Dark Elves
    Add +15% exploration cost

Elves
    Add +1 General
    -20% Wages
    -50% Elite troop losses

Avians
    Add 50% Birth Rates
    Add Immunity to Fog (they are in the sky, birds eye view, they can see where to go)

Dwarves
    +30% BE
    +15% Food consumption
    -10% Magic effectiveness

Shepherd
    Remove population bonus
    Remove BR bonus
    Add 3 Elites at home generates 1 bushel per day

Merchant
    Add every 15 Elites at home fill one job

Tactician
    Remove Draft Cost
    Add every 30 elites captures 1 additional prisoner

Mystic
    Add every 15 Elites at home generate 1 rune daily
    You killed orc....undeads r overpowered again...avian 50% BR r just silly...elves would be cool with -50% wages and -50% losses...extra gen is too much....u just killed shepherd...making elites at home do smthn would be cool tho...

Postaholic
    lets make a undead personality instead of bringing the race back..

like;
    % of spec turn into elites on tradmarch (should be pretty decent % sense most ppl dont use off spec)
    No losses on offence atk's
    Spread/immune to plague

(remove plague from orc, and remove immunity from shep)

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    lets make a undead personality instead of bringing the race back..

like;
    % of spec turn into elites on tradmarch (should be pretty decent % sense most ppl dont use off spec)
    No losses on offence atk's
    Spread/immune to plague

(remove plague from orc, and remove immunity from shep)
    I know this is a while after the fact - but I kind of like the concept of Undead being a Personality rather than a race. It makes me imagine zombie dwarves and zombie gnomes...I don't know about you guys but I find that freakin' hilarious.
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Pratchett.

Lol let the zombie apocalypse begin!

Two options that other games have implimented with much success is upgrades and quests. Utopia has no upgrades and no quests at the moment so the game gets repetative (growth and/or honor are the only options). Quests can include things like: a random server controlled kd/prov who has a special item/honor bonus that will be given to the prov/kd that attacks/wars them and wins (should be announced in a very obvious place to generate hype).

Upgrades would take a lot more thought but I thought it would be nice to have kd's buy their upgrades much like we pay for dragons to attack other kds. EJ: the monarch choses to buy a galleon (lets avoid the term 'boats' again) for the kd (-5% attack time on other islands) and the kd has to chip in to buy it. Other ideas: banking systems, massive mining project, national hospitals, royal pastures (horses), royal orchards, ect.

These ideas would take some major revisions to the game and not just changing the values of the utopia database and as such would take some work but utopia is already a successful internet game and is worth the investment. It would also be nice to continue to make changes that promote teamwork which is a strength of utopia (nice job on the kd chat by the way).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    umm no. Then there would be no warring. You don't war kds who have advantages over you (i.e. They've bought a boatload of 'upgrades' throughout the age and you've spent the whole age warring).

Those options are not compatible at all for games like Utopia. The ages restart to avoid being repetitive and allow you to switch up your strategies and how you're playing the game (race/pers).

Utopia is not WoW, nor does it want to be WoW.

Post Demon
    In fact (though the current dev team will never admit it publicly) - utopia doesn't want "level grind" players, and is better off if they stay away. Lots of imitators, some even with utopia branding, tried that approach. They probably made more at first - but they are all dead, and we are still here. Mehul understood this very clearly, and it gave him the famous "my way or the high way" attitude at times: we aren't trying to make the next farm-vile, we are trying to make the next chess. Even if it is an idea that is good for WoW, the fundamental game-play is different, and there is no reason to believe it is any good here.

Sticking a bunch of "junk" features onto the game without any real reason for them will always get shot down, hard, around here. The main concepts of the game have survived, modified but intact, from the beta: we might like change, but it is always limited change. If we wanted WoW, we'd go play that instead - we are here for a reason.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I think I'd quit playing Utopia if it was like WoW :S

I agree with the 'Chess' comment though I suppose it's probably close to a text-based RTS..but not quite realtime.

This game might be playable as an individual, but the real success comes in team play, and if you think of a war as more of a sport match - you're a bit closer to the spirit of the game.

If you effectively turned kingdoms into 'guilds' by making this a quest-based RPG...I would quit playing too, though it would be funny (the first time) to see someone drop an "I attack the darkness" gag..it really wouldn't be worth it for all those guys who AREN'T parodying the stereotype.

If you want quests, play WoW, Neverwinter Nights/II, Dungeon Seige/II, Diablo/II/III (whenever the hell it comes out) and stay away from Utopia. In saying that, if you're prepared to accept what the game IS rather than what it ISN'T, you're more than welcome - we need more active players =)
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Pratchett.

My opinions for next age:

Nerf Chasity, make it -80% BR instead. OR change the MV mechanics to 100-80% chance of removing spells.

As said earlier: Undead as personality.
    Maybe:
    -100% Food consumption
    +10% pop (remove from Shepherd)

Elves:
    Only +1 mana per tick in war and give them a lil econom boost, something like less combat losses, lower wages or even maybe ToG.

Thread Information