Quote Originally Posted by mades3 View Post
Got out of my KD, because I didn't want to be part of it. They were controlling and told you what to do and how to do it. But then, the next KD I join, right out of the gate, I get attacked thrice, and I saw this in the chat. I was part of those they called: "randoms". (No wonder people stop playing this game).

The kingdom of Not warring atm - recruiting (2:11)

Cable
Mon, 15:51

And further down the convo:

And on the main page:

The last time I tried playing again (years ago), I told my KD I hadn't played in a while and would like some help, and the next thing I know, the next day my country was dead. How is this game even fun at all, when newer players, and those with less experience always get killed by their clan? At this point, I'll most likely stop playing and go back to only playing Earth Empires.
Utopia is a team game. Your kingdom is your team. You do as they say, or you don't play with that team.

If you're new, inexperienced, or out of practice, it's best to communicate those facts to them. Maybe they can help, maybe you'll have to move to a new kingdom.

Defecting is not a good idea if you're not well versed in how to play - you're better waiting 24h to create a new province.

If you want to do whatever you want, there are kingdoms like that, especially lower in the rankings. Most will still of course demand you maintain certain sizes or defence or help in wars, etc.

Very, very few like mine (I am Steel, in the kd Octobrev mentioned) have zero rules at all. Mine is one of them, but we would still kill provinces that have a negative impact on the independent collective.

If you want to become reacquainted with the game and play at your own pace and according to your own tastes, PM myself or Korp for an invite.

Otherwise, learn how to follow orders and be a team player or quit and stop whining that you died because other people care about their kingdoms too much to let a solo playing noob bring them down.