Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anri: An Quantitative Analysis

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Upon closing the books on one of Utopia's longest lasting kingdoms, I was shocked by the magnitude of one measure in particular: crowns per aggregated years of human effort expended. It is so rare to see a kingdom persist for such an expansive stretch of time without successfully finishing a round that I have come to you, the community, to validate my figures.

The total number of crowns accumulated by either Anri himself or Simians as a kingdom is zero. This can be easily verified within our Crown Count records or less easily via digging through the on-site archives.

As for assessing the years of human effort expended in obtaining said zero crowns, a few assumptions need to be made. Firstly, I have come to the conclusion that Simians has operated from age 3 until age 64. This was based on a combination of archived data and posts from Anri himself but is open to some interpretation as to the exact definitions of what constitutes a "kingdom" (many would argue that a group of players doesn't become a kingdom until after their first crown is established). Secondly, since the marshaling of human effort was not wholly an expense of his own, we must include an estimation of the years of players' lives that were utilized (wasted). Assuming that Simians has retained 25 provinces at all times is meant to compensate for the downtime between ages and the use of third party players for intel gathering (as is considered the best industry practice). Finally, it is assumed that each age lasts for 3 months on average.

If the above is agreeable, we can ultimately conclude that, through Anri's leadership, three hundred and eighty-one (381) years of aggregated human effort were expended for zero (as in not even one) crown.

0/381 = 0 total crowns / [ (64-3 ages of operation) * 3/12 years per age * 25 players ]
    Hi Octobrev, nice write up but the piece reads a bit too wordy. Two things to help with your technical writing: don't use first, second and final as adverbs (Firstly, wtf?). They are fine as First, Second and Last. Also, you don't need to say An when Q isn't a vowel. Simple stuff that many of my undergrad students miss.

B+.

JC
    Last edited by Helluva; 13-05-2015 at 14:15.
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Corrected the technical substantiation to conform with your suggestions, Helluva. Thanks for your insight!

"An" will stand unchanged. If you go back into the older Jew-speak, the letter "Q" came from the letter "O" anyway.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Not to double-post like some kind of self-promoting narcissist but I noticed that your signature is incongruent with my screenshot of Evil Dragons' roster. You must add them to your list and extend the timeline to 2015.

How's that fae/rogue treating you though?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    The point of this thread is that if a KD hasnt won a crown, it is a wasted time of game style?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Not to double-post like some kind of self-promoting narcissist but I noticed that your signature is incongruent with my screenshot of Evil Dragons' roster. You must add them to your list and extend the timeline to 2015.

How's that fae/rogue treating you though?
    Yeah my sig hasn't been updated yet. How silly of me! The Fae rogue is fine - it's no elf wh but whatever. I saw the logs of your little find shortly after some n00b in the kd forgot to set the proper chan securities. Oh well, wasn't me :).

edit: sig updated! thanks Octo!
    Last edited by Helluva; 13-05-2015 at 15:16.
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Helluva View Post
    Yeah my sig hasn't been updated yet. How silly of me! The Fae rogue is fine - it's no elf wh but whatever. I saw the logs of your little find shortly after some n00b in the kd forgot to set the proper chan securities. Oh well, wasn't me :).

edit: sig updated! thanks Octo!

lets be fair here... noting is or will be elf/wh at least not this age.

**** song

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Helluva View Post
    Hi Octobrev, nice write up but the piece reads a bit too wordy. Two things to help with your technical writing: don't use first, second and final as adverbs (Firstly, wtf?). They are fine as First, Second and Last. Also, you don't need to say An when Q isn't a vowel. Simple stuff that many of my undergrad students miss.

B+.

JC
    Sounds better when they're used as Adverbs, otherwise it's like there's an unnatural hiccup in the phrasing that makes it very ear-grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Rumors:
    1. Anri joined ED.
    2. Anri and Nesta merged.

Im sure we will find truth before age end!
    nesta's retired and enjoying the beach at hawaii now.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    nesta's retired and enjoying the beach at hawaii now.
    Soon you are going to win your first war. Congrats for it :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Regular
    good dedication from anri

The best part about this truly awesome thread is that if I had made it, it would have been locked and I'd be banned for 72 hrs within 5 minutes. Octobrev is clearly the best candidate to convey information about the plebs of utopia to the plebs of utopia.

Thumbs up

in other news,

kuhan is back.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Sir Postalot
    seconded only by human years former trollfags have spent failing at being funny

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Soon you are going to win your first war. Congrats for it :P
    I was wrong. You loss it...
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information