I could be wrong, but it seems that the war tier is the largest contingent in the game. I suggest a new server that caters to the war mongers out there. It is drastic.

It could run like this:

Instead of running through an entire age, there would be speed rounds. Individuals are randomly assigned to a KD AND a race/personality type. Two Kingdoms will be formed at the same time and their "age" will start at the same time. The first few days will be in protection but the tick time will work 2x as fast. At the end of those few days, the two KDs can begin hostilities toward each other. The age will end either after one KD is defeated(NW%?) or at a set time.

Races and personalities would be similar to WoL. Mechanics would be basically the same as well.

The major difference would be in time and KD make up.

All of this was hastily thought out and I'm very open to change, but there are a few things I love about this idea:

One, I like that idea of being forced to try out different race/personality combos and working in tandem with other randoms.
Two, short "ages" like this would allow more players to step in and out of utopia without the sometimes grinding commitment of so many weeks.
Three, it eliminates the hassle inherent in finding wars.

It does take away from the camaraderie of long time teammates, so perhaps you have a team(15-25?) that stay together and sign up for a start time.
It could be run with more than 2 kds that have access to each other. Four might make for an interesting king of the hill type scenario.