Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare vs FREE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    That's what I'm saying...once you get far enough ahead, the NW Diff really stops a LOT of those "control" ops. Then you start breaking free in the peasant race and start producing more gc/soldiers to either pump yourself or others.
    hum not really. You wont be pumping those acres, meaning your NW will be inflated but not to the point where TMs will ahve a hard time OPing you down, unless you brought down their TMs earlier on, also your wpa/tpa will be way lower then it usually is making it easy on the TMs to control your peasants.
    Also that NW increase come strictly from your intense extra acres. attackers that are on way lower NW would still get crazy good acres (the fact that you are holding so much acres counterbalance the NW protection) and soon enough you will find your fat prov back into the lower group.

Post Fiend
    also your wpa/tpa will be way lower then it usually is making it easy on the TMs to control your peasants.
    Not just T/M, not too bloated core can often step in too. Depends on setup though.

Forum Fanatic
    Though I agree with you for the most part. There is a point at which acre domination CAN lead to victory. Maybe I'm still just a noob for thinking so...and it will likely make you lose honor in the long run...but I think a war win is still achievable if you massively win the acres.
    Acres where they are useful can win wars. For a pure attacker, acres are actively detrimental to their role, and the only reason attackers use trad is because it is the most effective way to damage provinces and because of overpopulation concerns.
    There comes a point where an acre lead means being able to massacre or learn with near-impunity, but if lacking the offense to hit useful targets it does not mean a whole lot.
    That said, economy on core provinces is often underrated as a means to win war, but a lot of ghettos don't use that economy for useful purposes. It makes me cringe to see nubs train defspec at the wrong time, so they bloat their nw and wait for their defense to get shredded.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Dude - have you heard Melanie Martinez's version? OP
    Have you heard Melanie Martinez's Dollhouse? Ugg, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Have you heard Melanie Martinez's Dollhouse? Ugg, so good.
    OMG yes - my husband played it for me over and over - he LOVES it (so do I)...Dollhouse is my favorite, but Carousel is pretty rad, too!

Last edited by Beliel; 24-09-2014 at 01:49.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I've heard much worse, and just about all the girls that can sing can't write a song to save their life...so...she's got that going for her...

Regular
    Hm we've warred FREE twice in the past 3 ages or so, and we're def not a ghetto. But if you do manage to get them on the ropes you need to be ready to recruit because they'll bring people in pretty fast during wars.

Needs to get out more
    ^ Yes, this is good strategy in my book. I've seen them do this a couple times. It's definitely a kitchen sink thing which I find refreshing in a way. It's not my style, but I'm glad they're out there with no excuses. Reinforcements make for an epic scene and a rare encounter in Utopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    They are also more then happy to pillage oow so watch their news... better yet if free does this to your kd pk them

2Utopian we did that few times about 4 ages ago?and stopped cause it wasnt worth the headache we got from all the crying,and we can win wars without it anyway,but you just make me sad...so full of venom and bitterness,seriously let it go you`l breathe better.
    Last edited by Eli; 24-09-2014 at 13:22.

Veteran
    you deny you pillage oow? Need quotes like your pal? Truth hurts I suppose, its your bed...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    They are also more then happy to pillage oow so watch their news... better yet if free does this to your kd pk them
    you deny you pillage oow? Need quotes like your pal? Truth hurts I suppose, its your bed...
    This has already been said time and time again. We had a province (a Russian I dearly miss) hit a plunder oow. This lead policeman Palem raze into our war having nothing to do with the kd that were plundered, or the war we were in. We were hunting him for a while. It was nice finally getting to destroy his province. If you think we do it regularly, feel free to post logs. I will be waiting with a nice brew and some digestives.

Quote Originally Posted by RawStuff View Post
    Not talking about whoring here, talking about warring against 25provs warring kds. The 25provs kds are not all propro but usually top warring kds are 25provs. Other top warring kds not on 25 provs usually are in "chilling age".

With all my warring and experience, i do have a problem understanding how a kd that is good at warring and that pull stats such as 5/5 end up on 30k, without land dropping. And if all your battle are "tight" then im doubting the quality of your warring kd all together. Sry to tell you that there is still a lot of ghettos around.

Also , in no mean is that a bashing on you or anything, but if you dont know who Shinra, FS and Sani are, then clearly you dont really have a goal of becoming a top warring kd but purely wanting to bash kds and have a nice ww record witch is ok, everyone can have their own goals.

Hope to see you move to 25provs war kd you seems like a fun (or not if you chain tms) opponent!
    Just because I don't read the forums doesn't mean a thing. Pewpew, BoB, Rusty are the warring kingdoms I know. Pewpew went big, not sure where the other two are. In regards to land dropping, read the thready properly. It seems StratOcastle is the only one that has managed it.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I think this war exhibits with some evidence that FREE isn't dropping acres. I know peppie pointed this out in another thread, believe it or don't. If kingdoms are smart enough to wd before FREE takes acres then they wouldn't grow. I'm sure this isn't a constant, but Nightmare was high enough in charts to be considered mature. In other words, they wd before the acres were taken. Maybe they do drop acres, but it's not against the rules. War Monkeys are out there, so it's not necessarily safe. A look at the power charts should exhibit a number of capable war kingdoms in the vicinity.

To a degree we might look at focussed war kingdoms with the understanding that engaging their equals all age long would blast their alignment out of whack. As I'm a lower tier regular this seems to be a strategy many non-focussed war kingdoms aren't aware of. I've been with many that suffer the crippling of T/Ms then hobble through the remaining age.

I recall FREE losing to BoB( Into The Blue ) mid-age a few ages ago, so it's not necessarily FREE stalking ghettos exclusively. I'm not trying to defend FREE, as most of my happy-go-lucky relations are with Nightmare. I don't think they need my understanding. Just figured I'd voice what I've seen. I'm a fan of tagging and facing the consequences, but I'm also not in crown contention. It's not my style, but I get it.

PS: I feel smarter than a box turtle because I noted a similarity in AMAs bottom 3rd and FREEs alignment. I never knew FREE had an AMA exodus.
    I think the similar strat thing is just co-incidence, or maybe it is because Pep and Cello are (not so) secret lovers There is a lot of crossover with conversations, however it tends to do more with other games rather than Utopia.

Needs to get out more
    Oh yeah, I know. It's ok to display it all here, I have no objection. It wasn't for me to say.

If you play no-holds-barred you expect the same in turn. I play within a certain parameter because it's how I chose. I guess the important thing to convey is that some of us are more capable than we exhibit because the challenge makes the game more fun.

We've seen some crazy play from others I won't mention. Suffice to say, I had my period of such game play in my youth.

"Farewell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!" StormBringer's final words on Elrics plane.

Michael Moorcock, StormBringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    If you think we do it regularly, feel free to post logs. I will be waiting with a nice brew and some digestives.
    I know you've done it more than once and over the span of more than 1 age. One or two ages before you did it in the war I razed into, you did it against my friends from Mythos.

After I razed into you guys, pep got on here and defended the strategy as hard as he could. Kept saying it was a totally legitimate strategy and they weren't doing anything wrong. You're free to keep pretending like it was one rogue province acting alone who was just giving your kd bad reputation though. It's really adorable.

Edit:
    Here's pep confirming:
    Quote Originally Posted by peppie View Post
    We've stopped with OOW plunders even though theyre 100% valid: after all, plundering OOW costs you time, stealth, and risks retaliation while gains are terrible. The plunders we did this age didnt contribute much to the win and even though its a fair strat, the amount of QQ they generate is not worth it. We didnt do OOW plunders vs Fuzzy Animals because we knew we could win without and we didnt want to give them any ammunition to cry about their loss.
    Last edited by Palem; 24-09-2014 at 11:42.

Thread Information