Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets break this message down...

it is clearly high demand. Problem is what causes the game to perform so poorly that 1000 people causes it to fail. Coding error is much more likely then a hardware problem VT2 is just nub
    My life is better then yours.

Veteran
    and wtf is this:

"there is now a cap on how many individual batches of troops you can have in training at any one time. There's a similar new limit on the other schedules, e.g., learning and exploring."

Next step is let us only read the site.. do nothing.. so it doesn't crush..

Better down than with these stupid limits.

"game down at each hour change"

WTF have you been doing all this time ? You said you had this thing with ticking figured out... this is how it's gonna be ??

Clearly, computing and programming is a lot harder than we think.
    That, or OMAC fails harder than diamonds.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Exclamation DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by JDcompy View Post
    Just wanted to throw a note in there, - Because the new "live time" was not as scheduled as a normal utopia age start would be, it is my assumption that there would be less people logging on at the live time you created than the normal live time. So, if the server was overloaded by demand the server would have to be far worse than it used to be. So that doesn't really make sense unless you've downgraded the server.

I think the question is- what are other sites doing to parry bots?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly.

How do bots get in? Are they reliant on creating new accounts? If so, temporarily freeze new accts might work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are they going to assess high login every startup? Got 11k players left atm. How many peeps playing UT will have to remain b4 the log in is no longer high & they feel free to stop assessing?
    Shaken not stirred.

I took Pc programming up to grade 12 in highschool. This game is pretty basic ****! A bunch of *if's Ors, And's Then's* and you got yourself a Utopia game..... with Animation!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMistressOfBaal View Post
    JD - fact is, when it went up, first player to notice sent an alert to the whole KD, and those of us around tried to log in, I expect many other KD's did something similar

And people that were not expecting to log on may or may not have logged in.

My point was not to suggest a % difference, just state that it is more likely it is not a server issue unless theyve downgraded something and unless you believe that people msging people who can receive msgs/were around/could come on/were awake/were available/even communicating created more traffic than the usual scheduled start, I believe my point is still valid.

No hostility inteded

...Upon opening up the site at 20:34 GMT this evening it was innundated with traffic.

I know the reason behind this! It's adds! They need the multiple logins every few moments so that they can tell the advertisers that activity is just GRAND, even before the game is running!

I can write this code from my Commodore 64 which I just got out of storage to show my kid how I programmed way back when I converted the IBM Waterloo Basic to Commodore basic for school and work! CPM at 2MHZ burst when the screen was turned off!
    The 128D! WOW!

I wonder if they need another 300baud modem. I have a few.
    I remember going to the CB rooms talking to people in China for $6.95 an hour and swaping board game codes! Yeah BABY!

Hey, I have a Simon's Basic card in my large Floppy case if they need it too! Lots of color stuff in there!
    We need to assess whether this was from scripted bots, whether it was malicious or whether it was simply due to high demand from players.
    We do not expect to open up the server again this evening. We will update again in the morning.

Post Fiend
    Clearly the game would be "innundated" if you took it offline for so long? What to they expect? It boogles the mind, honestly.

The next time they put it back online, its going to be "innundated" again. You should pay be a consult for for telling you that.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    and wtf is this:

"there is now a cap on how many individual batches of troops you can have in training at any one time. There's a similar new limit on the other schedules, e.g., learning and exploring."

Next step is let us only read the site.. do nothing.. so it doesn't crush..

Better down than with these stupid limits.

"game down at each hour change"

WTF have you been doing all this time ? You said you had this thing with ticking figured out... this is how it's gonna be ??

they claim they have figured out..but i doubt it..more or less they're pretending they have figured it out to cover up the **** out of this..we're leaving this ****ing ****..who cares about utopia anymore,or loyalty to the game where in OMAC dont really care about this game actually..

enough bull**** already!!this is far way enough..might as well say in the future games OMAC will be handling we'll know it will be as **** as this or rather worst than this..

**** the funding..if they want their investment to gain then make this ****ing game playable and competitive again morons!and not a series of ****ing whole time record of downtime!!who would want to play in a game that goes down every single day?retards..

new codes?! *spits* who cares about your whole damn new code who doesnt even work for 12 hours..

just an advice go back to school and learn..

Thread Information