Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic sheep View Post
    Ben will also spend that $8. It has been shown that low wage workers spend paychecks much faster. Often minimum wage workers consume the entire check the same week it is received. High velocity money boosts the economy. Ben is going to make car payments, pay rent, get cable, and maybe take Suzie on a date to fast food place.

You would expect some inflation. But the effect of past minimum wage increases was much lower than would be expected. The increases to minimum wage were almost entirely absorbed by lost profits. I should probably find the source for that. I have heard it multiple times. But that is for legal workers like your Ben.

For illegal workers like Jose the wage difference will be exclusively criminal profits pocketed by farmer Joe. The market price for commodities will be set by legal industry. A lot of that will be spent on land purchase. You get inflation from higher land prices. It will be harder for Ben to find work because there are fewer legal farms hiring.
    Well I'm by no means an economy expert or anything, I just wanted to point out that it's not as simple as "Keep the money in America!". There are always consequences to decisions like these.

I will say though that minimum wage increased are usually not all that substantial. $.50 here, $1 there. I wouldn't expect companies to react too much from chances like that. However, the cost of labor for people employing illegals would generally be very significant (depending on just how much lower than the minimum wage they're being paid). I don't think using minimum wage increases as a model would be a very accurate representation of what the effect would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    Scary thing is he has no voting history
    he has a voting and candidate support history

and btw he didn't always vote Republican, he once supported Hillary. There's actually evidence for that. His daughter Ivanka made an endorsement to Hillary's campaign of 1000 dollars and has admitted is good friends with Chelsea. Kinda small contribution, but then he hasn't been visited by 3 spirits on the night before christmas. ;) But that's also because he believes in trickle down economics. ;) He was also actually a big believer in the Clintons when they cut wellfare in the nineties. And that's not just because it meant less taxes for him. A lot of that wellfare support goes to Afro-American families. Bill also has a locker of a men's club in one of Trump's buildings, its right next to the locker of Jack Nicholson. But I guess you can't handle that truth. ;)

It's rather easy to figure out Trump, whoever is best for big business and screws over the little guy, whoever is the most racist, or whoever strokes his huge ego, gets the support of Trump

But it's not so much his views that's dangerous, it's his views in combination with his personality that makes him dangerous and why you definitely shouldn't vote for a man like him. His personality has a lot in common with that of someone like say Charlie Sheen....

because I wanna bet it's...npd he has.

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements). CHECK, went bankrupt 5 times and still believes he's the only true businessman out there
    2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. CHECK, beauty, he actually owns the miss universe pageant
    3. Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions). CHECK, you won't see him near a soup kitchen, he's like the Lex Luthor (lives in a high rise apartment), except he still has hair
    4. Requires excessive admiration. CHECK he constantly seeks media attention
    5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations. CHECK just because you're a billionaire, does not make you more entitled than any other human being
    6. Is inter-personally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends. definitely CHECK, you want to see the docu about him building a golf course in Scotland
    7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others. CHECK, is unwilling to retract any of the grievous comments he made
    8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her. CHECK, in his retoric he shows that he believes that all other candidates are envious of him
    9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes. CHECK, he's the most arrogant candidate out there, geesh even Paul can learn arrogance from him
    Last edited by freemehul; 28-11-2015 at 10:36.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Seems relevant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Chinese know how to make 'made in usa' tags ;-)

but if you really want to buy only american made stuff, start boycotting Apple hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Chinese know how to make 'made in usa' tags ;-)

but if you really want to buy only american made stuff, start boycotting Apple hardware
    Not _all_ Apple hardware is made outside of the USA; just 99% of it is. The best Apple Hardware is made in the USA AFAIK. I'm not sure its possible to find computer hardware thats 99% made in the USA, I mean one company that produces 99% of their hardware in the USA.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Not _all_ Apple hardware is made outside of the USA; just 99% of it is. The best Apple Hardware is made in the USA AFAIK. I'm not sure its possible to find computer hardware thats 99% made in the USA, I mean one company that produces 99% of their hardware in the USA.
    I'm seriously doubt there is a significant difference in the product that reaches the customer. Maybe the Chinese plants have a higher percentage of production failures but those are 99% screened out before they reach the customer. I've a friend who's worked tech support for Apple and they're really really anal and control freaky about just about anything.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I'm seriously doubt there is a significant difference in the product that reaches the customer. Maybe the Chinese plants have a higher percentage of production failures but those are 99% screened out before they reach the customer. I've a friend who's worked tech support for Apple and they're really really anal and control freaky about just about anything.
    By best I mean their top of the line desktop/server which is IMO their most superior product; it is made 100% in the USA AFAIK.
    #magi

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Isn't that illegal or something? I generally don't buy apple stuff. I think the last apple product I bought was an iPod lol (not because of any economic reasons, google just treats me better lol)

Regardless I just want a strong leader. One that the rest of the world does not laugh at or view as weak. Although that may be impossible. I saw a bernie sanders pic a few post back and he is somewhat interesting. I just do not agree with the raising the minimum wage idea bc I think it is bad economics as it just drives up the cost of everything else and at the end of the day you are back where you started. Milk will go up .40, bread will go up .25, and gas, and everything else as employers have to raise the rates to be able to pay their employees. It is a vicious cycle.
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Regardless I just want a strong leader. One that the rest of the world does not laugh at or view as weak. Although that may be impossible. I saw a bernie sanders pic a few post back and he is somewhat interesting. I just do not agree with the raising the minimum wage idea bc I think it is bad economics as it just drives up the cost of everything else and at the end of the day you are back where you started. Milk will go up .40, bread will go up .25, and gas, and everything else as employers have to raise the rates to be able to pay their employees. It is a vicious cycle.
    Had to search a bit for this article:

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/14050

I do not think Trump would be a strong leader.

I think some would vote for him, just to see that happen. :/
    #magi

While that would indeed be hilarious the problem I see is that there's probably an equal chance he'd also do that to Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinpin, Ali Khamenei, Bashar al-Assad and a bunch of other world leaders. Then he'd go and call François Hollande a surrender monkey, Angela Merkel a closet Nazi and David Cameron or Queen Elizabeth an imperialist arsehole... And then it'd take whoever comes after 50 years to repair the diplomatic mess he created. He'd also probably try to call Narendra Modi for tech support and insult him when he says he doesn't work for Verizon.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    While that would indeed be hilarious the problem I see is that there's probably an equal chance he'd also do that to Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinpin, Ali Khamenei, Bashar al-Assad and a bunch of other world leaders. Then he'd go and call François Hollande a surrender monkey, Angela Merkel a closet Nazi and David Cameron or Queen Elizabeth an imperialist arsehole... And then it'd take whoever comes after 50 years to repair the diplomatic mess he created. He'd also probably try to call Narendra Modi for tech support and insult him when he says he doesn't work for Verizon.
    They hate us anyways so what difference does it make. Plus he is the only one who would tell both republicans and Democrats to shut up and get actual get work done.

Thread Information