Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Chasity OVERPOWERED

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    I don't understand all the fuzz about this discussion. I feel we are at the point everybody gave his opinion about chastity being overpowered or not. Just relax and share good arguments, instead of giving irritated responses. Man, there is more tension in this topic then there was in my failed marriage :). My opinion is that chastity is not overpowered. I want to share my opinion explaining which kind of players chastity hurts to and to which players it doesnt. Also I d like to give my opinion if the effects of chastity would be gone if they spell didnt even exist.

pure attacker:
    chastity can be a pain in the ass. In my opinion only when peasants are heavily reduced due to ops/attacks. They can not really do much about it because pure attackers lack the TPA to do effective kidnapping. A side effect of being a full attacker is that most likely your WPA is low. if a A/m or T/M can spare some mana and you catch a long chastity at the begin of it's duration it could be worth to MV it off, although on a high rune cost. More importantly is that heavy attackers do traditional marches during war. Every succesfull TM rewards a significant amount of peasants when underpopulated. So they still have ways to increase their PPA. Although I totally agree with the people opposing chastity as spell that it is a pain in the ass. But more then fireballing, MS, NS, KN, riots, greed, prop, PF, NM? I don't think so.

A/M:
    your wpa is supposed to be high enough to prevent chastity spamming on your province from those random undeads. Only faeries and undead/mystics should be able to get it on you. the mana of a mystic is very valuable. if he/she is using(wasting) it on you to keep 24/7 chastity on you as A/M I wouldn't mind at all. There are far worse things a mystic's mana can do to your kingdom compared to keep CHA on A/M's.

A/T:
    I play human/rogue this age. my wizards are one of the most awfull in the world. Last war I have been fireballed to 1-2 PPA and received non stop chastity cover. Kidnappings are the key for an A/T. Just for the fun of it I kidnapped the guy who kept me chastity covered and fireballed me. He ended up with less peasants then me. Just a few kidnappings are enough to make a full FB/CHA run useless. for 20% stealth you can kidnap back to at least 7-8 PPA. if he decides to waste his mana again on a fireball run / cha coverage you keep doing the same. if you can afford to KN its a very effective counter to peasant control.

T/M:
    they dont have to worry about chastity at all. they are hard to peasant control with ops. Hard to cast chastity on and even if they get peasant controlled they can kidnap it back.

My conclusion:
    Pure attackers are the most affected by chastity, still MV on them is relatively easy, especially the races with a magic penalty. With or without chastity, they are the players who always end up being peasant controlled. If chastity gets heavily nerved we are gonna see more elves overdoing the FB's in combination with storms to the point regeneration is gonna take days. This would result in the same effect people are complaining about now. A/M's are harder to peasant control due to their protection from fireballs, still KN/massacre followed by chastity can hurt them. Although to their protection against magic they are protected from 'spamming chast' from non a/m hybrids. Imo if still a spells comes trough the wasted mana to fails and the short duration make it worth it. finally both A/t's and T/M's have the perfect counter to chastity; kidnapping.

So Humanoize is it overpowered? "NO!" :)
    Yes, when you cast chastity you can't FB/kidnap/storms/MS anymore =(

Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    Yes, when you cast chastity you can't FB/kidnap/storms/MS anymore =(
    And when you have Chastity, you can't get an MV or kidnap, or stop crying and wait a few hours either.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    I'm still not clear what the argument for chastity being overpowered is?
    and "its easier to cast then MV omg unfair unbalanced" is not an argument, since the same is true for spells such as "Greed" and "Pitfalls" but you guys aren't calling them OP...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I don't remember the part where I said it wasn't worth it, care to show me? Ohhhh, right.... I didn't say that did I?

Tell me, if you had a choice between having on your province Chastity for 6 hours, or MS for 12, which would you choose? If you say MS, then I will just acknowledge you are a nub and move on lol.
    I don't get you, if it isn't worth it then why are you still suggesting it? After suggesting a solution you won't defend your suggestion? So should I even take your posts seriously?

Like I said, I once had a 12hours Chastity on me. That is part of the reason why I am here. If you compare the rune cost and difficulty for both spells, obviously chastity is OP in the success+spammable part.

Post Fiend
    I don't get you, if it isn't worth it then why are you still suggesting it? After suggesting a solution you won't defend your suggestion? So should I even take your posts seriously?

Like I said, I once had a 12hours Chastity on me. That is part of the reason why I am here. If you compare the rune cost and difficulty for both spells, obviously chastity is OP in the success+spammable part.
    Greed and storms are equally as "success+spammable"

Apparently you can't read, I never said it wasn't worth it, lol.

As for you getting a 12 hour Chastity once, allow me to point to your own post:

one success story represents the spell under all circumstances?
    lol
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    dharan I think we are being trolled

He's not a troll he's just a nub.
    S E C R E T S

And when you have Chastity, you can't get an MV or kidnap, or stop crying and wait a few hours either.
    Again, this has been rebutted pages back. Go make the comparison between a Kidnap op gains and a birthrate halt.

Through kidnap, you are sacrificing so much stealth to replenish your loss in birthrate(which is a ridiculous one cast and low rune consumption), risk losing thieves and may even fail the op. 3.2% is the max amount of peasant you can kidnap, and by max I meant sending the most amount of thieves to make it effective. With more thieves sent, the more you lose when it fails. So how is this again, a good solution?

Post Fiend
    You have yet to respond to any of my posts. Clearly you lack any actual argument other then "OMG I got chastity once and it was hard to MV"

I demand we make MS harder and raise the rune cost. I had a 13 hour MS and nobody was around to MV me, and I had no way to replenish my dead troops and pezzies right away with barely any effort. How dare this game have any level of difficulty!
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by titanwraith View Post
    I'm still not clear what the argument for chastity being overpowered is?
    and "its easier to cast then MV omg unfair unbalanced" is not an argument, since the same is true for spells such as "Greed" and "Pitfalls" but you guys aren't calling them OP...
    You need to learn to read. I never once said because MV is hard then chastity is OP. I only said MV is not a good trade-off or an excuse to say that another spell is not OP. Just because you can MV it it's not OP is NOT AN ARGUMENT.

Greed and storms are equally as "success+spammable"
    When greed stops all income, you can come talk again. Other than that, you just lack basic comprehension.

You have yet to respond to any of my posts. Clearly you lack any actual argument other then "OMG I got chastity once and it was hard to MV"
    This are all happening minutes between each other and I have to respond to two people while reading and phrasing? Quit inflating your own ego, i don't have to give priority to your posts.

Post Fiend
    I demand we make MS harder and raise the rune cost. I had a 13 hour MS and nobody was around to MV me, and I had no way to replenish my dead troops and pezzies right away with barely any effort. How dare this game have any level of difficulty!
    I demand we make Traditional March harder and raise the offence required cost. I got attacked once and nobody was around to retal for me, and I had no way to replenish my acres right away since you cannot paradise in fortified. What treachery is this!

Post Fiend
    You need to learn to read. I never once said because MV is hard then chastity is OP. I only said MV is not a good trade-off or an excuse to say that another spell is not OP. Just because you can MV it it's not OP is NOT AN ARGUMENT.

Actually, you haven't said why Chastity is hard at all. You only said that you got it once for 12 hours oh no.

When greed stops all income, you can come talk again. Other than that, you just lack basic comprehension.

When Chastity stops all income, you can come talk again. Other than that, you just lack basic comprehension.
    abcfiller

Apparently you can't read, I never said it wasn't worth it, lol.

As for you getting a 12 hour Chastity once, allow me to point to your own post:

lol
    Yes, comparing the possible duration of a spell with a success chance of another. Great post. I wonder who's trolling, and isn't even willing to defend his own suggestion.

Thread Information