (rule of thumb)

Quote Originally Posted by Demascuss View Post
    500 bpa = 5% libs, and for every additional 100 bpa = 1% libs (rule of thumb)
    Thanks Demascuss, and that is 500 BPA totalled up for all categories, or 500 bpa in each of the 6?

I am assuming you mean 500 BPA totalled up between the 6, not 500 BPA in each.

Indeed, that's 500 BPA overall. Having 500 BPA in one category would be nice though too eh? ;)

Some good advice in this thread yo
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

flogger mia again?

Sir Postalot
    boo

question.
    for someone thats been arround the game since glory days of AV, but never used irc or actually took active part in anything above top 10, NOTICE, what does it actually mean, and what is concidered a notice.
    havent bothered to ask before cause of the obvious troll food this question supplies, but....still curious to know..

Thread Information