Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: BB actions Emeriti by waving into war

Thumbs up

"Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    So would a fair recourse be BB dealbreaking and waving into Emeriti's war gaining say 10k+ acres and crowning?
    I believe they already stated they would raze out any land gained

The Jerks.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    it should be a dark horse crown. this is all utter bull****. look at all the greens. on both sides. do you not understand the **** those guys go through day in and day out? if youre gonna kill something kill the monarchs and stewards and freaking cows. leave the peons alone. thats blood sweat and tears you are destroying. nice job.
    Dont they have like 20 former abs leaders? Dont think they have peons :p Surely if the cows wanna intra down and they want to stop trying to deflect blame on us the peons can be spared, outside of that though like any other war both sides are gonna try the best strategy. Doesnt sound like they think our move was warranted though, and we think it was.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I believe they already stated they would raze out any land gained
    My take on this is that BB should have gotten land from bour's kd. Set up a short cf which benefit them and war 1v1 with Emeriti. Repaying lame play with a dealbreak and hitting into war 2v1 is just beyond lame. There are only a few legit and honourable kds on the server and its sad that there will be close to none left from now on.

This just gives a license for many kds to hit into BB's future wars. When debauchery did lame play tons of kds hit back at them and used it as an excuse to punish their earlier lame play.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    My take on this is that BB should have gotten land from bour's kd. Set up a short cf which benefit them and war 1v1 with Emeriti. Repaying lame play with a dealbreak and hitting into war 2v1 is just beyond lame. There are only a few legit and honourable kds on the server and its sad that there will be close to none left from now on.

This just gives a license for many kds to hit into BB's future wars. When debauchery did lame play tons of kds hit back at them and used it as an excuse to punish their earlier lame play.
    They got land from my kingdom and Emeriti proposed to adjust the cf that was made and MORE. Instead, BB chose to dealbreak, gangbang and hit into war.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DoOrDie View Post
    They got land from my kingdom and Emeriti proposed to adjust the cf that was made and MORE. Instead, BB chose to dealbreak, gangbang and hit into war.
    u dont have to justify your points with me LOL. Try and solve the ig war the forum war is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    You guys are all nuts...

First i would like to point out, Bour was adviced (Drixx said that already in his post somewhere), it came from some leader, doesnt really matter which..

Second from experience (last age) when i chose to wave kingdoms bigger it was for the simple reason that i find it retarded that a kingdom sits hugely landfat in the open on lots of resources without military or soldiers drafted, if it was down to me these kingdoms should be waved every time its spotted, whether your inrange or not..

all this mess is basically down to previous ages hatred and Bour razing BB top adviced by a leader, but plenty of compensation offered to sort it..
    Makes sense, which you have done on more than 1 occasion last age, waving a underdrafted stocking/pumping land kd, except this time round the KD in question wasnt OOW, but was in an eowcf recovering from war and merely utilising its resources to continue to stay competitive.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Quote Originally Posted by mordon44 View Post
    This is the last time I am going to say this and then I will be done on these silly boards. Mostly I think its just Pyro/BB folk knowingly lying to try and create sympathy for their GB.. but in case anyone reading this thread hasn't formed an opinion yet.

I engaged Pyro early because we are a kingdom that is trying to use the age to get better.
    They represented the toughest fight I thought I could win. We had a longer term strategy and it prevailed - Pyro intelligently withdrew right as I was ready to erase their acre advantage. Despite the fact that other people may have known where Pyro was, I did not. Its pretty hard to prove a negative.. and yes, when my KD accomplishes something I am proud of, like the tough war win against whoever 8 6 was - I usually blurt it out to ASF because .. like I said, IM a big dork. Often times he isn't around these days, but that weekend he was. It may sound fishy that I didn't talk to anyone before the age started.. but I was determined to not be talked out of a setup I knew most would think sucked.
    I took the second war we ended up having for the same exact reason - it was the toughest war I thought we had a chance to win. I got out thought a bit and we lost that one, and we were moving on to sci pump mode. It should be easy to see the decision process behind my war selections.
    I saw the threads about the 2v1 GB on Emeriti..

I took the news..

I asked my KD if they were willing to help, the answer was yes, and I logged onto IRC to offer my KDs help against the BS.

That is the true.. and I would challenge those of who you scream conspiracy to think of the math/

There are what.. 25 full Kingdoms at the beginning of the age?

How many of those KDs usually play for war?

How likely it is then that nobody with connections to anyone else ends up trying to war Pyro/BB early?

With how small the game its not really a big of a coincidence if you really think about.
    Let me clear things up with 1 post, and this is relevant to the other post of accusations of Outsiders having farmed gc from Emeriti in order to improve their odds against us in the OOP war.

My response here is that there was no official evidence that the gc farming has happened, and I cannot control what some of my players choose to post, nor did I encourage them to do anything of that matter (perhaps to incite some response or whatsoever). In fact I did the direct opposite, strictly discouraging any antagonistic posts that may be groundless or lacking of evidence.

We have had our suspicions having had more humans (even though 1 human and 1 faery was fireballed to dust) that we on the overall have more TOG yet funded only equally or slightly more poorly than a Kd predominantly made up of elves and undeads (they do have some humans, but nowhere near high-pez enough to overcome a 16-core TOG). The whole KD was fireball-free except for 2 provinces who explored from 400-> 800-> 1200. But like I say again, no evidence means you shouldnt be making groundless accusations.

As for claims of mordon44 that they waved us because we looked like what was closest to a winnable war (yet being competitive enough) a target by them, that must have been a joke.
    We outwhored the server, and was sitting easily #1 (including acres coming in ~13h attack times with aggro stance) whereas the rest of the server was turtled into fort by the time the server opened to us. We were 3 hours away from fort (24h cooldown before stance change again), and was like 16k having done 2 complete waves and acres coming in, + like 2000 acre pool use. We waved out 3rd time and had ~1k incoming acres and if I was allowed to dump say another 2k pool before I forted, I'll be entering fort and leaving fort 48-72h later sitting handsomely on top of the charts at 22k minimum with the biggest cows in the server. Yet as in life, the most profiting moves required the greatest risks. I went to great lengths CF-ing 25man KDs who were more pumped and unlike most other KDs, turtled into fort with low offense.

Conveniently, Outsiders waved us 2h before our min-aggro stance was up and handed button, and that was 1h after we sent out troops full wave on #6 Kd on server charts, while being like #3 or #4 ourselves. I pm'ed their monarch immediately and said that was dirty because he knew my troops were out and that was waving into an active hostile, and he said, "no? I see them giving you an open CF. You have an obvious choice, that is to accept that CF and fight me instead". He conveniently called my hostile a non-hostile.

King Boom Boom Boom the Hero of I Bite My Thumb At Thee (outsiders) said: > > > > > > > >
    > > > > > > > > I just figured since we both had a hostile tag up I should make us not liars right? Give it a few minutes... you were just randomming other KDs.. don't lie.

The Wise Yang Mi of All of me loves all of you (pyro) said: > > > > > >
    Random? we just waved a KD 1h ago and the moment they send an open CF offer it becomes not a hostile?

King Boom Boom Boom the Hero of I Bite My Thumb At Thee (outsiders) said: > > > > > > > > Upon taking your news AGAIN it looks like you did a semi wave a bit after we started to hit you...... kind of not my problem..lets be honest here.. your just bottom feeding waving trying to get away with being fat and tagging 'HOSTILE'... stop pretending.

I proceeded to show him my paper within 21 Feb to 22nd Feb and called BS on him, my so-called mini-wave intended to "tag hostile and dodge", and that involved at least 10 provinces waving the #6 kd. A full wave was planned, but some were trailing and dwarves had lower Rax % having buildings diluted with no speedbuild.
    Final logs I will share ends with:
    Sender King Boom Boom Boom the Hero of I Bite My Thumb At Thee (outsiders)
    Recipient The Wise Queen Yang Mi of All of me loves all of you (pyro)
    Subject Re:Why are you hitting us and tagging hostile?
    All I see is that you can accept the CF and engage a KD of equal match in a fight instead of hiding in fake 'HOSTILE BOTTOMFEEDING NUBS' mode

So this said KD decides to take it into their own hands and call hostiles between #4 and #6 non-legit.

I'm not saying I hated his wave into me and gave me button. I dont like to be forced into an OOP war since OOW growth is so much better, but I was sure I farmed him big time if nothing went wrong (ergo, a bullsh!t stupid move by them to wave us despite how strong undeads may be early age and calling his wave a best chance at winning a war, because there was no chance they win if we didnt screw up.)

My 2 big 1200 acre human and faery was churning ****tons of gold and could feed the core big time while training offense on themselves, because option to fort was 2h away. All of my core was like 2k Offense from breaking all of their 5 or 6 TM elves at that point and would have easily done so with some bank aid. All top core needed was like 150k worth of aid and they would be farming their TMs down big time, but one of my guys made a mistake and hit beyond 4 points and then my banks became peasantless. That was the only way they even stood a chance.

When I woke up to see no peasants on my banks because of an internal error (giving ops when unapproved), I asked if they would take the wave and possibly one more to close relations and maybe fight again say, 5 days later (granted, I have sent a drake earlier because I was sure we fund fast with so many TOGs). They said no, and took it very personally that I sent a drake early on, and should have never done that if I never wanted to war. They refused every bit to diplo like gentlemen, despite the earlier situation where I called them out for being cheap at waiting for us to wave out before waving us.

With no other choice, I declared war and hit them hard and netted land and NW in mintime. Acre count was like 17.5k to 9.5k (including incoming), compared to starting hostile of (16k vs 11k) and having eaten a wave in hostile. They had 4 out of 6 remaining elves standing, with us having dropped 2 of their elves. I gave war another 24h attempt beyond mintime to see if they withdrew. I was sure I'd win, but it'd take a long time to crack the remaining 4 elves, since elves with dspec bonus were hard early age, and we had to drop 1 by 1 through NS from a UB faery rogue and conquesting was going to take forever. When it was clear they wouldnt withdraw and was going to bank on 3 UB provinces, I made the call to tact withdraw and go out for better gains, since that was the wiser choice rather than be stuck for another 48h to try and win a war with only 5k bonus at stake. I wouldnt go as far as to call their first WW of the age (which was against us) undeserving, but rather very smartly played, having realised our actual greater picture and plans and we couldn't afford the drag, and played for the win.

When Flogger told me BB was getting razed in eowcf, I was furious because it could have equally likely happened to me as well, if we hadnt screwed up and gave ops during hostile. By tact-wding, we were 17+k, so with a ww bonus we would have been easily over 22k and would have been in the same spot as BB. So it could have been equally likely that the razes into eowcf happened to us. I left it to flogger and BB to continue their investigations while we played catch-up, and when he showed me the relevant logs and evidence, I was inclined to believe BB's rage and unhappiness was justified, and proceeded to monitor how things unfolded. The rest of how this unfolded is open for all to see.
    Last edited by 13nesta13; 13-06-2015 at 17:54.

I remember one time i warred Destiny of Absalom (ASF old old kd) ASF and his kd decided that my kd had to use gold farms cause there was no way we could have all that gold. Was pretty funny, then after the war we got waved by another Absalom kd. Damn vultures. :(

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    I'm not saying I hated his wave into me and gave me button. I dont like to be forced into an OOP war since OOW growth is so much better, but I was sure I farmed him big time if nothing went wrong (ergo, a bullsh!t stupid move by them to wave us despite how strong undeads may be early age and calling his wave a best chance at winning a war, because there was no chance they win if we didnt screw up.)
    To be clear, you're saying that you would have farmed him big time if you didn't screw up yourself. WW bonus is huge early since the 5k minimum bonus is 25% of your land if you are 20k acres (and even more if smaller.) Given that you say you'd ahve farmed this kingdom if not for your own mistakes, it should be pretty clear that Emeriti would not want to send such a farm war your way. If Emeriti had known about it, they would have tried to prevent it. Accusations of gold farming the first few days of the age (was Emeriti's island even open? Mordon didn't know Emeriti's loc anyway until well after the war ended.) are just silly. Emeriti has never farmed gold from or to anyone outside their kingdom so far. Pyro, as we all know, has.

Had you won your war that you say should have been a farm war for you if you didn't screw up, then yes it's possible that the #1 prov could have been scared of you as well and also asked you for a cf. Had you ignored their cf requests, then yes it's possible that they would have thought it was their only hope to get you to talk to them by Razing you and offering all land back and extra for a cf. Had this horrible thing happened to you, you could have been more level headed than BB and just took the offer of all land back plus extra and plus gc and a fake hostile for you to safely train up post war and then you'd have profited.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I remember one time i warred Destiny of Absalom (ASF old old kd) ASF and his kd decided that my kd had to use gold farms cause there was no way we could have all that gold. Was pretty funny, then after the war we got waved by another Absalom kd. Damn vultures. :(
    I don't remember the details, but yes accusations of gold farming are not new. Emeriti hasn't done any gold farming in or out. I know Pyro has and I know flogger gc farmed to help 2v1 Rage in the past (for no reason) and directly lied about it and denied everything until the proof came out. Then he finally apologized for lieing but offered nothing to fix it. I didn't create drama over it and didn't do anything like deal breaking him or gbing him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    To be clear, you're saying that you would have farmed him big time if you didn't screw up yourself. WW bonus is huge early since the 5k minimum bonus is 25% of your land if you are 20k acres (and even more if smaller.) Given that you say you'd ahve farmed this kingdom if not for your own mistakes, it should be pretty clear that Emeriti would not want to send such a farm war your way. If Emeriti had known about it, they would have tried to prevent it. Accusations of gold farming the first few days of the age (was Emeriti's island even open? Mordon didn't know Emeriti's loc anyway until well after the war ended.) are just silly. Emeriti has never farmed gold from or to anyone outside their kingdom so far. Pyro, as we all know, has.

Had you won your war that you say should have been a farm war for you if you didn't screw up, then yes it's possible that the #1 prov could have been scared of you as well and also asked you for a cf. Had you ignored their cf requests, then yes it's possible that they would have thought it was their only hope to get you to talk to them by Razing you and offering all land back and extra for a cf. Had this horrible thing happened to you, you could have been more level headed than BB and just took the offer of all land back plus extra and plus gc and a fake hostile for you to safely train up post war and then you'd have profited.
    Like I said, I was in no way suggesting the wave on us from an unwinnable position (unless we screwed up), was or was no directed by Emeriti. I am only merely pointing out it was Bs to think it was going to be a winnable fight (because lets face it, who waves and then hopes opponents screw up and then you get an advantage?). As for where their stubbornness in not withdrawing, and knowing what meant more to us, I will not make a comment about that other than factual happenings.

And lastly, no, I do not agree that a ww bonus is big OOP just because it's 20-25% growth, because everyone starts on 5k pool unutilised and strategic placement is so important and OOW explore is so cheap and fort so powerful. As I have also pointed out, I was able to whore a WW bonus worth of land within 24 hours, easily. So why get stuck in a war where you know the outcome of a 5k land gain was dependent on your opponent being sporting winners/losers?

And lastly, to add on (sorry for forgetting and quick succession of posts), No, they did not only know we were Pyro after war was over and we WD'ed.

Even before war-declare, through the in-game mail exchanges, they knew who we were (I believe in-game messages was left to my steward since I left him to diplo, because me and the opponent's monarch did not get off to the best of terms as I called his move dirty and low), and the moment war started, it was stated in War forums that they knew we were Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    I don't remember the details, but yes accusations of gold farming are not new. Emeriti hasn't done any gold farming in or out. I know Pyro has and I know flogger gc farmed to help 2v1 Rage in the past (for no reason) and directly lied about it and denied everything until the proof came out. Then he finally apologized for lieing but offered nothing to fix it. I didn't create drama over it and didn't do anything like deal breaking him or gbing him for it.
    I suggest you might want to read what you quote next time. :) Cause your post had zero relevancy to what you quoted.

Why are there so many puns in this thread?

It's dwarfed the issue at hand, for me
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Y'know, sometimes winning... winning is no fun at all.

Thread Information