Thread: Make site attack data public..

Make site attack data public..

cause your player base has talent.. we have resources, tools, and friends in the right places.

Its widely known that the cheating was the downfall to the game. These attacks are just the same old tricks of packet overload,inject, and wait for restart.

Their is no way to actually know who. If they are serious about what they are doing. but something tells me that they never got over the game genie.

its magic! that must make me a real wizard!..yay

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I agree. This is a very tech-savvy player base. We don't want the game to just as badly as you.

I don't think they were intending to profit from any of these attacks..

But i'm pretty sure it is illegal for them to give out the ip addresses of the attackers

its not an open source game, the same people that are tech savy can also figure out how to attack server.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Might be the same as opening Pandoras box. Never a good thing.

Veteran
    i bet it was the grinch, practicing his mechanics before season hits

Regular
    Great idea but how would you police it? How could you be sure that the person making the attacks isn't going to use the info you make public to make an even bigger attack.

If they could monitor it properly somehow, I'd be all for it - but can jolt monitor anything properly?

You're talking about making public data regarding the alleged DDoS attack?

I don't think that's a good idea. Many innocent people, whose only fault is to mindlessly download viruses, will get hit. Whether or not we can track the originator depends upon the initial method of distribution.

This sounds like a sure path to e-lynching.

Besides, I couldn't even hack through an open door.
    Interviewer: Are you concerned about putting OMAC in charge of a crowd of unruly militant loonies? And are you sure they know what they're getting themselves into?

Mehul: I warned them multiple times...

All you need to do is watch a bit of computer related cinemas and then you are qualified to do pretty much anything.. War Games, Hackers, Swordfish.. Anti-trust.. I can't think of any more.

The Net? ;-)

Kidding...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    All you need to do is watch a bit of computer related cinemas and then you are qualified to do pretty much anything.. War Games, Hackers, Swordfish.. Anti-trust.. I can't think of any more.

hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    you're like some davidian branch.
    TipTripTrap, proud branch davidian since freemehul convinced me to convert.

I apologize profusely in advance for any possible offense that could be caused by perceived sarcasm in this post. Sorry again, please enjoy your stay in this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    I don't think they were intending to profit from any of these attacks..

But i'm pretty sure it is illegal for them to give out the ip addresses of the attackers
    profit no, but perhaps they're trying to get competition out of the way. I'm beginning to suspect some online competitor is trying to destroy JOLT.

I detest that kind of lowlyness. I sincerely hope JOLT catches these guys and bring them to justice, because in the process the hackers are destroying a game that i hold dear
    Last edited by freemehul; 04-11-2009 at 00:58.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    profit no, but perhaps they're trying to get competition out of the way. I'm beginning to suspect some online competitor is trying to destroy JOLT.

I detest that kind of lowlyness. I sincerely hope JOLT catches these guys and bring them to justice, because in the process the hackers are destroying a game that i hold dear
    You know, I was starting to wonder the same thing.

I don't care how much some people are gratuitously mean, no single loser would invest that much effort into taking utopia out of commission unless there was some ulterior motive to it (not when he could be making real money doing some actual work).

This whole anonimity on the net with proxies and whatnot cr*p sucks. People should be accountable for their actions and various countries should get their act together and make common laws to legislate on the matter.
    Last edited by Magn; 04-11-2009 at 03:36.

Thread Information