Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: FREE vs SPARTANS - war in OOP

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    So, you are trying to stop someone who is willing to raze into your wars by making a deal with them?
    That's only a paranoia, vlad has specifically said that he won't hit into wars or hostiles. I, however, won't stop at anything when it comes to dirtbags and powerplay.
    ABS vs Rangers

Enthusiast
    Don't know why people are even talking here, Sparta won the war, if FREE don't want a CF then just continue age without one.

There's not some written rule people have to CF you, it's quite clear the vocal portion of FREE are exactly that, all bark and no bite. For someone who was going to totally destroy CRs age and stop at nothing to do it, Vlahul has very quickly decided they're going to now focus on Sparta. So what about all the CR threats, they just been forgotten about? Take away from this thread is that Vlahul talks big but quickly forgets their threats.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    I wonder what world you live in. We get hit with a full wave in war when our armies are out, then we get threatened again and again after we state we want normal relations. You sound like Putin when he annexed Crimea, you twist the truth as it suits you. The Greeks could have had peace, instead they chose a Versailles Treaty because they were the aggressive part, a CF which is no peace. They only fueled a fire.
    You got threatened after you threatened sparta from start of hostile relations til end of EOWCF. You're not even twisting truth just twisting definitions of words. Normal relations aren't peace, and after threats no diplo means you're hostile.

I absolutely love how you accept being Germany and I prove Sparta isn't french, and you still go back to the analogy willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    FREE aren't the ones worried about their reputation, the Spartans are the ones doing damage control, hence the push for the meaningless CF.
    Maybe you guys are naive. Sparta pushed for a cf that has meaning in reinforcements when (since it's been threatened) deal break again.

You guys really are paranoid and scared. Without reason before the forced CF, with good reason now. You created the enemy you fantasized about.
    Your timeline is off. Your threats started pre war, and have been continuous since. You broadcasted that you were their enemy, this is no outside creation.

You guys are beyond paranoid. ^^ You created your own ghosts, basically. Way to create an enemy out of nothing

It's funny, in all this, that CR has not been as paranoid as you when Vlad promised death and destruction upon them. They play their game and know that most people are reasonable. Vlad also said he would never hit into wars or hostiles.
    And you keep posting the same thing which seems to be your own delusion or a flat out lie.
    Vlad also said he wouldn't hit before the 4th. So now everyone trusts he wont hit into wars? I'll address, as I have before, why you "trust" the eowcf when you can't trust his word below.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    So, you are trying to stop someone who is willing to raze into your wars by making a deal with them?
    You don't trust them to keep their word. And you won't stop them from razing into yours wars. But you get a gangbang on them if they break their word on this cf, it's just a deterrent and a safety net.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Maybe you guys are naive. Sparta pushed for a cf that has meaning in reinforcements when (since it's been threatened) deal break again.
    I really don't think they'd get a huge amount of support tbh, especially if the top kingdoms have something better to do.

Flogger broke his deal with Emeriti and on the grounds of "I had no intention of keeping that deal." The precedent has been set!

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I really don't think they'd get a huge amount of support tbh, especially if the top kingdoms have something better to do.

Flogger broke his deal with Emeriti and on the grounds of "I had no intention of keeping that deal." The precedent has been set!
    There is a difference between punishing someone for chit play and being a rabid dog. The top is going to be decided shortly, there are even less combatants than last year.

It's always been a precedence that you can break CF to "police" the server. I think it's dumb so don't preach to me on it, but yeah BB painted themselves to be the police in that situation.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    You don't trust them to keep their word. And you won't stop them from razing into yours wars. But you get a gangbang on them if they break their word on this cf, it's just a deterrent and a safety net.
    If Sparta have all the allies people seem to be claiming, could you remind me why they need an EoACF to stop a KD razing into their wars?

You're telling us that Sparta have allies who would act if a CF was broken, but inferring that they wouldn't help if a KD was doing OOW razes (as the CF break is the pivot for the assistance)? If they wouldn't help with OOW razes, they're **** allies. If they would help then why the insistence on a CF to stop this, which could be cancelled anyway.

Veteran
    That's only a paranoia, vlad has specifically said that he won't hit into wars or hostiles. I, however, won't stop at anything when it comes to dirtbags and powerplay.
    Maybe you shouldnt be playing in free after their dealbreak if your honest about that.

Also stop calling it powerplaying. The war was agreed on in pre-age. It started out as an equal fight, spartans gained the upperhand and broke it off right away when you finally conceded. Maybe you've been a bit too excited about vlahule's intention of jumping people when their backs are exposed and vulturing them when they can't give you a proper fight, but a war that was agreed on at equal acres, science, honour, time to pump etc has absolutely nothing to do with powerplaying. At all. Your intention of forcing a fight on unprepared kds where you'd have every advantage would be called powerplaying though, should you choose to go through with it.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    If Sparta have all the allies people seem to be claiming, could you remind me why they need an EoACF to stop a KD razing into their wars?

You're telling us that Sparta have allies who would act if a CF was broken, but inferring that they wouldn't help if a KD was doing OOW razes (as the CF break is the pivot for the assistance)? If they wouldn't help with OOW razes, they're **** allies. If they would help then why the insistence on a CF to stop this, which could be cancelled anyway.
    He didnt say allies. Even enemies work together (sometimes) when it comes to policing DBs. Most of utopia wants to play in an environment where kds are held accountable to keeping their word on CFs, so there are usually plenty of people willing to get involved in a clear DB.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Quote Originally Posted by beans View Post
    He didnt say allies. Even enemies work together (sometimes) when it comes to policing DBs. Most of utopia wants to play in an environment where kds are held accountable to keeping their word on CFs, so there are usually plenty of people willing to get involved in a clear DB.
    ^^ This guy gets it.

Also Silverfox, I would hope that the warring tier has learned the lesson that FS once again taught last age, and others before had tried to teach. Get CFs or fear a warring kd growing above you to secure honor crown. Never forget the pew unlimited waves on simians #RIPAnry #BringBackOvenmitt

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Maybe you shouldnt be playing in free after their dealbreak if your honest about that.

Also stop calling it powerplaying. The war was agreed on in pre-age. It started out as an equal fight, spartans gained the upperhand and broke it off right away when you finally conceded. Maybe you've been a bit too excited about vlahule's intention of jumping people when their backs are exposed and vulturing them when they can't give you a proper fight, but a war that was agreed on at equal acres, science, honour, time to pump etc has absolutely nothing to do with powerplaying. At all. Your intention of forcing a fight on unprepared kds where you'd have every advantage would be called powerplaying though, should you choose to go through with it.
    The war did not start out as an equal fight. They got a full wave extra, managing to chain attackers long before we could respond. Fight was over when Greeks exploited a small misunderstanding. It was never a fair fight.

You seem to have forgotten the essense of every war game. You want to take your enemy unprepared, that's what separates the skilled from the unskilled. Maybe you're "new" to utopia, but this is how utopia always was, not to mention the real world. You've created a static fantasy world of boredom. Everything is predictive and boring. Skilled kds don't get caught with their pants down! (Like we did ooeowcf)

The thing is, Greeks think they finally got peace. Instead, they created the monster of their dreams. I would call that moronic. Fair is a word lost for me when ppl treat me badly.
    Last edited by stoffi; 14-01-2016 at 05:59.
    ABS vs Rangers

The war did not start out as an equal fight. They got a full wave extra, managing to chain attackers long before we could respond. Fight was over when Greeks exploited a small misunderstanding. It was never a fair fight.

You seem to have forgotten the essense of every war game. You want to take your enemy unprepared, that's what separates the skilled from the unskilled. Maybe you're "new" to utopia, but this is how utopia always was, not to mention the real world. You've created a static fantasy world of boredom. Everything is predictive and boring. Skilled kds don't get caught with their pants down! (Like we did ooeowcf)
    1. You keep on forgetting FREE dealbroke and stole a heap gc, runes and ETed our rogues before the 4th, AND made an early hit. You call that a 'small misunderstanding'? You tried to make it NOT an equal fight. We would have stuck to the agreement if it hadn't ALREADY been trashed by you. And don't believe for a second we couldn't have legitimately taken it further. It was your kingdom set-up, your strategy and your preparation that lost you the war. Stop lying, and stop deluding yourself, Stoffi. Man up, and accept you were fairly beaten.

2. It was written on the walls you were going to get waved. Your pants weren't 'down'. You think you can go about the forums flaming, threatening and blatantly lying to us without there being repercussions?
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 14-01-2016 at 08:59.

Post Demon
    I like how "You seem to have forgotten the essense of every war game. You want to take your enemy unprepared, that's what separates the skilled from the unskilled." evolves into "powerplay" when free is on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Because prevention is better than curing/repairing.

Enthusiast
    FYI top war tier has to have good diplomacy skills to be top war tier. Whoring kds are so active in diplo it creates a target vacuum, then war kds that get pushed up near the whoring kds become the most viable targets for multiple larger kds that have had more time pumping at that size. Being top war tier requires war skills and diplomacy skills. Not saying that sparta is THE top, but we can and do play up in that range.

I had thought that vlad/free was about 50/50 canny and delusional. Calling out CR, **** talking sparta pre war, etc etc. It seemed like he was a good player but a little crazy. After seeing how things have panned out its become increasingly obvious that its 100% delusional. Throwing a tantrum after your first war and notifying the now much much larger enemy that you are going to jump them later in the age? then refusing a free eowcf with this much larger enemy? Promising to be martyrs and never give an eoacf but then taking an eoacf before even the first raze wave is done? minutes after giving an eoacf claiming that you dont have to honour it and talking more ****?

bloody fing hell! your war tactics were average at best and your diplomacy skill is the absolute worst I have ever seen. Far far far worse then even the kds which just refuse to do any diplomacy at all, you guys are actively handicapping yourselves every time you open your mouths. Not only can a kd never tripple crown like this, but you cant even make it to the top of the war tier. Unless you sort your **** out you will be lucky to make a good showing in just the mid war tier.
    All hail Bart of Farta

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Because prevention is better than curing/repairing.
    You don't trust them to keep their word. And you won't stop them from razing into yours wars.
    So, remind me how an EoACF would stop a KD from doing OOW razes? Someone willing to do that clearly couldn't just cancel a CF then do it could they? Or are you also inferring that the "utopian police" are about as useful as some chocolate dildos and wouldn't help a KD who's being GBed OOW unless some CF has been cancelled before that.

Take away from this thread is that it's cool to raze KDs at war unless you break a CF to do so, herp derp.

Thread Information