Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trollfags vs. Simians

Post Demon
    The one point I agree with Anri on is that this thread should never have existed. Mods fail completely when a thread titled "lol "insert kd name here" are so bad at utopia" isnt closed.

Obviously the intentions are to flame from the start. There is nothing positive that has come from it and it all should be taken to pms between the two kds. Public flaming makes everyone involved look bad.

?

Anri and I ARE jolt friends, you guys jelly?
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    The one point I agree with Anri on is that this thread should never have existed. Mods fail completely when a thread titled "lol "insert kd name here" are so bad at utopia" isnt closed.
    I disagree.

Anri: cut the **** out.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I disagree.

Anri: cut the **** out.
    I just looked to the forum rules and I don't get why this thread isn't deleted/closed. From the forum rules thread which you edited I find the following:

Specifically, moderators can and will delete:
    * Blatant advertising of unrelated sites, programs, or services.

* Spam and multiple postings of similar messages

* Insults, flames, and attacks on other individuals or groups -->The purpose of this thread

* Off-topic posts - strongly prohibited in the Bugs section

* Posts containing inappropriate language or content.

* Posts encouraging illegal or unethical behavior

* Posting locations - Not allowed under any circumstances. Not even your own.

* "Trolling" (posts only intended to stir up trouble) - If in doubt avoid it, and you should have no problems. --> If this isn't trolling I don't know what is..

Lately I see a lot of trolling going on and I cannot see how this is benenfitting this game. More and more people are not coming to these forums anymore because of the childish behaviour we see here lately. I completely agree with DDodge that this thread should never have excisted...
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IKKA View Post

* "Trolling" (posts only intended to stir up trouble) - If in doubt avoid it, and you should have no problems. --> If this isn't trolling I don't know what is..

Lately I see a lot of trolling going on and I cannot see how this is benenfitting this game. More and more people are not coming to these forums anymore because of the childish behaviour we see here lately. I completely agree with DDodge that this thread should never have excisted...

So according to this perhaps Anri should get a perma ban? I mean he actually started posting in a thread to troll, and then stated throughout the whole thing that he was 'Trolling'

There is no point telling mods how to do their job, they already know. It is their disscretion after all.
    Last edited by Drengi; 29-12-2011 at 17:55. Reason: Can't spell!

I just looked to the forum rules and I don't get why this thread isn't deleted/closed. From the forum rules thread which you edited I find the following:

Specifically, moderators can and will delete:
    * Blatant advertising of unrelated sites, programs, or services.

* Spam and multiple postings of similar messages

* Insults, flames, and attacks on other individuals or groups -->The purpose of this thread

* Off-topic posts - strongly prohibited in the Bugs section

* Posts containing inappropriate language or content.

* Posts encouraging illegal or unethical behavior

* Posting locations - Not allowed under any circumstances. Not even your own.

If you have an issue you can pm a mod.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

This was a continuation of an ongoing political situation between Simians and Trollfags which was already being discussed on this forum. I didn't see enough reason to close it, as it has been a popular subject over the last few days. If we closed every single thread where a kd is called a ghetto or something along those lines, there wouldn't be much left to talk about.
    S E C R E T S

Its moar like making fun of Simians since they did a despicable act.

Im okey to get banned if anri gets banned as well. But I for once havent been trolling, i think Anris behaviour was quite hypocritical cause he would totally reacted in a different way if it was his kingdom that got plundered when they were in a legit war.

Forum Fanatic
    This isn't where I parked my car
    Last edited by Proteus; 29-12-2011 at 19:27. Reason: All the cool kids edit their posts

me fan of anri :)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    This was a continuation of an ongoing political situation between Simians and Trollfags which was already being discussed on this forum. I didn't see enough reason to close it, as it has been a popular subject over the last few days. If we closed every single thread where a kd is called a ghetto or something along those lines, there wouldn't be much left to talk about.
    I did not come up with these forum rules, but if someone is posting locations they are always threathned to get banned. So that rule does apply why shouldn't the others? If you think these threads should be allowed in the forum then change the forum rules accordingly.
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    This isn't where I parked my car
    After reading your post (pre-edit), I don't think you even know what trolling is.

Also, your logic is smothered in failsauce. If I have personally played with 2 different leaders, I have every bit of information I need to criticize the lesser. I don't need to be a super successful leader myself to appreciate the qualities of another.
    Last edited by DHaran; 29-12-2011 at 20:02. Reason: Addition.
    S E C R E T S

I did not come up with these forum rules, but if someone is posting locations they are always threathned to get banned. So that rule does apply why shouldn't the others? If you think these threads should be allowed in the forum then change the forum rules accordingly.
    You do realize cause you interpret in one way doesnt mean those are the actually way the rules work.. just saying.

I can't recall anyone being banned for posting locs, we're pretty lenient on that unless someone is doing it knowingly. A certain level of flaming and arguing is always going to be present in the heated discussions we Utopians generally get into. This would be a very dead forum if all threads got closed for every little negative thing said. That said, there is a line, and I haven't seen anything overly offensive as of yet worthy enough to close this thread.
    S E C R E T S

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    After reading your post (pre-edit), I don't think you even know what trolling is.

Also, your logic is smothered in failsauce. If I have personally played with 2 different leaders, I have every bit of information I need to criticize the lesser. I don't need to be a super successful leader myself to appreciate the qualities of another.
    Actually you would. Ever watch real critics at work (not like movie critics who don't know what they are talking about) but in athletics, food, theater, etc. All of those people have relevant experience and were deeply involved in their respective fields. Having never successfully lead yourself, you do not really know what it entails or the work that is involved. When you do it yourself and do it well you gain perspective on it. Until then everything you say is uninformed, biased, and not credible. If you take the opinions of someone like ASF/Flogger/Dirty`/Realest for example on kingdom or leadership quality it will be a lot more credible than what you say as they were well practiced/experienced. Meanwhile your criticism is as relevant as an outsider since you were never deeply involved in the practice. Its real easy to go and say "s/he sucks" based on an instance or two you selected but statements like that are worthless because you have nothing behind them - neither the authority of a successful kd leader, nor an expert on gameplay. Hence your posts are just troll attempts rather than actual criticism (which doesnt appear on these forums, everything here is plain old trolling). You always compare everyone to Secrets - and act like everyone is mediocre in comparison. Secrets was a solid kingdom but they were by no means the best.

Simians has come a long way since the past few ages and have been doing quite well. They have 2 WWs this age against good kingdoms (Fury and InZZ) and are a solid T10 kingdom. Sometimes their representatives say stuff that can come off silly - everyone has been guilty of that one time or another. You are judging them on their ability to play, not their ability to sound intelligent on the forums. And as far as gameplay goes they have done quite well this age and should be proud of themselves. With that said, I do not know if they actually hit into an active conflict or not, if they did thats not acceptable by the community/standards of proper play but if thats the reason perhaps ya'll should focus on that rather than saying Anri s*cks, etc.

Thread Information